• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First Edition colours - first-hand impressions...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
And all the FE colours are in the "better than average" section - Nimbus at the bottom ;)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The linked article suggests some of it is related to popularity vs rarity, so yellow is rare and worth more whereas silver is popular and worth less.

Those Nimbus Emiras are going to be the most common, so it figures they’ll be worth less on resale than the other colours.
(just kidding, Nimbus folks :) )

firstlotus

Reaction score

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The linked article suggests some of it is related to popularity vs rarity, so yellow is rare and worth more whereas silver is popular and worth less.

Those Nimbus Emiras are going to be the most common, so it figures they’ll be worth less on resale than the other colours.
(just kidding, Nimbus folks :) )
Applying that logic Tom we will find that Shadow Grey maintains the best resale value! :D

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For some reason this picture reminds me of Spitfires at dawn, lined up on a British airfield, ready to take off to take on the Germans. It's like deja vu all over again.

PHOTO-2022-04-28-22-52-36-1.jpg

Spitfires.jpeg

The Spitfire is my all-time favorite prop plane, and the Emira has that same feeling of long, flowing curves.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just a note for anyone who's checked out my Win64 sandbox app (link in signature) - I updated all the preset colors referencing these photos. Still just guessing on Atlantis Blue Pearl and Osmium Silver. Thanks again to the dealers for posting these, finally!

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I had a little play with the Dark Verdant in light room, changed the alloys to black too. White balance is still a bit off, but I think it's a little more accurate representation of the picture. It's definitely a lot darker than I was expecting! But seemed to be the common theme from everyone who's seen it. Likewise, for those that have, does this look accurate to you?
Imagen PNG.jpg

Last edited:

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I do think the black alloys really finish off DV well. There's something about the base rims in silver that made it look a tad underwhelming. The Magma in the post above is finished off so well with the black forged rims. Can't wait to see the forged rims on DV (and Nimbus too!)

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I had a little play with the Dark Verdant in light room, changed the alloys to black too. White balance is still a bit off, but I think it's a little more accurate representation of the picture. It's definitely a lot darker than I was expecting! But seemed to be the common theme from everyone who's seen it. Likewise, for those that have, does this look accurate to you?View attachment 4936
This looks spectacular!!

Reactions: DrD

Krisjc21

Reaction score
Damn I was all in for the Seneca blue with black pack top . But seeing the magma red without the black pack looks really nice too very classic reminds me of a Ferrari . Am I the only one liking them more without the black pack?

daveparky84

Reaction score
I've had a fiddle with the factory Nimbus pics, playing with the white balance, black pack and alloys. Not having seen the colour in the flesh, I'm not sure it's accurate, but in my head as the factory is a bit more balanced, the car should be too... Original below for reference.

I really love Nimbus on the configurator Im hoping its more or less the same tone and same level of brightness / darkness. I understand it may have more dramatic liquid metal texture which is fine. These shots inside the factory are quite underexposed and under tricky lighting, not just a matter of adjusting the white balance I don't think.

Anyone who's seen Nimbus in the flesh, how does it compare to the Config?