First Emira has hit BaT

Zardoz

Reaction score
In short, it's a fools payment.
Makes me wonder why buy anything on BaT with buyer fees. So many other places to buy the same cars without fees.

How so? Anyone with a brain will factor the BaT fee & transport needs in their bid. Much less risk buying a new car with warranty than buying someone's old car. If I was bidding on used car , would factor in some repair costs as any used car has needs.

Vampyre

Reaction score
How so? Anyone with a brain will factor the BaT fee & transport needs in their bid. Much less risk buying a new car with warranty than buying someone's old car. If I was bidding on used car , would factor in some repair costs as any used car has needs.
because, any car on BaT can be found off of BaT without fees.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
because, any car on BaT can be found off of BaT without fees.
Both dealers and private parties would be foolish to sell a new FE V6 Emira today to any buyer freshly entering the market for less than the current new order MSRP. Which is $105,400.

WindJunkie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Both dealers and private parties would be foolish to sell a new FE V6 Emira today to any buyer freshly entering the market for less than the current new order MSRP. Which is $105,400.
This may be true, but anyone also paying current MSRP for an already-titled/not brand new from the dealer Emira is also someone who has money to lose.

Based on how terrible the Evora has depreciated, it is hard for a patient, responsible buyer to pay a premium (one might even call it mark up on a used one) for these at auction when they are not being sold by a dealer and have already been owned (albeit, even if they have only been owned for 100 miles or less).

In short, my point is that if you are paying current MSRP for a used one, you have money to lose or are not patient...or both

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This may be true, but anyone also paying current MSRP for an already-titled/not brand new from the dealer Emira is also someone who has money to lose.

Based on how terrible the Evora has depreciated, it is hard for a patient, responsible buyer to pay a premium (one might even call it mark up on a used one) for these at auction when they are not being sold by a dealer and have already been owned (albeit, even if they have only been owned for 100 miles or less).

In short, my point is that if you are paying current MSRP for a used one, you have money to lose or are not patient...or both
I don't know what you're talking about. Evora GTs are still going in the $90k+ range everywhere that I have seen, even with substantial mileage on them. That's hardly "terrible depreciation".

The particular car that you posted likely lost some value due to being festooned with graphics in an odd combination of colors, rather than being a clean example.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I dont understand why they listed 97k as being the MSRP in 2024. its absolutely not true at all and will definitely hurt their ending bid

WindJunkie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The particular car that you posted likely lost some value due to being festooned with graphics in an odd combination of colors, rather than being a clean example.
Understood. Since this was a very recent auction, and was a single owner, essentially brand new car, I thought this was a reflection of the market for the Evora. I am admittedly very new to the Lotus brand.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If it's a 1.0 FE and that's what's on the window sticker, then the listing is correct.

I can understand where you are coming from but "MSRP in 2024" sounds like someone can go buy it right now for 97k when we all know you cant. for people not in the know, they might think they are getting screwed once the bid goes over it

FE1.0 and 2.0 are identical cars too

Vampyre

Reaction score
I can understand where you are coming from but "MSRP in 2024" sounds like someone can go buy it right now for 97k when we all know you cant. for people not in the know, they might think they are getting screwed once the bid goes over it

FE1.0 and 2.0 are identical cars too
once the buyer fees are added they kind of are
so easy to look elsewhere with no buyer fees.

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Available at Los Gatos Lotus at MSRP. I thought the MSRP on FE cars should be around $98K. This one at almost $108K is either marked up or is an FE 2.0.

IMG_9608.png

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Y’all sure it’s an FE 2.0? Boardwalk Lotus is just getting their 1.0 in and Los Gatos doesn’t even have a demo car. It would be very strange if this was a 2.0 that LG got in. Also, are 2.0 cars even shipping to US?

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Y’all sure it’s an FE 2.0? Boardwalk Lotus is just getting their 1.0 in and Los Gatos doesn’t even have a demo car. It would be very strange if this was a 2.0 that LG got in. Also, are 2.0 cars even shipping to US?
Yes. 100% positive. The only thing that makes it a FE1.0 vs FE2.0 is that first line MSRP line on the window sticker. If it’s like $95k, then FE1.0, if it’s $105k it’s FE2.0.

My FE2.0 was built in November 2023, was in Saint Louis by January 2024. In my garage here in April 2024.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Two things about that listing. You picked an Evora that is... not the prettiest. I don't know what's going on with that graphics package and color scheme. Also Cars & Bids is not the market maker that BaT is. There doesn't seem to be a market for Evoras on Cars & Bids, they've always done poorly there and very well on BaT.

Evora GT values have been stellar actually. They only occasionally drop below the 90s and some are still listed over $100k. Source: I've received daily Evora pricing alerts for over 2 years now. In that time the values have barely budged.

hbar

Reaction score
Looks like low-mid 80s for BaT Lotus Evora GT after fees are factored in. Not a deep liquid, market, so it's a bit hard to say what the value really is. https://bringatrailer.com/search/?s=lotus+evora+GT

Bid is to 101K on the Emira, so over 106K after fees with a day left. Overall, my experience is markets are not very predictably stupid and the bidding is taking upcoming delivery volume somewhat into account. Of course, after we see how the market evolves in the next couple of months, the past will be very obvious and easy to explain ;)

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Looks like low-mid 80s for BaT Lotus Evora GT after fees are factored in. Not a deep liquid, market, so it's a bit hard to say what the value really is. https://bringatrailer.com/search/?s=lotus+evora+GT

Bid is to 101K on the Emira, so over 106K after fees with a day left. Overall, my experience is markets are not very predictably stupid and the bidding is taking upcoming delivery volume somewhat into account. Of course, after we see how the market evolves in the next couple of months, the past will be very obvious and easy to explain ;)
I think the Evora GT you mentioned on BaT was priced right given the weird color combo. I wouldn't go so far as to say its ugly...but its right next door to ugly. It was definitely spec'ed to someones very unique tastes.