• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First Look at Naples Motorsports

EmiraFan

Reaction score
Got my first look at the Emira Reveal event in Naples. The car looks fantastic in person .. just wow! This place had Ferraris, McLarens, Lambos and all .. Emira stands out in that crowd, which is saying something! I was particularly impressed by the fit and finish. The interior was a bit of concern for me until I sat in the car this morning. Can’t wait to get my Hethel Yellow I4 DCT car .. looks like 2023 right now. Wish Lotus would hurry up on their production schedule for the I4.

Attachments

• C987E37A-A4F5-42E2-806C-F85122D4C773.jpeg
    C987E37A-A4F5-42E2-806C-F85122D4C773.jpeg
    442.4 KB · Views: 166
  • D8890C46-190D-41B8-89A0-A40AD3E334AA.jpeg
    D8890C46-190D-41B8-89A0-A40AD3E334AA.jpeg
    382 KB · Views: 126
  • 381EEB9E-B51E-489E-9B92-552BE16C4F20.jpeg
    381EEB9E-B51E-489E-9B92-552BE16C4F20.jpeg
    323.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 8D4D3E1A-19F3-4524-BC08-7DC16E2D8AA1.jpeg
    8D4D3E1A-19F3-4524-BC08-7DC16E2D8AA1.jpeg
    378.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 21B23EC7-A24A-419C-BEEA-AC368E5E9F2F.jpeg
    21B23EC7-A24A-419C-BEEA-AC368E5E9F2F.jpeg
    387.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was there as well. Naples Lotus Event was very nice and well put on, food, music staff all excellent. A bunch of very expensive 500k- 1M+ cars and the baby lotus didn’t feel out of place though it clearly wasn’t a hypercar.

Some personal thoughts:
Seats were more comfortable than I expected and leather seemed nice. Interior was nicer to my eye than the pictures show but is a bit bland. Disappointed they didn’t have the grey leather to see.

The car as everyone says looks wider than it looks online.

I was less excited about the engine noise. Upper register was good but lower rpm and idle “throat” was lacking.

The engine view is meh. Some of the visible clamps and parts could/should look more upscale and would be minimal cost upgrades with big visual impact on a mid engine car. A red coated supercharger cover ala the Evora GT would be a nice option the plain black just looks a bit boring.

My goodness that trunk is tiny 😳

gpsdesigns

Reaction score
Was there as well, and share your thoughts on the engine noise. Tough crowd for the car to be surrounded by. Mcclarens parked right in front of it. the car looked great, and fit well. I'm 6'3" with a 35 inseam. If the production seats are 1" lower i think it will be perfect, but not sure if I'll fit with a helmet. Nice event, staff was very friendly and as helpful as they could be. Was also able to try on the evora, didn't think i was interested until this event. Now seriously considering a GT to hold me over until 2023.

4THEDRV

Reaction score
Got my first look at the Nimbus Grey at the Emira Reveal event in Naples. The car looks fantastic in person .. just wow! This place had Ferraris, McLarens, Lambos and all .. Emira stands out in that crowd, which is saying something! I was particularly impressed by the fit and finish. The interior was a bit of concern for me until I sat in the car this morning. Can’t wait to get my Hethel Yellow I4 DCT car .. looks like 2023 right now. Wish Lotus would hurry up on their production schedule for the I4.
That is Shadow Grey, not Nimbus Grey

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Since these events last a few hours, do they start up the car just once during the event, or do they do it every hour or so?

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I doubt it’s just once since they did it middle of the scheduled time but I only heard it once in the ~1.5 hours I was there.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Was there as well, and share your thoughts on the engine noise. Tough crowd for the car to be surrounded by. Mcclarens parked right in front of it. the car looked great, and fit well. I'm 6'3" with a 35 inseam. If the production seats are 1" lower i think it will be perfect, but not sure if I'll fit with a helmet. Nice event, staff was very friendly and as helpful as they could be. Was also able to try on the evora, didn't think i was interested until this event. Now seriously considering a GT to hold me over until 2023.
They told me 2” lower in production car when I asked about seats and that everything else (r/t seats) would be exactly the same.

gpsdesigns

Reaction score
2" would be even better. They said they fired it up at the beginning as well. You and i must have been there at the same time. Fun chatting with the other folks that have deposits.

OP
EmiraFan

EmiraFan

Reaction score
I was there as well. Naples Lotus Event was very nice and well put on, food, music staff all excellent. A bunch of very expensive 500k- 1M+ cars and the baby lotus didn’t feel out of place though it clearly wasn’t a hypercar.

Some personal thoughts:
Seats were more comfortable than I expected and leather seemed nice. Interior was nicer to my eye than the pictures show but is a bit bland. Disappointed they didn’t have the grey leather to see.

The car as everyone says looks wider than it looks online.

I was less excited about the engine noise. Upper register was good but lower rpm and idle “throat” was lacking.

The engine view is meh. Some of the visible clamps and parts could/should look more upscale and would be minimal cost upgrades with big visual impact on a mid engine car. A red coated supercharger cover ala the Evora GT would be a nice option the plain black just looks a bit boring.

Interesting observations. This car with all the Grey and Black wasn’t the best look for it. I’m going for the Hethel Yellow with the Tan interior and red brake calipers which should give it some interesting contrast. I agree with you about the engine cover .. a red or yellow cover would make it pop.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
A red coated supercharger cover ala the Evora GT would be a nice option the plain black just looks a bit boring.

Somebody said that Lotus will offer a red cover on a later variant of the car. I may look at getting mine powder coated red.