Evija X at Nurburgring

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Which happens first: Lotus delivers a customer Evija, or a US Emira? Any guesses?

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No need to guess, the first customer Evija has been shipped to the owner and should be handed over in the next two weeks.
Cue Lotus press release and happy client photos
Banner- waving aerial team included.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hope it has a backup ICE motor
The owner has a "few" other cars he can use if his Evija is out of action, and a team of engineers at his disposal to look after it.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Better check the A/C works on delivery!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
what are the odds they break the record. End of the day they wouldn’t be trying if they didn’t think they could be close.

I got one am happy they are going to the ring and giving it a go. Stepping up to the plate against everyone else is a sign of more serious intent. Far better than quoting Lotus test track times

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think they're quietly confident they can do it. I was chatting to some of the team at the Classic Team Lotus Garden Party in May and they were excited about "doing something pretty special" based on what the computer simulations were suggesting.

They'll be back to try again. I wonder if the timing for this attempt was so they could take the Evija X to Goodwood Festival of Speed next month as current Ring record holder and have a go at the hill record too. Gav Kerhsaw has already driven the prototype Evija up the hill a few times with restricted power. That would be a significant coup when this year FOS is celebrating 75 years of Porsche rather than 75 years of Lotus.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There’s no way it beats the McMurthy fan car up the hill. That thing is virtually on rails!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Btw, they were also lapping the Emira.

Attachments

• IMG_5374.png
    IMG_5374.png
    336.6 KB · Views: 69