• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First Edition special goodies?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Well if Porsche is Lotus’s target market I’d say that they are doing well in treating their customers with the disdain that Porsche do.
They only treat you with disdain if you are a pleb and can't have a car 😆. If you are in the club you get treated pretty well. This Lotus experience feels worse, like you can have a car but we don't actually value your business #pleb #sadpleb

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve always been treated well by bmw. Delivery experience in Germany was amazing and drivers experience in the states was also excellent. They make you feel important. This whole lotus treat your early adopters like shot is growing very tiring as they clearly just don’t give a shit at all

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve always been treated well by bmw. Delivery experience in Germany was amazing and drivers experience in the states was also excellent. They make you feel important. This whole lotus treat your early adopters like shot is growing very tiring as they clearly just don’t give a shit at all
Yeah, considering dropping out and never coming back to be honest. No reason to be treated like this. I’m not a masochist

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The only extras you get for free with a FE is stress, lack of communication from Lotus and a general overall feeling that you don't really matter
I'm not even a human being to my dealer, I'm just "uh let me see if I can find the list, got it here somewhere I think, I dunno you're in the #50's for the Base Model yeah talk to you in a few years" guy.

In all seriousness, I'm a pretty patient guy so it's whatever. I waited 40 something years to meet the woman I want to marry, so I guess waiting 2 years for a car seems to align well with my timeline.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Has anyone gone straight to the top and messaged Matt about the whole photogate?
He replies from time to time on the Emira Facebook group. Just saying....
It was one of the things I raised when I met him at the factory in January. He said they'd decided not to publish the pictures taken in October and were going to take a different approach. No explanation of why, just that it had been reviewed and decided that way.

The new configurator was released the following day, which then fitted the context of what he had said as being "the different approach". So my interpretation is they thought the photo-realistic configurator was a better solution than photos of actual cars. I can see how they might think that but don't agree with it as a reason for not publishing real photos.

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ok I may be adding insult to injury here but it’s not my intention. I actually feel I’m being treated quite ok by the Chinese lotus people. Since the order we (at least the early adopters) have received multiple gifts including pins, some gasoline themed perfumes, a aluminum zippo with emira etched on the side, and a set of acrylic Jenga. They say there will also be tailored track experience and driving&modding tuition down the road. What good had been done should deserve acknowledgment but I sure hope I’m not stirring up more problems and negative feelings here, both for you guys and for people at lotus. Maybe it’s limited budget, far from supply chain or simply not enough staff in UK as most employees are surely busy working their socks off on production line and fine tuning everything plus working on type132s that I heard have already arrived in UK.
On on other hand you guys have the choice of choosing the v6 and manual, plus at least a cool 4 month’s lead on delivery timing which we envy so badly. :mad:

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Chinese businesses are all about the VIP experience. Even I felt like I was a big shot when I visit.

In the US, buying a 100k plus car gets you a coffee refill for the road from the automatic machine.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ok I may be adding insult to injury here but it’s not my intention. I actually feel I’m being treated quite ok by the Chinese lotus people. Since the order we (at least the early adopters) have received multiple gifts including pins, some gasoline themed perfumes, a aluminum zippo with emira etched on the side, and a set of acrylic Jenga. They say there will also be tailored track experience and driving&modding tuition down the road. What good had been done should deserve acknowledgment but I sure hope I’m not stirring up more problems and negative feelings here, both for you guys and for people at lotus. Maybe it’s limited budget, far from supply chain or simply not enough staff in UK as most employees are surely busy working their socks off on production line and fine tuning everything plus working on type132s that I heard have already arrived in UK.
On on other hand you guys have the choice of choosing the v6 and manual, plus at least a cool 4 month’s lead on delivery timing which we envy so badly. :mad:
Pretty impressive gift list.
And nothing says thanks for being a customer like Gasoline-themed Perfume (to drive your partner wild).
Sure beats a Xmas tree air freshener.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It was one of the things I raised when I met him at the factory in January. He said they'd decided not to publish the pictures taken in October and were going to take a different approach. No explanation of why, just that it had been reviewed and decided that way.

The new configurator was released the following day, which then fitted the context of what he had said as being "the different approach". So my interpretation is they thought the photo-realistic configurator was a better solution than photos of actual cars. I can see how they might think that but don't agree with it as a reason for not publishing real photos.
Yes am with you..... dont care how good the guy putting the basis data in to the configurator is..... its not a real image!.

Golfer1971

Reaction score
Now, something like this would be wonderful. I had these commissioned for some of my cars, but I have been informed that Lotus has actually engaged the company to do one for the Emira.

This is what I got for my Exige S RGB, so the plaque for the Emira will look the same - I will definitely get one when they become available. The areas boxed in red are customised to my requirements. I have had similar plaques commissioned for the GR Yaris and Clio V6 255.

View attachment 3293

How about lobbying Lotus to include one of these and a Certificate of Provenance? :D
This looks awesome!
If I‘ll be able to get a pattern in digital I can do it using our laser engraving.
Maybe on a nice carbon plate or aluminium?!

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Now, something like this would be wonderful. I had these commissioned for some of my cars, but I have been informed that Lotus has actually engaged the company to do one for the Emira.

This is what I got for my Exige S RGB, so the plaque for the Emira will look the same - I will definitely get one when they become available. The areas boxed in red are customised to my requirements. I have had similar plaques commissioned for the GR Yaris and Clio V6 255.

View attachment 3293

How about lobbying Lotus to include one of these and a Certificate of Provenance? :D
Is that from Black art graphics? I know the guy who owns it.

Off The Shelf

Reaction score
I've never really been one to bang the drum for NFTs but surely this is a prime opportunity for Lotus to create a series of exclusive NFTs for the FE launch, which can act as a form of provenance as well as being a unique keepsake to go with the car.

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They can keep their tchotchkes...I'd just be happy to get some semblance of info from my dealer that my July deposit will equate to a submitted build date of X and a projected delivery date of Y.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Is that from Black art graphics? I know the guy who owns it.
Yes, it is.

I first bought the plaque (posted above) after I acquired RGB #138 and then had Dan commission one each for the GR Yaris and Clio V6 255. When I got back in touch to ask about commissioning one for the Emira, it turns out that Lotus had already contracted Black Art Graphics to produce one, and that they plan on selling those via dealers. Will see how that goes, especially how one can customise the plaque to align with the car they are getting delivered (or own), which is important.

Last edited:

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
You can order it if the Black Art Graphics start selling.
I do own one of an Elise, and am really happy with it.
BTW it is made by alminum, which is very suitable to Lotus cars :)
I was told that, due to a change in contract, Black Art Graphics are not allowed sell the Emira! :(

Ian C

Reaction score
Has anyone gone straight to the top and messaged Matt about the whole photogate?
He replies from time to time on the Emira Facebook group. Just saying....
Which is the official emira facebook group ?