First real-world photo of silver wheels

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Also is it just me, or are the front rotors drilled and slotted but the rear rotors are only drilled? What in the world?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Also is it just me, or are the front rotors drilled and slotted but the rear rotors are only drilled? What in the world?

I've seen a mix of this too. Last I heard is we're getting drilled and slotted all around for the production cars.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yep that exact wheel on the green with red calipers to tie in with the red interior. Seems like a lot of folks will be going with the tan so I'm gunna try to be a bit different.. I like the silver with the dark green...:)

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Here are some zoomed in images of the wheels from some Emira pics I took recently
4C6C2D61-A243-4440-B03B-46418836E9EE.jpeg
C9E429B4-ECF4-4702-8FDF-7D8F050AC657.jpeg
1D4FB005-858E-4D5E-9DC4-09FDCB2F8E23.jpeg

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think that is what I saw on an Emira I recently looked over (not certain). I noticed slots on the front only.

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Funny how they sell you these concept cutting edge wheels and then sell you the car with 15 year old looking wheels of the shelf lol

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Funny how they sell you these concept cutting edge wheels and then sell you the car with 15 year old wheels of the shelf lol

Huh? These are brand new 20" forged wheels made by Rimstock specifically for the Emira...

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think people understand why there is a difference. The Silver and black wheels will have more rounded edges due to the paint. Diamond cut wheels have sharper edges because the are literally shaving off the face of the wheel of which creates that edge. That is why so many people think it's a different wheel design. This vid shows the process... it scans the wheel, then cuts. It's a long vid, fast forward to the end for final.

Here's another good video that explains the difference:

I actually just called my dealer to change to the diamond cuts. I think they have a more premium look and I honestly planned to paint the silvers a darker finish anyway. After some research it seems I can paint the diamond cut wheels without any issues as well, if I decide to go that route down the line.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think that is what I saw on an Emira I recently looked over (not certain). I noticed slots on the front only.
Confirmed slotted/drilled in front. Drilled only on rear, but this may not be a final production car.

6573AEBA-E52A-4910-9B18-62D10CE22A6B.jpeg

E124590D-F613-40F6-9CD5-A877BCE34D4D.jpeg

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Stewart at the Lotus Academy did mention the wheels on the Senaca Blue were diamond cut rather than black that the other cars were wearing on the 23rd July.

I don't like diamond cut from a maintenance perspective as they can look bad really quickly if the lacquer fails, there is also a limit on the number of skims permitted.

Silver is the simplest option, we just need some low dust pads the same as our MX5 has fitted.View attachment 7840

Diamond cut photo.
I'm going to to choose these wheels and go with ceramic coating for easy maintenance!

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I'm going to to choose these wheels and go with ceramic coating for easy maintenance!
But those wheels are so easy to clean, simple pattern! My F80 ZCP wheels are a pain!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm hoping by the time I actually get my Base, they'll have options for a gunmetal finish on the silver wheels.
Doubt it. It'll be just the silver or black base cast wheel option.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I sense a great disturbance in the Force, and it's coming from Lotus.

I forsee a nice set of BBS wheels for me to replace the boring stock wheels selection.
Bride has some nice stuff as well, they make custom runs for a few of the aftermarket Lotus specialty vendors.

Another great option in the US is CCW, they make fully forged custom wheels to order and I've had great experiences with them in the (now distant) past. But I know they make a high quality bespoke forged wheel. Their original "Classic" model is very similar to the original BBS LM but even "sharper" looking due to the squared-off spoke shapes. Two and three piece wheels aren't for everyone though. They also have some very good one-piece monoblock wheels (both race duty and standard types) that would be interesting options on the Emira as an alternative to the Bride etc.

Last edited: