• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

For the whingers: problems happen with every brand

OP
Porter

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
To clarify: I don't mean the people who have had an issue with their new Lotus. It's perfectly reasonable to have feelings about that.

Last edited:

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I don't think you need to make it your personal crusade to silence them.
Funny, but you are ok with the people on here that have made it their crusade to tear down Lotus and the Emira? The amount of people on here not buying the car but continue to tear it down is pretty annoying and does not help the excitement of people that are actually buying the car. Just like the buyers are told to just ignore the constant negativity then you can ignore posts. Two way street.

OP
Porter

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For the narrow minded. People exist with other points of view. Stop trying to deplatform others.
You referring to me? What did I do? The Porsche Taycan thing is funny, enjoy it.

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just poking the bear to see what happens! It’s been one of those days…

Agree, it was funny…

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Funny, but you are ok with the people on here that have made it their crusade to tear down Lotus and the Emira? The amount of people on here not buying the car but continue to tear it down is pretty annoying and does not help the excitement of people that are actually buying the car. Just like the buyers are told to just ignore the constant negativity then you can ignore posts. Two way street.
I certainly think there's a balance for the moderators of the website to handle -- it's a balance, but it also isn't our responsibility? I also don't think their tearing down the Emira in effect silences anyone.

I want to add that I personally enjoy reading all the different takes people have on the Emira -- I just don't need them to all be positive to enjoy my time here.

OP
Porter

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I certainly think there's a balance for the moderators of the website to handle -- it's a balance, but it also isn't our responsibility?

I also don't think their tearing down the Emira in effect silences anyone.
Just to balance the argument... there is something to be said for keeping the community here constructive and not toxic. There are some characters that have popped up in the last week here that seem to exist purely to exercise their spleens and try to wind up the people patiently waiting on vehicle production.

I mean there was literally a guy late last week who doesn't even have a deposit down, and just joined the forum in the last month, who flipped out and declared it THE LAST STRAW when he saw some recent owner having a mechanical issue.

There's an increasing signal-to-noise ratio factor that will need a little management if this forum has a long term future as a center of knowledge and networking for Emira owners and enthusiasts.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I certainly think there's a balance for the moderators of the website to handle -- it's a balance, but it also isn't our responsibility? I also don't think their tearing down the Emira in effect silences anyone.

I want to add that I personally enjoy reading all the different takes people have on the Emira -- I just don't need them to all be positive to enjoy my time here.
The Audi R8 is such a boring car, looks dated, screams "I made it, look at me" and is the obvious choice for those that can't be original and don't to understand true exclusivity - unlike Lotus owners. Oh sorry @Mctaff 😉, it's my opinion only,
I'm entitled to it. Free country! . I shall join the R8 forum and post it..

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lol. Do whatever floats your boat… clearly being childish does!!

My car is well hidden under a cover as that’s exactly my concern!

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m in and really want lotus to do well but that absolutely doesn’t excuse the absolutely shocking customer service and extremely worrying failures coming out of Hethel. I am
Absolutely all for people criticising the car until those issues are resolved. In reference to the original post. Porsche obviously need to sort their mess out too. A paying customer for whatever product should get something that does the job you bought it for whether it’s 20k or 200k it’s really irrelevant.

Porsche and Lotus need to and can do better

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just to balance the argument... there is something to be said for keeping the community here constructive and not toxic. There are some characters that have popped up in the last week here that seem to exist purely to exercise their spleens and try to wind up the people patiently waiting on vehicle production.

I mean there was literally a guy late last week who doesn't even have a deposit down, and just joined the forum in the last month, who flipped out and declared it THE LAST STRAW when he saw some recent owner having a mechanical issue.

There's an increasing signal-to-noise ratio factor that will need a little management if this forum has a long term future as a center of knowledge and networking for Emira owners and enthusiasts.
I wonder (politely) if you’re being overly sensitive to a minority of posts? Maybe I’m not seeing what you see.

There have been a few new posters joining in on a couple of “reported issues” threads but not repeatedly harping on about issues from what I’ve seen. You’re welcome to report such posts or posters to the moderator team to review.

There are also some longer term members who have cancelled but are still active. If they want to jump on issues with early customer cars to post-justify their decisions that’s kind of OK but only up to a point. We know who they are and are watching to ensure it doesn’t get out of hand. It’s important for current owners and deposit holders that early issues are reported but it needs to be factual and proportionate. Wailing and nashing of teeth or pitchforks will be tackled.

Every day we are also seeing new cars delivered and discussions on how things work or modifications. People contributing ideas or experience. Eager anticipation about upcoming deliveries.

We will never over-censor and we will allow people to express concern or frustration about their car or the company supplying it. I hope we can encourage constructive contributions and engagement.

We’re unusual in having a large number of members who don’t yet have an Emira, some of whom may decide not to get one. As more deliveries happen then the balance will shift from waiters to owners and the content will change accordingly.

In the meantime we will try to deal with any excessive negativity. As with all positive communities, everyone has a part to play in maintaining the right community ethos. It’s not just the responsibility of the police.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I make a conscious effort to not jump in on those posts and say something like "See! Told you those seatbelts were rubbish!!" Or "I can't believe you still want to buy this car!"

I just read and remember, make a comment here and there, but a few members have a target on my back for anything I say. I am just waiting for someone to get more posts than me and knock me out of the top 10 posters 😄 Then I'll move on to a different forum. I do enjoy seeing how everything plays out though 🤷🏻

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I make a conscious effort to not jump in on those posts and say something like "See! Told you those seatbelts were rubbish!!" Or "I can't believe you still want to buy this car!"

I just read and remember, make a comment here and there, but a few members have a target on my back for anything I say. I am just waiting for someone to get more posts than me and knock me out of the top 10 posters 😄 Then I'll move on to a different forum. I do enjoy seeing how everything plays out though 🤷🏻
Don’t lie, you’re coming back to us when a more powerful model comes out.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Don’t lie, you’re coming back to us when a more powerful model comes out.
Emira 460GT with fully functional seatbelts & wipers and I am in! I have actually considered putting my name on a list now for a special edition... I think I have a problem! 🤦

OP
Porter

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Emira 460GT with fully functional seatbelts & wipers and I am in! I have actually considered putting my name on a list now for a special edition... I think I have a problem! 🤦
So you really want one, you just want a good whinge on the way there. Fair play, to be honest. :ROFLMAO:

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
So you really want one, you just want a good whinge on the way there. Fair play, to be honest. :ROFLMAO:
It's been a long time I have been wanting to ask, but didn't..

What is "whinge"? Is it a British way to say "whine"?? I don't get the extra "g" in there 😄