Florida members

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Have to kick start this regional forum somehow…

Hi - I am located in Jacksonville. I drive a 2021 Evora GT. Expecting an Emira FE in late 2022/early 2023.

Attachments

• CD55BAB2-6DF3-443D-8D39-3164BA24114B.png
    CD55BAB2-6DF3-443D-8D39-3164BA24114B.png
    447.6 KB · Views: 307

RapidLotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi, over on the east coast of Florida in Melbourne. My order is through Orlando Lotus and I'm waiting for the I4 FE. I currently have a 2005 Elise. I'll probably keep it for the raw analog driving experience and because it is such a special car.

20181202_084727.jpg

My plate is ready for when the Emira arrives!!

Emira_Plate.jpg

Corkdsp

Reaction score
In Orlando here... have deposit down but having trouble convincing the wife on the V6 FE price. We may wait for the base model V6 to come out.....just wish we had official pricing. Dealer wants to me decide.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys. Completely new to Lotus, been driving and racing Porsche’s since ‘78 but I’ve always respected the Lotus driving DNA. I’ve become completely obsessed with the Emira now that I’m seeing on track reviews.

Being new to Lotus I have no idea about dealers as I’m spoiled having dealt with Brumos (now Fields) since I moved her in the late ‘90’s, they treat me right.

I’m in Daytona but am leaning towards World Imports in JAX. I have no interest in the S. FL dealers and Orlando seems to treat Lotus as an afterthought, focussed on Aston and the bigger paydays.

Comments, suggestions? Who has the most allocations in the South East?

Corkdsp

Reaction score
Hi guys. Completely new to Lotus, been driving and racing Porsche’s since ‘78 but I’ve always respected the Lotus driving DNA. I’ve become completely obsessed with the Emira now that I’m seeing on track reviews.

Being new to Lotus I have no idea about dealers as I’m spoiled having dealt with Brumos (now Fields) since I moved her in the late ‘90’s, they treat me right.

I’m in Daytona but am leaning towards World Imports in JAX. I have no interest in the S. FL dealers and Orlando seems to treat Lotus as an afterthought, focussed on Aston and the bigger paydays.

I am also new to lotus coming from Porsche. Lotus Orlando has been very responsive and fair to deal with for me so far. Ask for sales advisor Paulo.

OP
DaaS

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Welcome. My allocation for Emira is also with Lotus of Orlando. I had zero prior experience with them, but Paulo has been straight forward and very responsive.

I did not order Emira from Lotus of Jacksonville/World Imports because they were asking double ‘non-refundable’ deposit. This was back in July 2021 and things may have changed. It’s a small dealership that mostly sells used enthusiast cars. I have taken my Evora for warranty and service there and had no problems at all. Service folks have been great.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I won’t discount Orlando and will reach out as I have yet to talk to either (still deciding how / if I want to do this).

I’ll assume that unless someone falls off the list I’ve likely missed the window of opportunity for an FE allocation. Are either asking for ADM?

Corkdsp

Reaction score
Correct all FE V6 orders are accounted for and I have in writing with my deposit at MSRP.

Regarding allocations in Florida I think Naples is largest dealer. Orlando has 26 FE V6/i4 Allocations

OP
DaaS

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for the replies, I won’t discount Orlando and will reach out as I have yet to talk to either (still deciding how / if I want to do this).

I’ll assume that unless someone falls off the list I’ve likely missed the window of opportunity for an FE allocation. Are either asking for ADM?
Back when I placed the deposit, Lotus of Orlando stated (written) that they would sell for MSRP. It's worth calling 2 or 3 dealerships closest to you to see if anyone has an allocation as people drop over time.

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hello gents... SE Florida here. My Emira is coming in the first shipment, which is hopefully in September, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are delays.

1647289015458.png

OP
DaaS

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@LotusB - you and I may end up with a very similar looking car, except that I may go with gloss black wheels. Rest looks identical 😁

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@LotusB - you and I may end up with a very similar looking car, except that I may go with gloss black wheels. Rest looks identical 😁

If the car weren't so reserved, I'd go with black rims for sure. Saw one of these puppies on the road a couple of weeks ago, which had me thinking. It looks very different and much better in person than in pics.

1647293764192.png

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Back when I placed the deposit, Lotus of Orlando stated (written) that they would sell for MSRP. It's worth calling 2 or 3 dealerships closest to you to see if anyone has an allocation as people drop over time.
I spoke with Jacksonville and they are asking for the entire $5k deposit up front and it’s non-refundable. They got 9 FE allocations but are confident they will have base allocations available later in the summer / early fall so I could get an early ‘23 build. All deals are MSRP, no ADM.

I’ll talk to Orlando today or tomorrow. They quote the $2500 refundable desposit on their site with the additional $2500 due when an allocation is assigned which then becomes non-refundable.

I’m hoping that a demo car, or at least a customer ordered production car will show before an allocation becomes available so I can at least inspect one for build quality and fit before a deposit becomes non-refundable.

Either way I’m going to keep my 718 Spyder, at least for the honeymoon period with the Emira and make a longer term decision then. It’s value isn’t going anywhere but up and it took me 40 years to get a GT car so I’m loathe to part with it.

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Orlando updated it to $2500 refundable deposit to get on the waiting list, and additional $5000 non refundable to submit order. I believe that's what all of the dealers are doing though

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Orlando updated it to $2500 refundable deposit to get on the waiting list, and additional $5000 non refundable to submit order. I believe that's what all of the dealers are doing though
I believe JAX was only asking for the $5K which would get you on the list and an order when they had an allocation.

What I am not prepared to do at this point is place a non-refundable deposit to get a position on a list. I absolutely understand them wanting to enter into a binding contract when an order is placed and I would never actually place an order unless I fully intended to take delivery.

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wow... dealers just getting bold with all the demand. The money should be refundable just to get on the list. You don't even know what the MSRP will be, it hasn't been announced.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I talked to Orlando, Naples and Charlotte today. All three are $2500 refundable, Naples and Charlotte convert the $2500 to non-refundable when your number comes up and they place the order with Lotus. I didn’t ask Orlando if there was a second deposit needed for order placement. All 3 sell at MSRP at the time the allocation comes up and you order.

Naples and Charlotte were confident, based on what they know from Lotus, their expected allocations and size of their lists that they could ensure a car by late summer, early fall 2023. Orlando was less confident but was “reasonably” sure everyone on their list currently will get the option of placing an order at some point.

For reference here are the allocation and deposit numbers shared.

Naples: ~70 FE allocations, ~170 deposits
Orlando: 26 FE allocations, 87 deposits
Charlotte: 13 FE allocations, 38 deposits

I placed a deposit with Naples before Charlotte called and the SA I talked to gave me a good vibe. I may consider moving my deposit or adding a second one to hedge my bet. However, based on ratios, Naples should work through their list faster.

OP
DaaS

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I spoke with Jacksonville and they are asking for the entire $5k deposit up front and it’s non-refundable.
This is exactly what turned me off when I had contacted Lotus of Jacksonville 8 months ago. Everyone including Lotus of North America was saying deposits were refundable up to a certain point, but these guys had their own rules.

No complaints about their service department though.