Factory Tour Thread

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
It’s absolutely been the most exciting thing that’s happened to me this year.

Side note, we’re back at Lotus today. We were informed that the chairman (I assume the chairman of the board of directors at lotus /guy in the photo of my recent response) wants to speak with us. Matt Windle confirmed this earlier this morning.

I have no clue what is in store but I’m giddy about the entire thing. I don’t think this trip could get any better!

Either way, once I’ve (we’ve) had time to digest, Hapkin and I will update everyone here.

Absolutely Tom. You’ve been so helpful to most people here and I’ll do my best to return the favor if at all possible.
Fast forward to April 1st. Next post will be "we have been given a free fully optioned car with bespoke colors".

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They're having you back to let you know that they have changed their mind and are putting an embargo on everything that you saw yesterday.
You’re only half kidding unfortunately.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
You’re only half kidding unfortunately.
Yeah they had a few too many beers at the corporate lunch and then came back to the factory and thought it would be fun to give these couple guys full access to everything. After waking up with a staggering headache this morning, they pieced together what happened yesterday (like The Hangover) and traced their way back to a scribbled phone number on a napkin that lead them to these guys...

Next Decade

Reaction score
Fast forward to April 1st. Next post will be "we have been given a free fully optioned car with bespoke colors".
New tidbit I’ll give while on my train back to London: Daniel wanted our names and contact info but we are still unsure why… either way, I’m still filled with anticipation. Maybe once I catch back up with @Hapkin, he can shed more light into it. So, however very unlikely, there’s still a nonzero chance of some PR stunt akin to what you’re saying. Though I’d be happy with an invitation to some exclusive event or something similar.

Hapkin did the driving academy today and we did not. We just showed up uninvited and wormed our way back in to buy some merch since we didn’t have the chance to during the tour. However, we did get to catch back up with Matt and Nick, as well as the HR manager Ken Brockie and the Health & Safety manager. I asked if they were in need of another mechanical engineer on the team lol. Hey, they’re expanding right??

Matt Windle and Nick Duckworth requested we email them some of photos that we took of/with the execs, likely because they just wanted them for PR reasons.

Next Decade

Reaction score
Yeah they had a few too many beers at the corporate lunch and then came back to the factory and thought it would be fun to give these couple guys full access to everything. After waking up with a staggering headache this morning, they pieced together what happened yesterday (like The Hangover) and traced their way back to a scribbled phone number on a napkin that lead them to these guys...
They asked me if I was a journalist because I came in with a notepad and was writing shit down the entire time 😂. Like nope, I’m just trying to appease the content starved Emira forum members.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
New tidbit I’ll give while on my train back to London: Daniel wanted our names and contact info but we are still unsure why… either way, I’m still filled with anticipation. Maybe once I catch back up with @Hapkin, he can shed more light into it. So, however very unlikely, there’s still a nonzero chance of some PR stunt akin to what you’re saying. Though I’d be happy with an invitation to some exclusive event or something similar.

Hapkin did the driving academy today and we did not. We just showed up uninvited and wormed our way back in to buy some merch since we didn’t have the chance to during the tour. However, we did get to catch back up with Matt and Nick, as well as the HR manager Ken Brockie and the Health & Safety manager. I asked if they were in need of another mechanical engineer on the team lol. Hey, they’re expanding right??

Matt Windle and Nick Duckworth requested we email them some of photos that we took of/with the execs, likely because they just wanted them for PR reasons.
haha..that last request, although nice really smacks of a hand made small volume company.. i mean 1 a week....

but well, I hope you guys are good looking at least and hence do some good work for the PR....

Next Decade

Reaction score
You've been pulled aside for having communication history with us moaners on the forum and therefore you're car is delayed to the end of next year....?!?!
Shit, even though I put my deposit down just after good wood, I was told by Gator I missed the FE slot by 2… I probably won’t get mine until the end of next year as it is.
haha..that last request, although nice really smacks of a hand made small volume company.. i mean 1 a week....

but well, I hope you guys are good looking at least and hence do some good work for the PR....
Nope, well I’m not exactly photogenic lol.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
They asked me if I was a journalist because I came in with a notepad and was writing shit down the entire time 😂. Like nope, I’m just trying to appease the content starved Emira forum members.
That is sooooo Funny laughing out loud here 😆😆😆🤭 so you didn’t mention your hidden tape recorder- good man 👍

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
New tidbit I’ll give while on my train back to London: Daniel wanted our names and contact info but we are still unsure why…

They're probably frantically drawing up a non-disclosure agreement and need to know where to send it :ROFLMAO:

It sounds like it was a fantastic day though, and I look forward to hearing more and seeing the photos!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's incredible. Enjoy the experience and don't forget to feedback about comms and lack of information considering Lotus new D2C model 😉 unless you think it may get you thrown out on your arse 😉😅
Absolutely do not attempt to give any constructive but potentially critical feedback to anyone at Lotus, either face to face or in emails. It can lead to all kinds of issues ;)

It sounds like your visit was similar format to mine in January. Good that they are sharing updates, and allowing photos this time. A pity they couldn’t do that in a format they publish to all deposit holders. But hey, it’s another “EmiraForum is first with the info” moment.