❓ QUESTION First Edition Badge - Views?

richardkati

Reaction score
Hi All,

The Emira is a wonderful step forward for Lotus, and I am sure enthusiastic drivers will love it!

However, I am surprised I have not seen more (any) posts about the First Edition badges. In a car that has obviously been designed down to the last detail, am I alone in thinking that the badge looks like an after-thought? I think it would be a better solution to have a First Edition badge inside the car in front of the passenger, and to delete the current badge behind the door that looks the wrong size and does not really follow any of the lines or shapes around it.

Views?

torstin

Reaction score
Hi All,

The Emira is a wonderful step forward for Lotus, and I am sure enthusiastic drivers will love it!

However, I am surprised I have not seen more (any) posts about the First Edition badges. In a car that has obviously been designed down to the last detail, am I alone in thinking that the badge looks like an after-thought? I think it would be a better solution to have a First Edition badge inside the car in front of the passenger, and to delete the current badge behind the door that looks the wrong size and does not really follow any of the lines or shapes around it.

Views?
Frank Stephenson made similar comments

NoFear99

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think there is a bolt underneath the badge to fix / remove the body panel ?

I also saw a beautiful union jack flag badge to replace the first edition badge so no big deal.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

I also saw a beautiful union jack flag badge to replace the first edition badge so no big deal.
Good little business making custom badges then here. I will take a carbon one with Lotus logo on it in silver or gold 😁

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Yea, I'm swapping mine out once the standard union jack badges are available. I'll keep the FE badges, of course, for completeness.

Vetracer

Reaction score
Hi All,

Views?
In the old days, cars used to brag about engine size, whether it was fuel injected, if it had a turbo charger etc… I’m all for no decals personally. Regarding the Emira first edition badges, I’m indifferent as long as they don’t work lose or become a corrosion weak spot.

Now you’ve pointed these out, I’m inclined to agree that they are somewhat unnecessary and a plaque behind the drivers seat might have been better.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I agree the side badge and the recess it sits in seem a slightly clumsy shape compared to the lines of the car.

DSCF2078-Edit.jpg

I'm sure the aftermarket badge makers will come up with alternatives, in the same way we can expect to see alternative nose and wheel badges similar to Exige/Elise/Evora ones.

There's a First Edition badge inside on the i4 cars. There wasn't anything similar on the grey V6 car but that's a pre-production prototype so possibly not badged yet.

Drive mode i4 RHD.jpg

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does look very stuck on doesn't it. I keep wanting to move it across into the recess.

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Question for existing owners…. If Lotus only do the yellow badges and we have to go aftermarket, would they be okay with badges being swapped or might it cause potential paintwork warranty conflicts?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Very unlikely and I’ve never heard of any issues related to that. If you’re worried then you could ask your dealer to do the swap. They’re used to doing customisations and arranging things like vinyl, wheel painting, re-trimming.

Badge fixings vary, some are clipped in, some held in place with a bolt and some are glued. They’re all removable with care.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It’ll be disappointing if only the auto transmissions get that First Edition badge inside. No doubt they’re thinking about it.
These comments create several options: a Poll asking who would change the badge, and to what?
And a request to the photo shop wizards to create design mockups with a possible reaction vote.
We do have time on our hands, don't we?

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

download.png

I suspect that there is a bolt underneath, and another inside the upper side air vent if this photo is anything to go by. Emira has no clamshells, as such - it's all separate panels. If the rear wings (fenders!) come off individually that could make some service tasks much easier. It also looks like the lower black sill panels could be removable too (unless this is just a production line mock up photo, and unlike Evora and Elise/Exige where they're bonded on) which could really help with any wiring/plumbing issues later down the line....

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've had the same observation that the badge needed to be more upscale. The one on the showcars is rather underwhelming. The Emira is such a spectacularly beautiful car, I agree that it could use a better badge. In trying to keep with the basic theme, I came up with this idea. It's longer to fill up the space better, but if the actual space doesn't support this length, it could be shortened.

First Edition Badge Idea.png

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've had the same observation that the badge needed to be more upscale. The one on the showcars is rather underwhelming. The Emira is such a spectacularly beautiful car, I agree that it could use a better badge. In trying to keep with the basic theme, I came up with this idea. It's longer to fill up the space better, but if the actual space doesn't support this length, it could be shortened.

Only if that's the same red as the red calipers...... :ROFLMAO: