Gearbox software

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
@Nova et al are properly geeking out here. All I've understood from the thread is that the gearbox is slow and speculation reigns.

schuey100

Reaction score
If this issue persists though I may have to rethink this whole i4 idea. Now that I’ve seen the delay, I can’t unsee it
Same thoughts, mine should be with me in November but with no sign of a test drive first it’s making me a little nervous…

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After watching this video from Rybrook, I actually suspect that the V6 Auto has a faster, more intuitive gear change than the I4 DCT.

The people who waited for the I4 because they assumed the DCT would be far "sportier" and faster shifting than the V6 Auto may have made a poor choice.

M3DOC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
After watching this video from Rybrook, I actually suspect that the V6 Auto has a faster, more intuitive gear change than the I4 DCT.

The people who waited for the I4 because they assumed the DCT would be far "sportier" and faster shifting than the V6 Auto may have made a poor choice.
This is the second test drive of the automatic I've seen that is very impressive. Shifts seem very quick for a torque converter and with rev matching the sound is beautiful. Gotta test drive the I4 to see just how the DCT compares before I commit to the I4. Right now it seems like the auto V6 may be the better choice.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Despite what people say about “slushbox” torque converters, the V6 Auto is rather good in the Emira (and later Evoras).

kb21

Reaction score

Thanks for video link. Could you please timestamp where I could find visual of him pulling the upshift paddle with associated upshift noise for comparison? I’ve only found visual of the downshifts eg. 7:45-8:15 and they’re very delayed

Jdmc21

Reaction score

That was exactly the premise on which I chose the I4. My presumption would be that it’d be quicker and sportier than the V6 auto, and I’d only be giving up sound. If that’s not the case, I may have to get an V6 auto. Still doesn’t make sense to me given the A45S characteristics and reviews.