• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Insurance UK

Just tried this myself (using a nominal start date of 10th August) as previous "estimates" on insurance were £350-400 using an Evora GT410 Sport valued at £85,000 as a marker. Changing the car to the Emira FE V6 manual returns offers from 7 or 8 companies at around £600-650. New vehicles with no history for the insurance companies to draw data on are always going to be overpriced for the first year to hedge their bets, I'm getting the same issue trying to get quotes for a motorcycle that I'm getting soon that is also new to the market.
I'm OK with the prices being quoted and pretty sure that they will come to more closely reflect the Evora quotes at renewal time.
Edit* this is with no tracker required which is just as well as I didn't spec one
Sounds about right I am getting £700ish for mine but had to add a recent speeding fine!

I was getting Evora quotes around £1800-£1900 and just tried for the Emira, about £2200. Current car is £1200 from the same company. So yep, bit more expensive but it's about what I expected it to be.

London post code and being under 30 does not make for cheap insurance 😅

£850ish on the street in London. If I swapped it out now I'd actually get an £8 refund over the Exige! Wasn't expecting that as it's worth £25k more.

I suppose the Emira is a somewhat more "sensible" car. Then again, I suppose almost everything is a more sensible car...

Cheapest online quote £720 - 9+ NCB garaged in NE Scotland. 6k miles and Leisure/commute.

got a quote of 1100 euros for UK RHD car, to drive in Spain and UK....
very good policy, pays price new plus 20/30% over its value.....
Bit more than an Elise of course, but not too bad.

Is anyone thinking about gap insurance? I got a fairly cheap policy on my Evora but that was 10 years ago. I don't know how standard or gap insurance would address a waiting list or possible premium over list price in the event of a total loss.

I tried compare the market, good postcode no accidents, claims, no points ,10 years no claims, over 50….. no provider would offer a quote 😭
If only you were on the right side of 50 and the Derwent valley like me 😉🤣
In all seriousness will let you know what I get quoted, shouldn't be too much difference.....

Is anyone thinking about gap insurance? I got a fairly cheap policy on my Evora but that was 10 years ago. I don't know how standard or gap insurance would address a waiting list or possible premium over list price in the event of a total loss.
I've only ever bothered on leases before as you can end up in negative equity.
When buying outright I've never bothered. At end of day they need to pay out the going rate and it should be easy to provide evidence of what that is.
If anyone did want it then the below are normally considered the best and you can normally find a 10 or 20% discount code online
"GAP Insurance | Car GAP Insurance & What Is GAP Insurance | ALA" https://www.ala.co.uk/gap-insurance...eM4BQ0yVSz1G_ZzzdGyg_e-4bv4Fq34BoCcVYQAvD_BwE

I guess if the car did get totalled or stolen they wouldn’t cover road tax or delivery charges so you’d be 3 grand down straight away with/without gap?

I guess if the car did get totalled or stolen they wouldn’t cover road tax or delivery charges so you’d be 3 grand down straight away with/without gap?
I'm not 100% gap even covers that does it?
I just figure how many write offs have I had in 28 years. Zero.
I've always seen it as scare mongering by dealers to gain some extra commission.

I'm not 100% gap even covers that does it?
I just figure how many write offs have I had in 28 years. Zero.
I've always seen it as scare mongering by dealers to gain some extra commission.
I’ve never had it either and surely they have to pay out to put you back in a position to buy another.

Tried to get a quote today from a local broker. The Emira is not even on the system. He suggested calling in September, when the new reg starts and new cars get added, to see if Emira is listed.

Tried to get a quote today from a local broker. The Emira is not even on the system. He suggested calling in September, when the new reg starts and new cars get added, to see if Emira is listed.
Try Compare the Market
My cheapest quote was £780
To put into perspective a 981 Spyder of similar value was £570 and an Emira Gt410 £440!
8000 miles
Driveway
Social and Commute

Last edited:
Admiral appear to want around 350 for mine! On drive, 4K miles

160 for the remainder of the year adding as multicar to existing policy

Try Compare the Market
My cheapest quote was £780
To put into perspective a 981 Spyder of similar value was £570 and an Emira Gt410 £440!
8000 miles
Driveway
Social and Commute
Thank you for the information.👍

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back