Factory Tour - Production watch!

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you could ask someone around the engine mounting / testing area if the 3rd cat for the V6 is the same part as the Evora, that would be greatly appreciated.
Enjoy your tour!

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah we are all desperate for a new fix (new topic) the one topic i'm looking forward to is the DELIVERY thread.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If you could ask someone around the engine mounting / testing area if the 3rd cat for the V6 is the same part as the Evora, that would be greatly appreciated.
Enjoy your tour!
Yes... love to know this. I like noise but don;t really want to be amongst the first with experimenting with exhausts.

What sort of difference did removing the 3rd Car on the Evora make? Start, idle, high revs, motorway drone.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What sort of difference did removing the 3rd Car on the Evora make? Start, idle, high revs, motorway drone.
More "rorty" on start and at idle, more depth to the V6 sound across the revs when pressing on, no noticeable extra drone on a steady throttle on the motorway. You rode to Hethel and back in mine, which has no 3rd cat.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
More "rorty" on start and at idle, more depth to the V6 sound across the revs when pressing on, no noticeable extra drone on a steady throttle on the motorway. You rode to Hethel and back in mine, which has no 3rd cat.

The bone stock Evora GT I drove sounded amazing to me! I imagine a third cat delete would make it even meaner. Do we know if the US spec Emiras are getting the third cat? I assume everyone is, right?

Is it pretty straightforward to swap out the 3rd cat for a delete pipe? Is it a bolted on piece or slip on? Or does it require welding? How about accessibility?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Iā€™m assuming itā€™ll be fitted to all cars, as itā€™s a global spec.

If itā€™s like the Evora itā€™s a reversible swap with a straight pipe, just bolt it in:

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Porsche has been doing this since mid-21. My Taycan was delivered with 3 open campaigns that reflected missing options to be retrofitted ā€œat a later dateā€. Itā€™s been over six months, post-delivery, and Iā€™m still waiting for parts. Meanwhile I personally know a half dozen people with the same model, produced after mine, missing little to nothing in the way of their respective builds.

With Porsche, at least, delivered cars seem to have much less priority.
my Taycan came without matrix lights and business partners came without a power steering column.....

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone done a factory tour since Goodwood? Have they built _ANY_ production cars yet? As far as I can tell now in the middle of July 2022 there are less than 20 Emiras produced worldwide all-time, and the factory is still sitting idle. But I'd love to be wrong.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone done a factory tour since Goodwood? Have they built _ANY_ production cars yet? As far as I can tell now in the middle of July 2022 there are less than 20 Emiras produced worldwide all-time, and the factory is still sitting idle. But I'd love to be wrong.
If you were wrong, you would be more than welcome on this forum, as most of us are wrong most of the time ;).
There have not been, or dont seem to have been as many factory tours recently, or its been done by people who are not on here maybe. We still dont think anyone has got their 30 day call, so certainly seems no customer cars done yet, but dealer cars should be getting through as they are meant to be getting cars over the next 3/4 weeks..... I think.
Its a carappy situation for everyone and still seems to be changing day by day

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No completed production cars yet. Dealer demo cars should be in build now/soon, as they're due to reach UK dealers sometime in August.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Iā€™m assuming itā€™ll be fitted to all cars, as itā€™s a global spec.

If itā€™s like the Evora itā€™s a reversible swap with a straight pipe, just bolt it in:
This is cool. Hopefully it will fit. I am certainly interested if it helps improve the sound.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It'll probably need an Emira-specific one, but I guess GRP, Larini, 2bular and others will have one available very quickly.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No completed production cars yet. Dealer demo cars should be in build now/soon, as they're due to reach UK dealers sometime in August.
So is _anything_ coming out of the factory at all? Or is it just a cash bonfire? I'm honestly curious how long Lotus can keep afloat without selling any cars.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Final validation cars now and dealer demos next. So nothing that generates cash.

They've got somewhere in the region of Ā£20-30m in deposits (and more being placed every day), a 15-16 month forward order book, suppliers who won't get paid until they deliver parts and backing from Geely.

They obviously want to get cars out to customers and start the money coming in and I think that's only a month or two away now. The ramp up will be slower than planned, so income will be slower but so will parts supply and hence expenditure.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Definitely lots of Emiras out and about around Hethel this week, two white ones together followed me through village yesterday afternoon, and this afternoon I followed a dark verdant one with a trade plate on towards Hethel but couldn't keep up with it! all caught on dashcam but footage crap so not worth posting