First Eletre rolls off Chinese production line.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Bring this up from the dead, but according to Matt Windle’s IG post the Eletre made its first deliveries today in Shanghai at an event.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Matt's IG post, from the Eletre Owners Forum:

336171493_744395423907312_7805460233697842966_n.jpg

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Evija buyers like "WTF dude. Car was announced 2019!"

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
the recently opened Lotus Showroom in the city where I live (Changzhou) has several Electre on site. Emira V6 MT just arrived. View attachment 24393

Oohhh.... I love that green Eletre and the Seneca Blue Emira is same spec as what I ordered. Coincidence or a sign!? Should I maybe call the dealer back and undo my Eletre cancellation? I literally told him I'm cancelling because the Emira is so delayed I have no faith the Eletre will be delivered in the next 3-years! D'oh...

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not a fan of the Eletre and didnt think they'd get them made as soon as did. Hope that is a success for Lotus just so it firms up the company for what it means for Emira support. Maybe they'll actually add more dealers to the USA if a successful car.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oohhh.... I love that green Eletre and the Seneca Blue Emira is same spec as what I ordered. Coincidence or a sign!? Should I maybe call the dealer back and undo my Eletre cancellation? I literally told him I'm cancelling because the Emira is so delayed I have no faith the Eletre will be delivered in the next 3-years! D'oh...
Up to you regards the Eletre :) agreed, the Eletre green is a proper green, but if I remember right that car also had a green interior,.. which wasn’t my cup of tea.

I get the feeling the Eletre are on schedule and no major issues pumping them out. As I said there were several, if I remember right 3 Electre in the showroom, some outside and some out the back. Not sure, at least 6 on site, maybe more, wasn’t counting.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Given that Lotus's business plan involves selling 50k Eletre's a year, let's hope there are some folks out there that love the thing, because that's what keeps the company alive, not the trickle of Emiras produced in the UK.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not a fan of the Eletre and didnt think they'd get them made as soon as did. Hope that is a success for Lotus just so it firms up the company for what it means for Emira support. Maybe they'll actually add more dealers to the USA if a successful car.
Hard to say how Eletre sales will fare. Car sales are weak in China these days, with a so called price war. Not a great time to be introducing a fairly high cost car, from a new brand (obviously Lotus not new, but until recently they were a largely unknown brand with tiny sales in China).

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I would have been tempted by that green on my Emira, went nimbus and love it.

Just watched the car wow on the eletra and tbh half tempted to drop a deposit on one
That's how I feel about many EVs and then I remember how often I use the supercharger for our long trips and how fast/convenient it is.

Some places I charge along the highway have non-Tesla Level 3 chargers, but they're such a pain to use and if I have to charge anywhere but major highways, fuhgetaboutit.

Shame, but that's the reality.