First real-world photo of silver wheels

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Porsche satin platinum

Yeah, this is a great color and should have been an option from Lotus (or at least something similar between silver and black). I need to have some contrast between the wheel, tire, and inner fender... otherwise black wheels just get hidden.

IMG_1776.JPG

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah, this is a great color and should have been an option from Lotus (or at least something similar between silver and black). I need to have some contrast between the wheel, tire, and inner fender... otherwise black wheels just get hidden.

View attachment 7841
Considering this is the top priced car - think overall choices have been very limited when you compare to other brands such as BMW. Only 5 exterior colours and one wheel design - very limited . So again with wheels choosing something I can live with rather than WoW ( as I couldn’t of lived with that blumin petal design )

WAX3D

Reaction score
Always feel that black wheels get lost and the dc wheels remind me of cheap Chinese wheels you’d find on eBay, only my opinion of course and to each their own. Silver just look clean, crisp and bright.
Correct , black wheels do get lost, and also they look smaller than silver .I detail cars and gloss back are awfull, within no time they scratch , even using the softest of wheel brushes , even ceramic coating doesn't help. Satin or Matt wheels not as bad .
I have white wheels on my MK1 Elise
Silver wheels

Attachments

• PXL_20220314_183359364.jpg
    PXL_20220314_183359364.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 32

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Correct , black wheels do get lost, and also they look smaller than silver .I detail cars and gloss back are awfull, within no time they scratch , even using the softest of wheel brushes , even ceramic coating doesn't help. Satin or Matt wheels not as bad .
I have white wheels on my MK1 Elise
Silver wheels
I have seen all the wheels on factory tour plus driving experience, including the DV car with the silver wheels - definitely not photoshopped. The black looks good on Nimbus & Magma. DC don’t look good to my eyes but being ordered as people think they are more expensive / a 1st edition special (but will hide brake dust). Silver wheels on same car / body colour definitely look bigger than DC.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I personally am not a fan of the silver wheels, they dont stand out..... a dull almost painted type finish, but I know some of you are eagerly waiting... so here is the best I could do. Remember, you can always wrap them in black :) haha

Attachments

• IMG_5569.JPG
    IMG_5569.JPG
    347 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_5570.JPG
    IMG_5570.JPG
    290.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_5572.JPG
    IMG_5572.JPG
    289.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5573 2.MOV
    13.7 MB

Auto Smiler

Reaction score
I personally am not a fan of the silver wheels, they dont stand out..... a dull almost painted type finish, but I know some of you are eagerly waiting... so here is the best I could do. Remember, you can always wrap them in black :) haha
Thank you. The video is especially useful! As you say, it’s relatively easy to change the colour if you don’t like.

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have to say I was expecting a little more shine than that. They are very ‘subtle’. Hmm.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Those look like they need a good wash to get the brake dust off. But they are definitely satin silver and not gloss.

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yeah these look a bit dull compared to the rest of the car. Not a fan of any of the wheels to be honest.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Something seems off with these silver wheels. The edges and corners aren't right, too rounded. Almost like they're a respray or recoat over another color? I don't know, it just doesn't look quite right.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Or maybe not production wheels, as they stuck on whatever they could find to get them over to LDA for the first sessions 💡