Factory Tour Thread

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah, there were several. I think with the exception of Shadow Grey, I saw every other external colour there.

I think it's been said on here before, but every single colour that I saw looked great.
ph
I'm curious to know whether the line of cars you saw being assembled had an vivid red (not Magma) one with orange wheels? (That was on the line when I visited on 3rd May)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, there were several. I think with the exception of Shadow Grey, I saw every other external colour there.

I think it's been said on here before, but every single colour that I saw looked great.
ph
As Leonard said actually, IF IF IF it was just the wheels, surely they would be able to give us some other options. We supply our own wheels, they get a new temporary supplier ....
its all easier said than done of course, but I doubt there is any car 100% finished apart from just the wheels.. .Im guessing.
Getting a bit depressing now, July now pushing out to September potentially and September getting towards Xmas....
As jethro said, or kind of said... what a shame, shame shame.... but in a different context ;)

PorkerHam

Reaction score
As Leonard said actually, IF IF IF it was just the wheels, surely they would be able to give us some other options. We supply our own wheels, they get a new temporary supplier ....
its all easier said than done of course, but I doubt there is any car 100% finished apart from just the wheels.. .Im guessing.
Getting a bit depressing now, July now pushing out to September potentially and September getting towards Xmas....
As jethro said, or kind of said... what a shame, shame shame.... but in a different context ;)
It's definitely not just wheels they are missing, but our guide wasn't telling us what else they were waiting on.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great info
Sounds like we need to source our own wheels, could be fun 😁
Braid will be a good option. They have already built a number of runs for Evora fitments.

There's a thread for aftermarket wheels options elsewhere on the forum, it's getting closer to time to begin reaching out to wheel manufacturers but we still don't have the offset data on the Emira wheels.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm curious to know whether the line of cars you saw being assembled had an vivid red (not Magma) one with orange wheels? (That was on the line when I visited on 3rd May)
The wheels they use during production are "roller" wheels they remove at the end of the production process when the final wheels go on. They usually get used again and again. Lotus seems to be using a mix of older wheel stock for this purpose rather than using dedicated production process wheels.

PorkerHam

Reaction score
I might have missed something, but I didn't notice any cars on the factory floor that weren't in FE colours. Plenty of orange wheels, but nothing red that wasn't Magma.

ph

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey PH did you see a V6 auto on the line????

Thanks for taking the time to answer the endless barage :rolleyes:

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's exactly how I want mine with red interior. My Pantera was candy black cherry and it was like this; looked black until it didn't...:) Looks good with the silver wheels too.
Haha, nice to see it again. I posted it like three months ago from the dealers visit.
Unfinished product. Cannot even trust the color anymore

Next Decade

Reaction score
I’ll be doing a tour this week. I’ve not kept up with this thread but will try to read through to see if there are things that have yet to be completely picked apart already.

If someone wanted to put a list of questions together for me that would be great. I’d do it, but that seems like work and I’m on vacation lol.

0pirates0

Reaction score
I’ll be doing a tour this week. I’ve not kept up with this thread but will try to read through to see if there are things that have yet to be completely picked apart already.

If someone wanted to put a list of questions together for me that would be great. I’d do it, but that seems like work and I’m on vacation lol.
plz help us to ask updates regards the i4 model, since there was absolutely no news on the market now. Thx

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

It would be really interesting to hear what is going down the line LHD vs RHD and also if you see any auto gearbox cars. Lotus don't have Type Approval for the V6 auto yet, I would also be very interested in any nuggets of information around this, what may be holding it up, any issues etc. I am guessing that they won't tell you, but sometimes when you ask a question, what they don't say can be very revealing.
I hope that you have a wonderful vacation in the UK and enjoy your trip around the factory.

Next Decade

Reaction score
plz help us to ask updates regards the i4 model, since there was absolutely no news on the market now. Thx
I will do my best. This is actually a good one because I couldn’t care less about the i4 lol. It wouldn’t have been on my mind at all.

However, given the amount of work others have put into this over the past ~2 years…work that I’ve enjoyed, I will be happy to help.

Anything specific?

Next Decade

Reaction score
It would be really interesting to hear what is going down the line LHD vs RHD and also if you see any auto gearbox cars. Lotus don't have Type Approval for the V6 auto yet, I would also be very interested in any nuggets of information around this, what may be holding it up, any issues etc. I am guessing that they won't tell you, but sometimes when you ask a question, what they don't say can be very revealing.
I hope that you have a wonderful vacation in the UK and enjoy your trip around the factory.
I can’t imagine homologation would be a major hurdle for them as the power train hasn’t really changed in a decade or so.

I’ll try to make notes while I’m there. Might have to bring a notebook because I’m unsure if they will let me bring my phone inside the factory. I honestly need a list of items to look for so I can do a proper write up afterwards. I saw the one at Lotus Hauese last week (just outside of Frankfurt) and it was extremely hard to stay objective lol.

Thanks, I’ve been enjoying it very much!