Faulty lights stalk settings and trip A reset button?

Sizona

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Fellow Emira owners please can I get some feedback on the Left Hand lights stalk operation.

In my car and one other I know of the green light, (meaning lights are on in tell tale area of the dashboard) is always on, this whether I have the lights knurled knob on the stalk at the bottom showing the empty circle (O) or on Auto in bight light. These two settings should mean lights should be off and just the front DRL's working however my front lights (not dip beam), rear lights and number plate lights are always on and cannot be switched off when car is turned on. Handbook says 'O' means just DRL's on.

Also the 'RESET" button on the end of the stalk does not clear Trip A as per the handbook.

I presume the stalk is faulty but wanted to see if any others have the same issue...or is how the cars are built!?

Thanks

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I also noticed the green light on the dashboard is always on whether it’s off (0) or on automatic. So I presumed it’s on because of the DRL? I’ve checked the dealers car and it’s the same.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I also noticed the green light on the dashboard is always on whether it’s off (0) or on automatic. So I presumed it’s on because of the DRL? I’ve checked the dealers car and it’s the same.

Likely DRLs. Here's the page from the manual:

Screenshot 2023-02-10 134911.jpg

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
How very confusing. Rather there not be a light on the dashboard just for DRL’s. The green position light is always on regardless.

OP
Sizona

Sizona

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes very confusing, I'll speak to my dealer/agent!and see if they can find out.

Does the RESET button work?

The whole section under '0 daytime Running Lights' from the handbook is hard to understand..
Do the rear lights come under DRL's definition too? As 'after after short while driving' the position lights still stay on. Every other newish car with DRL's including Evora etconly use only front ones if I remember correctly.

Anyone able to explain all this better to me please? Maybe Volvo/Geely use the same system in other cars.

Dunno 🤷‍♀️