Factory Tour - Production watch!

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ll be in Scotland in late Sept, I’d love to plan a side trip to Hethel with the intention of seeing the Emira in DV up close but, frankly, I’m not even sure this is possible….

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Definitely lots of Emiras out and about around Hethel this week, two white ones together followed me through village yesterday afternoon, and this afternoon I followed a dark verdant one with a trade plate on towards Hethel but couldn't keep up with it! all caught on dashcam but footage crap so not worth posting
Aaargh! If only they'd got the DV one up to Lotus in the Peak, that would have killed multiple birds with one stone!

The press cars are supposedly all over in continental Europe, hence none available for UK events. I've seen nothing so far suggesting any of them have been spotted over there yet.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Final validation cars now and dealer demos next. So nothing that generates cash.

They've got somewhere in the region of £20-30m in deposits (and more being placed every day), a 15-16 month forward order book, suppliers who won't get paid until they deliver parts and backing from Geely.

They obviously want to get cars out to customers and start the money coming in and I think that's only a month or two away now. The ramp up will be slower than planned, so income will be slower but so will parts supply and hence expenditure.
If they have approximately £25 million in deposits... a deposit is what, about 3% of the total? That would be about 3/4 of a billion dollars in revenue when the final sales are completed. And that's without cars being out on the roads in customer's hands yet.

Now they REALLY need to get the dealer network in place here in the U.S. and elsewhere so they don't lose their momentum once it gets going.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Final validation cars now and dealer demos next. So nothing that generates cash.

They've got somewhere in the region of £20-30m in deposits (and more being placed every day), a 15-16 month forward order book, suppliers who won't get paid until they deliver parts and backing from Geely.

They obviously want to get cars out to customers and start the money coming in and I think that's only a month or two away now. The ramp up will be slower than planned, so income will be slower but so will parts supply and hence expenditure.
Tom, I know you didn't agree before... but I really do think the V6 manual will be sold out before the end of this year. At the very least a deposit today in our N/A market, I don't think you would get a car until 2025.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

You're leaving out staff expenses. Keeping a few hundred people sitting around a factory polishing the robots waiting for parts gets expensive quick.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Aaargh! If only they'd got the DV one up to Lotus in the Peak, that would have killed multiple birds with one stone!

The press cars are supposedly all over in continental Europe, hence none available for UK events. I've seen nothing so far suggesting any of them have been spotted over there yet.
Explain how Top Gear had a DV in their studio. Did it magically disappear?
Of all the head scratching that's gone on with the Emira oddessey, this is the itchyist..

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ll be in Scotland in late Sept, I’d love to plan a side trip to Hethel with the intention of seeing the Emira in DV up close but, frankly, I’m not even sure this is possible….
Something about this reminds me of Loch Ness stories.

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Attachments

• AEF5DCF1-4091-4847-B908-01B81DA81BCF.jpeg
    AEF5DCF1-4091-4847-B908-01B81DA81BCF.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 16

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tom, I know you didn't agree before... but I really do think the V6 manual will be sold out before the end of this year. At the very least a deposit today in our N/A market, I don't think you would get a car until 2025.
A deposit today is about 68-73 weeks until delivery for UK, so November 2023. That would be into 2024 for US delivery, ignoring any big differences in allocations between dealers. 2025 is still 129 weeks away.

Once demo cars arrive at dealers and customer cars get out there I expect the 70ish week lead time will quickly lengthen. 2023 capacity is essentially all sold but they'll need to take another 7,500 deposits to fill up 2024 production.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The UK Lotus website says approx 60 weeks lead time for a new Emira so anyone putting a deposit down today will apparently wait less time than all us early depositors to get their new car.
Interesting point.
#For the Trailblazers