Engine system service urgent

I've gotten that message about 2x since the last service (~February 2026). It hasn't shown up in any way since then. Seems like it's normal for I4s. Lots of kinks to work through, I wonder what the Lotus dealer/techs think of all this? must be a bit annoying to deal with these random issues.
I can assure you that, by charging hourly rates anywhere between $200 to $250, they love it, and the more kinks there are to figure out and fix, the merrier they become. They're kinky like that.
 
Got a low battery warning a few times but it went away checked with obd2, battery seems ok. This morning message came up again. Followed by engin light. Same error P0071.
 
Same issue with my i4 here in Australia. Started after latest service and software update a month ago. Problem is still there despite changing battery. Always returns after clearing code.
 
My car is about to go back to the dealer for the 5th time for this same issue even after they replaced the ambient air temp sensor in the door mirror as instructed by Lotus. They said they have arranged some sort of live diagnostics with Lotus. Let’s see what they come up with this time. It ran perfect for two years until they did the updates then the EML started. 😞
 
Got the message a few times now, seems to be an issue since service and updates. I have noticed it’s only in the early morning startup. I no longer see engine light pop up after.
 
Spoke too Soon, engine light on way home same error p0071.
 
My local lotus dealership said they still don't have a proper solution for this. I just ignore it at this point and will wait for the eventual fix hopefully.
 
@spats Thanks save me the trouble to chase the dealer. I’ll just keep resetting it for now.
 
It happened to me yesterday afternoon for the first time
OK'd the message and it went away. Came back on 2 other occasions in the next 30mins and then no more for the rest of the 2.5 hr drive.

Is this something to be concerned with?
 
It happened to me yesterday afternoon for the first time
OK'd the message and it went away. Came back on 2 other occasions in the next 30mins and then no more for the rest of the 2.5 hr drive.

Is this something to be concerned with?
not unless you're having actual driving issues. It's to do with the ambient air temp sensor in the mirror. No permanent fix yet and seems to come up even more after the most recent updates in my experience.
 
Well the latest update on this issue is that somebody from Lotus themselves came out to the dealership to look at my car and guess what they cannot fix it! I was told that they currently do not have a fix for this problem 😦 (ambient air temp sensor fault which they have already replaced)! They are apparently working on the software fix and I will just have to drive it with the engine light on. Not good! How will I know if another issue arises of a more serious nature. I won't know because the EML is already staying on! No idea of time frame for a fix either. Another 'not acceptable' response from Lotus.
 
I wonder if this is the latest software issue. I’d never seen it but mine was serviced in march and I’ve had this message pop up twice since.
 
I wonder if this is the latest software issue. I’d never seen it but mine was serviced in march and I’ve had this message pop up twice since.
Based on what I'm reading here, it seems to be the case with the latest i4 software update.
 
I wonder if this is the latest software issue. I’d never seen it but mine was serviced in march and I’ve had this message pop up twice since.
Also had mine serviced in March with the latest software updates (there were 3 or 4 of them) and put over a thousand miles on the car since, no issues so far (knock on wood).
 
Also had mine serviced in March with the latest software updates (there were 3 or 4 of them) and put over a thousand miles on the car since, no issues so far (knock on wood).
Mine was serviced in May and had all the s/w updates added at that time. I have done about 600 miles since then and this error popped up last Sunday. Cleared it and it came back, cleared it and it has stayed away. Depending on miles driven, you may get it soon'ish.
 
This re-occured during a recent drive. Issue is, that it did not clear this time so the CEL is constantly illuminated. Problem with that being, it therefore masks any unrelated CEL. I have now got a OBD2 dongle and s/w and plan to clear the code, but wanted to know what the code should be prior to clearing it, so a quick call to Dealership, which I then asked a few other Qs
1) The Ambient Sensor error, supposedly does not provide a code, just a description of Ambient sensor fault, although I have seen on an earlier post a code of P0071. Hopefully that helps others
2) The DCT software update. Nothing at the UK dealerships as yet. My car is up to date as of mid-May for software and has no outstanding updates pending
3) The water ingress to the front boot. No news of anything coming from Lotus to overcome this issue, except the continued use of the membrane/bib we all know and loathe.

I'll post items 2 & 3 in the relevant other threads relating the specific items

Last but not least. Is there a thread that lists all the CELs we have discovered to date. Would seem to be an ideal opportunity to build a reference DB, that we can all use, when we get these CELs and list possible solutions/fixes
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top