❔ QUESTION First Edition vs First Edition 2.0

EMhus2015

Reaction score
Hello... I have two questions:

1. Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between an Emira First Edition and the First Edition 2.0?
2. Are they still building allocations for the First Edition 2.0? Like, if my spot came up, I could spec one for build?

Sorry, I tried searching but wasn't finding what I was looking for.

schuey100

Reaction score
Hello... I have two questions:

1. Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between an Emira First Edition and the First Edition 2.0?
2. Are they still building allocations for the First Edition 2.0? Like, if my spot came up, I could spec one for build?

Sorry, I tried searching but wasn't finding what I was looking for.
Been on Lotus UK and it seems to list only available pre configured cars, the 2.0 is the AMG which is what I have, can’t seem to find a link to order a new build, would normally list the V6 aswel as they are both First Editions and no ‘base’ models released yet, may not answer your question but that’s on UK site! 🤷‍♂️

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Basically the only difference are the additional colors of the 2.0 (in North America).

From what I understood there will be no more new FE allocations, but hey, Lotus changed those production numbers before, so… having a FE doesn’t seem as special anymore.

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
FE2s had more colors available and cost $12k more. No difference other than those two things.

I believe (and I could be wrong) that both FEs are done.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
V6 FE 2.0 is a non-official designator which refers to the second allocation batch of V6 FE's for the North American market only. It's nothing to do with the AMG 2.0 litre engine variant!

The second allocation batch of V6 FE's for N America had access to the 7 additional colours launched around that time but, apart from that (and a price increase) are identical.

Some get the passenger footwell net which was in the V6 FE specification in the UK from the start, but wasn't fitted to many cars....

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So I bought my 1.0 FE yesterday and was surprised and not surprised to see that it has the little cargo net storage in the passenger footwell. We thought that would not be on 1.0 cars, but obviously it's on some, so methinks that Lotus just cut it in at some point on the production line.

Also, At Lotus NJ there were a mix of 1.0 and 2.0 cars (confirmed by price on the window sticker) and all of the cars I saw had black on yellow hood emblems (which is what I wanted). I didn't see a full-black Lotus badge anywhere.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
V6 FE 2.0 is a non-official designator which refers to the second allocation batch of V6 FE's for the North American market only. It's nothing to do with the AMG 2.0 litre engine variant!

The second allocation batch of V6 FE's for N America had access to the 7 additional colours launched around that time but, apart from that (and a price increase) are identical.

Some get the passenger footwell net which was in the V6 FE specification in the UK from the start, but wasn't fitted to many cars....
My FE1.0 has the passenger footwell net. It's pretty tiny, I'm not sure what it would ever be used for.

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's pretty tiny, I'm not sure what it would ever be used for.
The Office.jpeg