Folding side mirrors ?

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So most of the questions regarding some of the possible features have been answered already ( rev match, magnetic shocks, the key appearance, hill assist, etc ) but I was wondering if 1) the side mirrors are powered and 2) and if the side mirrors are powered .... are they actuated by the lock/unlock of the car ? Curious

Anyone ? Bueller ?

So most of the questions regarding some of the possible features have been answered already ( rev match, magnetic shocks, the key appearance, hill assist, etc ) but I was wondering if 1) the side mirrors are powered and 2) and if the side mirrors are powered .... are they actuated by the lock/unlock of the car ? Curious

Anyone ? Bueller ?

Yes they're powered and powerfold on the base model:
1656649584570.png

Don't know about activation... we'll find out soon I'm sure.

I know you can activate the fold/unfold manually using the adjuster on the door.

I’m pretty sure you can also use the settings to either have them auto fold/unfold on lock/unlock or stay out.

Anyone ? Bueller ?
From the Emira Handbook (most recent version). Sorry for the screenshot, PDF is password protected so I couldn't just copy the text..

Attachments

• FoldingMirrors.jpg
    FoldingMirrors.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 40
From the Emira Handbook (most recent version). Sorry for the screenshot, PDF is password protected so I couldn't just copy the text..
Follow up - Here is pg.99. It looks like there are settings for the Mirrors under the Global Settings and App Options.

Attachments

• Pg.99.png
    Pg.99.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Mirrors.png
    Mirrors.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 30
wow that saves all of about 5cm

The Emira is 82.4" wide mirror to mirror and 74.6" wide with mirrors folded. So you save roughly ~4" (or 100mm) on each side. Doesn't seem like a lot, but it helps greatly for those like me with a small 1 car garage. With the mirrors folded I comfortably have ~9"+ on each side to get in/out of my garage door opening. :cool:

Or in metric it's 2092mm wide with mirrors out and 1895mm wide with them folded, so 197mm narrower. Enough to make the difference between squeezing through my 2030mm garage door opening or not :)