• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First Edition special goodies?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Any expectations of something special from Lotus for First Edition buyers? Did FE Evoras get anything (other than better color choices 😂)? It'd be nice to we were "gifted" a Certificate of Provenance, model Emira, or even a plaque of some sort. Based on the configurator it doesn't even look like the manual transmission FEs get an interior FE badge.

Here's an example of what new Launch Edition MK8 GTI owners have been getting..

kmdmsm370hj81.jpg

8exkfn370hj81.jpg

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Any expectations of something special from Lotus for First Edition buyers? Did FE Evoras get anything (other than better color choices 😂)? It'd be nice to we were "gifted" a Certificate of Provenance, model Emira, or even a plaque of some sort. Based on the configurator it doesn't even look like the manual transmission FEs get an interior FE badge.

Here's an example of what new Launch Edition MK8 GTI owners have been getting..

View attachment 3289

View attachment 3290
I have said my point on this to Scott more than once..... and customer service

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I have said my point on this to Scott more than once..... and customer service

Yup.. I chatted my concerns (again) to customer service. It's not difficult to upload photos to their site and publish them to their socials. And seriously.. Where are the base spec and option pricing? And how the hell are they going to have white Emiras running around but that's not an option to FE buyers? 😡

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yup.. I chatted my concerns (again) to customer service. It's not difficult to upload photos to their site and publish them to their socials. And seriously.. Where are the base spec and option pricing? And how the hell are they going to have white Emiras running around but that's not an option to FE buyers? 😡
Did the same today… “can’t take pictures because cars aren’t in production”

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Has anyone gone straight to the top and messaged Matt about the whole photogate?
He replies from time to time on the Emira Facebook group. Just saying....

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone gone straight to the top and messaged Matt about the whole photogate?

We're connected on IG, but I'm not really interested in bothering the man on his personal account. I'm sure the managing director of Lotus is busy with other stuff and someone else should be on top of this sort of thing.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
We're connected on IG, but I'm not really interested in bothering the man on his personal account. I'm sure the managing director of Lotus is busy with other stuff and someone else should be on top of this sort of thing.
I was saying it tongue in cheek with an element of mighty big wooden spoon 😋
I'm sure if he's on the Facebook group he reads this Forum also from time to time anyway

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Oh dont worry... they know what we are all unhappy about..... Am sure @TomE lets them know.... and as he has said email LCC often letting them know. But every thing goes back to what Tom has said.... they know mistakes have been made.... and they not willing etc...... they know we not going to walk away.... said this before THey going to keep treating us like Mushrooms..... fed on sh*t and kept in the dark :) I have spoken to my friends about this.... they both say i told you so.... the culture at lotus has been this way for some time.... its not going to change...... Other than the press picking up on this.... nothing we say or do will cause change

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Oh dont worry... they know what we are all unhappy about..... Am sure @TomE lets them know.... and as he has said email LCC often letting them know. But every thing goes back to what Tom has said.... they know mistakes have been made.... and they not willing etc...... they know we not going to walk away.... said this before THey going to keep treating us like Mushrooms..... fed on sh*t and kept in the dark :) I have spoken to my friends about this.... they both say i told you so.... the culture at lotus has been this way for some time.... its not going to change...... Other than the press picking up on this.... nothing we say or do will cause change
But why oh why oh why wouldn't you just release the bloody pictures!!!!! I don't care about anything else 🤣

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Now, something like this would be wonderful. I had these commissioned for some of my cars, but I have been informed that Lotus has actually engaged the company to do one for the Emira.

This is what I got for my Exige S RGB, so the plaque for the Emira will look the same - I will definitely get one when they become available. The areas boxed in red are customised to my requirements. I have had similar plaques commissioned for the GR Yaris and Clio V6 255.

_Customisations.jpg

How about lobbying Lotus to include one of these and a Certificate of Provenance? :D

Last edited:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
How about lobbying Lotus to include one of these and a Certificate of Provenance?
I think we all know by now we get what we are given and nothing we say will change that 😂
Let's hope the car lives up to the lofty experience or there will be burning 🔥 brands and pitchforks 🙈

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think we all know by now we get what we are given and nothing we say will change that 😂
Let's hope the car lives up to the lofty experience or there will be burning 🔥 brands and pitchforks 🙈
Oh, yes, I raised that in jest, but forgot to add the smiley face (now added above)...humoring myself whilst waiting.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Now, something like this would be wonderful. I had these commissioned for some of my cars, but I have been informed that Lotus has actually engaged the company to do one for the Emira.

This is what I got for my Exige S RGB, so the plaque for the Emira will look the same - I will definitely get one when they become available. The areas boxed in red are customised to my requirements. I have had similar plaques commissioned for the GR Yaris and Clio V6 255.

View attachment 3293

How about lobbying Lotus to include one of these and a Certificate of Provenance? :D
Yes thats the link I put up before.... the new style one.... I think it should be like the standard one,,, but First Edition or something embossed..... I have spoken to few dealers, Porsche send you a letter of thanks once you place a deposit..... many do..... and many have lower deposit than Lotus..... so we get 2 emails for £5K.... Can tell you if i was working in customer service..... I would be saying we should be doing better than this..... but i have worked in sales and marketing....... so i know better should be done...... Tells me all I need to know about the people they have employed in LCC..... when speaking to the so called head of CC.... before Christmas.... I said perhaps sending a card out to all deposit holders perhaps would be a nice thing...... it was a reverlation to her...... Sales/marketing and PR 101...... The laser cutting company I spend less than K with each year send me a little gift.... something they have made in house

Last edited:

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Well if Porsche is Lotus’s target market I’d say that they are doing well in treating their customers with the disdain that Porsche do.