❔ QUESTION Factory Tour 12th May

Reaction score
Afternoon All,

I’ve got a factory tour booked on the 12th May; happy to ask any questions you might have?

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Most of the cars you'll see around the factory, including some of the finished ones outside, look like the ride height is too high. Nick our guide said they were higher than the final production height but he didn't know why. Could you ask if he has found out the reason?

Enjoy the day. I'm sure like me you'll come away thinking how lucky we all are to be getting such a stunning, beautifully engineered car.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Most of the cars you'll see around the factory, including some of the finished ones outside, look like the ride height is too high. Nick our guide said they were higher than the final production height but he didn't know why. Could you ask if he has found out the reason?

Enjoy the day. I'm sure like me you'll come away thinking how lucky we all are to be getting such a stunning, beautifully engineered car.
Unlike prior Lotus deliveries, the Emira is not delivered in a shipping container. (e.g Evora was 2x per container).

The delivery model is now roll-on and roll-off. So basically its a bit like a ferry model. The front wheel raisers are put in place to ensure that the lower bumper isn't scratched or damaged (a bit like a static lifter) making them ready for shipping.

During pre-delivery, these are removed before customers take delivery of the vehicle making them standard height from that point forward.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Unlike prior Lotus deliveries, the Emira is not delivered in a shipping container. (e.g Evora was 2x per container).

The delivery model is now roll-on and roll-off. So basically its a bit like a ferry model. The front wheel raisers are put in place to ensure that the lower bumper isn't scratched or damaged (a bit like a static lifter) making them ready for shipping.

During pre-delivery, these are removed before customers take delivery of the vehicle making them standard height from that point forward.

Aka shipping pucks.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The metal gate around the shift mechanism would be great to get an answer on. Also did we confirm if that rubber pad under the air con is a wireless charging pad? Not sure if this has been answered before but - which is quicker around Hethel's track Evora GT or the Emira?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The metal gate around the shift mechanism would be great to get an answer on. Also did we confirm if that rubber pad under the air con is a wireless charging pad? Not sure if this has been answered before but - which is quicker around Hethel's track Evora GT or the Emira?
Gavan said the Emira was quicker.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Also can they PLEASE not pre-drill front license plate bracket holes for US cars!!!
That’s already been confirmed. The mount is supplied with the car but is a dealer fitted item for US cars, so in states with no front plate requirement they will be able to leave it off.

firstlotus

Reaction score
Afternoon All,

I’ve got a factory tour booked on the 12th May; happy to ask any questions you might have?
Can you please ask WHY you have to get an Automatic Transmission to order the Steering Wheel with Deviated Colored Stitching and TDC colored strip? AND if they see their stupidity... can we change the order before building the car...? Thanks...

Crown

Reaction score
I was on the factory tour last week, but forgot to ask
If factory collections will be available?
I’m October for an i4 so hopefully by then 🤞

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Can you please ask WHY you have to get an Automatic Transmission to order the Steering Wheel with Deviated Colored Stitching and TDC colored strip? AND if they see their stupidity... can we change the order before building the car...? Thanks...
The steering wheel assembly for the auto includes the paddle shifters. The one for the manual does not. Since much of the steering wheel appears to be from the Geely parts bin for other vehicles, there's a good chance they already had a supply of those components in stock for the paddle shifter steering wheels. As far as I know, Geely doesn't sell a car without paddle shifters, so those assemblies probably need to be built specifically for Lotus. Apparently the company making them isn't able to meet the demand and still offer the colored TDC stripes at this time. It's something you'll be able to get done by a custom shop later if you really want it. Lotus themselves may have them available from their own custom division at some point, and possibly even have an exchange process available. If enough people clamor for it, it could happen.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The steering wheel assembly for the auto includes the paddle shifters. The one for the manual does not. Since much of the steering wheel appears to be from the Geely parts bin for other vehicles, there's a good chance they already had a supply of those components in stock for the paddle shifter steering wheels. As far as I know, Geely doesn't sell a car without paddle shifters, so those assemblies probably need to be built specifically for Lotus. Apparently the company making them isn't able to meet the demand and still offer the colored TDC stripes at this time. It's something you'll be able to get done by a custom shop later if you really want it. Lotus themselves may have them available from their own custom division at some point, and possibly even have an exchange process available. If enough people clamor for it, it could happen.

The wheel is Emira-specific. The contract Lotus placed with the supplier of the wheels back before the reveal didn't envisage the demand for manual V6 FEs. The supplier can't do coloured TDC stripes and contrast stitching and meet the variations, volumes and timeframes required. Lotus tried unsuccessfully to persuade the supplier.

Lotus Advanced Performance won't do bespoke Emira builds until late 2023 at the earliest. If people want the coloured bits then aftermarket is easiest and cheaper.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was on the factory tour last week, but forgot to ask
If factory collections will be available?
I’m October for an i4 so hopefully by then 🤞

Wait!!! Wut!!

October for an i4, that's amazing, I thought the earliest i4's were Nov build fro Dec delivery. When did you place he original deposit?

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The wheel is Emira-specific. The contract Lotus placed with the supplier of the wheels back before the reveal didn't envisage the demand for manual V6 FEs. The supplier can't do coloured TDC stripes and contrast stitching and meet the variations, volumes and timeframes required. Lotus tried unsuccessfully to persuade the supplier.

Lotus Advanced Performance won't do bespoke Emira builds until late 2023 at the earliest. If people want the coloured bits then aftermarket is easiest and cheaper.
Crazy isn’t it?

Supplier hire some folks.
Lotus hire some folks.

Plenty of cash on hand and plenty of people that would do a great job.

#ForTheTDC

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Crazy isn’t it?

Supplier hire some folks.
Lotus hire some folks.

Plenty of cash on hand and plenty of people that would do a great job.

#ForTheTDC
Wish it was this easy.

I have a roofing business. I have 8 employees. I currently could have 25 and 2 project managers, but am lucky to have the crew I have. We do about 70 jobs per season. I have done 10 so far, 30 on the list, and 75+ people awaiting estimates. Also 20+ voicemails wanting me to call back about even discussing getting an estimate, and 5-8 calls and emails per day.

I have some large jobs I am scrounging to find materials in large quantities for, where suppliers I use have been waiting on materials to arrive since last summer. If I could hire the right people, and not have a lack of raw materials, I would have an order in for a new McLaren or Koenigsegg instead 😄

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Wish it was this easy.

I have a roofing business. I have 8 employees. I currently could have 25 and 2 project managers, but am lucky to have the crew I have. We do about 70 jobs per season. I have done 10 so far, 30 on the list, and 75+ people awaiting estimates. Also 20+ voicemails wanting me to call back about even discussing getting an estimate, and 5-8 calls and emails per day.

I have some large jobs I am scrounging to find materials in large quantities for, where suppliers I use have been waiting on materials to arrive since last summer. If I could hire the right people, and not have a lack of raw materials, I would have an order in for a new McLaren or Koenigsegg instead 😄
Difference - Lotus just let some of their upholstery folks go…

#ForTheUpholsterers