First Emira has hit BaT

hbar

Reaction score
I think the Evora GT you mentioned on BaT was priced right given the weird color combo. I wouldn't go so far as to say its ugly...but its right next door to ugly. It was definitely spec'ed to someones very unique tastes.
The link above should show all recent Evora GT sales on BaT for the last couple years. Low to mid 80s seems to be the going rate, post fees. Maybe high 80s if you ignore the automatics (I definitely wouldn't get an automatic, personally!)

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The link above should show all recent Evora GT sales on BaT for the last couple years. Low to mid 80s seems to be the going rate, post fees. Maybe high 80s if you ignore the automatics (I definitely wouldn't get an automatic, personally!)
Having bought, owned and sold a GT recently, pristine models (6 spd) with low miles, carbon pack and desirable colors are changing hands privately in the high 80's, low-mid 90's.

Evoras that end up on BaT aren't necessarily the best of the bread...Plus buyers are eating nearly 5K in auction fees.

Vampyre

Reaction score
Evora GT average on BaT is $83400. on the 11 cars that sold

but I'm not sure BaT's 11 Evora GT sales dictates the market.

BaT sales in general are people that just want quick cash. Last place I would buy a high end car from.

OP
LuckysDad

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've bought a few cars off BaT.
I learned my lesson the hard way.
In general I'd say it's a dumping ground for shit.
I've had better luck with later model cars. But for the most part undisclosed issues and inflated prices are the norm over there.

hbar

Reaction score
Hmm. I see BaT price as sale price * 1.05, in order to include fees. Certainly that's how I would calculate it as a buyer. As far as I can tell, this is pretty consistent with what is being described above in the private market. High 80s for nice recent manual Evora GT. Sample size is small, and not inconsistent with higher results for the most desirable cars.

So all the data above makes sense to me and paints what looks to me like a consistent picture. It points to a total price pre tax/reg to the buyer of high 80s for a "typical nice manual evora GT". Of course nicer/less nice cars will go for different amounts!

Sjetware

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's up to 105k, with 3 hours to go. Time will tell if my prediction is right - I'm expecting bidding to go slightly higher to account for someone "wanting it now" versus the true market price.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I predict around 120k.

Never underestimate the power of the mob.

Seen so many cars on BaT go for way over market...and people buying sight unseen usually. Scary.
Barret Jackson the same way. Can't believe what people pay when they're emotionally caught up and competing to get it.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I predict around 120k.

Never underestimate the power of the mob.

Seen so many cars on BaT go for way over market...and people buying sight unseen usually. Scary.
Barret Jackson the same way. Can't believe what people pay when they're emotionally caught up and competing to get it.
Yeah, the last 10 minutes of a BaT auction can get crazy sometimes.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1714068292953.png

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ok, now whoever got the closest needs to contact the guy that promised the Tillett buckets and Jubu upgrade.