• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Finance tool disappeared from Lotus website (Edit - Now working)

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As big an Emira fan as I am, I have always said that Evora owners, and especially Exige owners, should not trade them in for an Emira - in general. Clearly, all Evige owners loved them and you will not get THAT feeling in the Emira - completely different car.

I;d still love an Emira - and - a 4xx Exige but not prepared to get rid of my other cars for it as yet.
are you out of the Emira???

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Funny enough thats also another reason why I’m on the fence. I’ve always thought the sport 410 fills a gap between the evora 400 and exige 350. Therefore, I’m not sure the emira is going to be a better car for me than my current car.
It depends what you’re looking for and so what counts as “better”. If it’s primarily about the driving dynamics and engagement, I think you’ll find your Evora is better than the Emira. If the interior, tech and looks are more important then the Emira is better.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It depends what you’re looking for and so what counts as “better”. If it’s primarily about the driving dynamics and engagement, I think you’ll find your Evora is better than the Emira. If the interior, tech and looks are more important then the Emira is better.
For now.... I have a feeling the GT/CUP version will be the car to replace Evora from a driving dynamics perspective. They held back the base Emira, everyone knows it, including the journalists. That is why it's reviews aren't as glowing and probably why exige and Evora owners are underwhelmed.

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Anyone else noticed this?

You used to be able to go in a play about with different deposit amounts and specs to see how that affected your monthly payments etc. But now all they seem to have is a generic finance example. 🧐
Still there …. Just checked

Attachments

• DDA106AF-D725-4499-B09F-ABBAA8EC77E8.png
    DDA106AF-D725-4499-B09F-ABBAA8EC77E8.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 65
OP
D

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Still there …. Just checked
That's not the bit I was referring too. You could previously input all of your spec and then go into a finance tab on the configurator and adjust your term/deposit amount etc. and it would give you a specific breakdown of the costs, rather than a 'finance example' like the one you've linked

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That's not the bit I was referring too. You could previously input all of your spec and then go into a finance tab on the configurator and adjust your term/deposit amount etc. and it would give you a specific breakdown of the costs, rather than a 'finance example' like the one you've linked
Haven’t seen that for ages. Figures still look good on this one though

OP
D

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Haven’t seen that for ages. Figures still look good on this one though
I found it quite a useful feature as I could keep an eye on any changes Lotus made to balloon payments etc. to monitor their anticipated future values

IH8theMavs

Reaction score
As big an Emira fan as I am, I have always said that Evora owners, and especially Exige owners, should not trade them in for an Emira - in general. Clearly, all Evige owners loved them and you will not get THAT feeling in the Emira - completely different car.

I;d still love an Emira - and - a 4xx Exige but not prepared to get rid of my other cars for it as yet.
Agree, you don’t trade in a Lotus, you pass it down to your kids

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Surely the one I screen shot gives you an idea of payments still against level of deposit. For me it looks good and sub £500 month albeit the balloon is extremely high hence the low monthly

OP
D

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Surely the one I screen shot gives you an idea of payments still against level of deposit. For me it looks good and sub £500 month albeit the balloon is extremely high hence the low monthly
Yes, but the sliding tabs that used to be there are far more interactive

Attachments

• Image 02-12-2022 at 18.35.jpg
    Image 02-12-2022 at 18.35.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 37
OP
D

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just checked back and the tool is now live again 👍🏻

Also the balloon payment has increased meaning the finance is cheaper and Lotus must be predicting stronger residuals

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
9.9APR is imminent with the recent Bank of England rate rise but the stronger residual will be welcome for finance buyers at least with their monthly payments anyway.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I don’t understand these PCP offers, they just appear to be a total ripoff

Basically costing you £50,000 to borrow the car for four years

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I see…

If you look at what’s advertised used the rates and monthlies are shocking! I.E. really high and as an equivalent a V8 vantage of similar value is cheaper on the monthlies.

The long term used values will depend on the deals being offered and the finance rates. Whilst some will buy cash; the majority will not. Many with the cash Wouid rather pay a sensible monthly and keep the cash to invest or keep same for other things.

Encouraged by the string balloon albeit will be keeping an eye on this for rate changes and used market. Looking forward to hearing something about the i4. With it coming in £4K less to start with than a V6 it’s a healthier starting point. Be interesting to see how they compare against each other in a used market into the future. Early flippers will no doubt chance their hand on i4 but with the first batch containing 75 cars of which mine along with a few other members on here are part of this; there won’t be many cars around.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
8.9% is very steep APR, especially when you will struggle to find more much than a 3.6% return on a GBP time deposit at this time. If you have cash it makes sense to pay in full

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

@Evotion I thought you were dead set on an Emira after that test drive video, if not we need to nominate you for a BAFTA after that performance 😃

OP
D

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I don’t understand these PCP offers, they just appear to be a total ripoff

Basically costing you £50,000 to borrow the car for four years
In principal they are a bit of a ripoff but it allows your average buyer who hasn't got £80k in cash to buy a car that would normally be unattainable for an affordable monthly payment. The balloon is always set in favour of the finance company and so the real future value is almost always more and so the cost to borrow once that is factored in, becomes a bit more palatable, albeit still an expensive way to buy.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
@Evotion I thought you were dead set on an Emira after that test drive video, if not we need to nominate you for a BAFTA after that performance 😃
Ha.. No, I am a big fan still!
Definitely getting it!

I still think it is an AMAZING car for what it is, and was set out to be, and perfect for what I want.

I suspect people have misread my last line.

I am getting the Emira 100%. Ideally I would also like an Exige 410 Sport or 420/430 Cup but I am not willing to sell the Ferrari for it. I actually do believe, for us mere mortals, the Emira will be a real hoot around the tracks and is a new car, so less to worry about.

Last edited:

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ha.. No, I am a big fan still!
Definitely getting it!

I still think it is an AMAZING car for what it is, and was set out to be, and perfect for what I want.

I suspect people have misread my last line.

I am getting the Emira 100%. Ideally I would also like an Exige 410 Sport or 420/320 Cup but I am not willing to sell the Ferrari for it. I actually do believe, for us mere mortals, the Emira will be a real hoot around the tracks and is a new car, so less to worry about.
Good to hear Ade