• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira residual values

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Cheers guys, good to have an idea, even if it’s guess work at this stage.

Of course, in the perfect world, I wouldn't have to think about any of this boring stuff and would buy it, enjoy it, end of. Unfortunately I’m not in that fortunate situation, so do need take all these things into account before going ahead
I’m in the same situation as yourself by the sounds of it. I’ve never been in the financial situation to ever buy a brand new car, but I’m at that stage in life that I say f**k it! If you’re after a ‘sound’ financial investment then buying a new car would come way down the list 🤔. Life is too short, and far too short for some, so throw caution to the wind and get that nice shiny Emira on the drive and smile every time you drive it😀

Cljxc50

Reaction score
I am planning on keeping my car. But my response to this thread is based on the upcoming ICE age when these cars will be extinct. C8s, GT350Rs, Emiras, etc... All of these swan song cars will be worth a gazzlion dollars. Once production begins to slow these things will skyrocket IMO

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The residual value is irrelevant if you buy the car for cash, its also irrelevant if you are happy to pay a large monthly payment then a lower balloon as the value of the car will stay high on the early FE. I think it pretty safe to say that the lucky early depositors of the first 1,000 deliveries are in a fantastic position financially.......
After...
12 months all your money back
24 months 60k to 70k
36 months 50k to 60k
48 months 40k to 50k
(Condition and mileage obviously a factor)

With 1,000 uk cars in 2022 and if 1,000 per year there after second hand Emira's will be gold dust in the first 2 to 3 years. Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:
OP
C

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m in the same situation as yourself by the sounds of it. I’ve never been in the financial situation to ever buy a brand new car, but I’m at that stage in life that I say f**k it! If you’re after a ‘sound’ financial investment then buying a new car would come way down the list 🤔. Life is too short, and far too short for some, so throw caution to the wind and get that nice shiny Emira on the drive and smile every time you drive it😀
Haha Yep, shouldn’t really but don’t think I can help myself and haven’t been this excited about a car in a long time. Baked beans for dinner every night but will have my dream car 😝

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The GFV quoted by a finance company will always make sure they can get their money back if you decide not to make the balloon payment, so the actual value is always a fair bit higher.

OP
C

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The residual value is irrelevant if you buy the car for cash, its also irrelevant if you are happy to pay a large monthly payment then a lower balloon as the value of the car will stay high on the early FE. I think it pretty safe to say that the lucky early depositors of the first 1,000 deliveries are in a fantastic position financially.......
After...
12 months all your money back
24 months 60k to 70k
36 months 50k to 60k
48 months 40k to 50k
(Condition and mileage obviously a factor)

With 1,000 uk cars in 2022 and if 1,000 per year there after second hand Emira's will be gold dust in the first 2 to 3 years. Just my opinion of course.
Good break down 👍🏻. Is that all the U.K. allocation is? 1000 a year. Thought It was higher than that but good if it is that low as can definitely see demand outstripping supply.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
2022 UK production is 1000-1100 cars for 8 months production. Allocation could be higher in 2023 for a full year. Total of 4800-5000 worldwide in a full year.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
2022 UK production is 1000-1100 cars for 8 months production. Allocation could be higher in 2023 for a full year. Total of 4800-5000 worldwide in a full year.
TomE, any idea when First Edition 'ends' and becomes a Limited Edition? Or is this merely 2022 model year versus 2023?

Can you also verify 700 FE are destined for US.?
We are envious of all the sales activities elsewhere.
Thanks.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It looks like V6 First Edition will close very soon for UK. I’m assuming for other countries it will close shortly after the end of in-country roadshows, so sometime mid/late Dec for US.

It does also look like Lotus are trying to do all V6 FE build in 2022, so it’ll end up being Model Year 22 = V6 FE.

I haven’t heard an update on US allocation since Goodwood. Then it was 700 for 2022 but was assumed to have some i4 FE included. With the higher than expected demand I think that will now all be V6 FE.

I’m expecting the build plan for 2022 to be updated in January so that UK deposit holders can be given indicative individual delivery dates before placing third deposit. It would then be revised after deposits to take account of cancellations and final specs. US and other countries would get factored in then too.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It looks like V6 First Edition will close very soon for UK. I’m assuming for other countries it will close shortly after the end of in-country roadshows, so sometime mid/late Dec for US.

It does also look like Lotus are trying to do all V6 FE build in 2022, so it’ll end up being Model Year 22 = V6 FE.

I haven’t heard an update on US allocation since Goodwood. Then it was 700 for 2022 but was assumed to have some i4 FE included. With the higher than expected demand I think that will now all be V6 FE.

I’m expecting the build plan for 2022 to be updated in January so that UK deposit holders can be given indicative individual delivery dates before placing third deposit. It would then be revised after deposits to take account of cancellations and final specs. US and other countries would get factored in then too.
Anyone placing a deposit now is assumed to be filled in 2023 if not 2024, especially if the `opportunity ' is extended until mid December in US. Early adopters/enthusiasts have consumed the 700 US slots by a wide margin. It seems First Editions then include 2023 MY, especially if there is an i4 FE.
It would be helpful if Lotus defined what they mean by First Edition by kit and timing otherwise First has a very elastic meaning.
Maybe some clarity will come from the Las Vegas Dealer meeting. Your keen insight is always appreciated.
Thanks.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The same debate going on in uk, initially 600 uk fe cars now looks like 1200 uk fe cars but somebody has said anybody that wants an fe can have one, then the fe means nothing it's just the standard v6 car. I understand lotus have been overwhelmed by the response to the emira but it does need clarification put a number on it for uk and rest of the world cars and then go own spec with options.

Reaction score
The same debate going on in uk, initially 600 uk fe cars now looks like 1200 uk fe cars but somebody has said anybody that wants an fe can have one, then the fe means nothing it's just the standard v6 car. I understand lotus have been overwhelmed by the response to the emira but it does need clarification put a number on it for uk and rest of the world cars and then go own spec with options.
Worth saying that any V6 FE orders not locked in by the end of tomorrow won't get a V6 FE. Hopefully get an idea of how many have paid the extra deposit at some point soon.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

@TomE, I placed my first deposit on 8th November, after viewing Emira on Sunday (7th) evening. I guess receiving a phone call from Lotus asking me to finalise an FE car is unlikely to happen before COB tomorrow (12th). However, I did drop an email to Lotus customer care and will follow up with a call in the morning.

On Wednesday (3rd Nov) I was informed that Lotus had taken a total of 2,700 deposits. As such, how many of those do you think will translate to actual builds with deposit holders going through and locking in their order for a V6-engined FE car? Just trying to figure out where I am likely to be in the scheme of things.

OP
C

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@TomE, I placed my first deposit on 8th November, after viewing Emira on Sunday (7th) evening. I guess receiving a phone call from Lotus asking me to finalise an FE car is unlikely to happen before COB tomorrow (12th). However, I did drop an email to Lotus customer care and will follow up with a call in the morning.

On Wednesday (3rd Nov) I was informed that Lotus had taken a total of 2,700 deposits. As such, how many of those do you think will translate to actual builds with deposit holders going through and locking in their order for a V6-engined FE car? Just trying to figure out where I am likely to be in the scheme of things.
Have heard so many varying numbers for how many U.K. orders/deposits have been taken now. Was this from Lotus themselves?

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Have heard so many varying numbers for how many U.K. orders/deposits have been taken now. Was this from Lotus themselves?
Yes, and this figure was acknowledged by Lotus staff (including Head of Sales) who were in attendance at Duke of London when I went for the viewing on Sunday (7th).

@TXEMIRA, I assumed the 2,700 figure was the number of UK deposits placed.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Worth saying that any V6 FE orders not locked in by the end of tomorrow won't get a V6 FE. Hopefully get an idea of how many have paid the extra deposit at some point soon.
This isn’t quite the case. Lotus have got far enough through the UK deposits to have 2nd deposits and specs for about 6 months production. That’s enough to confirm with suppliers and schedule initial production.

They’re pausing the outbound calling for a few weeks, so if you had a later (Aug/Sep/Oct) deposit and haven’t been called yet, don’t worry. You should have got an email about this. They’re going to get to this next batch in Dec/Jan.

In the meantime I think if you try to place a new UK deposit after Friday you won’t be able to get a V6 FE and will go into the tail end of the i4 FE/own spec queue.

@Tommyboy1986 I think this translates to 500-600 V6 FE second deposits already paid, but still further V6 FE conversions to be resolved when they re-start calls in Dec/Jan.

@Lankan I believe it’s 2700 total UK deposits and that around 1000-1100 are expected to convert to V6 FE build orders. Deposits placed in Nov are likely to be at the end of that V6 FE run, so late 2022.

Last edited:

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This isn’t quite the case. Lotus have got far enough through the UK deposits to have 2nd deposits and specs for about 6 months production. That’s enough to confirm with suppliers and schedule initial production.

They’re pausing the outbound calling for a few weeks, so if you had a later (Aug/Sep/Oct) deposit and haven’t been called yet, don’t worry. You should have got an email about this. They’re going to get to this next batch in Dec/Jan.

In the meantime I think if you try to place a new UK deposit after Friday you won’t be able to get a V6 FE and will go into the tail end of the i4 FE/own spec queue.

@Tommyboy1986 I think this translates to 500-600 V6 FE second deposits already paid, but still further V6 FE conversions to be resolved when they re-start calls in Dec/Jan.

@Lankan I believe it’s 2700 total UK deposits and that around 1000-1100 are expected to convert to V6 FE build
orders. Deposits placed in Nov are likely to be at the end of that V6 FE run, so late 2022.
Super, good to know that TomE. Thanks. (y)

Was expecting to slip into 2023, but I will take late 2022. So, that means I should expect a call around Jan 2022?

Last edited: