EMIRA in Bay Area CA.

Jdmc21

Reaction score
I am new to the forum. Placed my order with Boardwalk on 2/21. Last communication 3/22. However, Kyle did tell me over the phone that it could be end of '22, or early '23 before I can spec my I4 Base
Interesting. I put my deposit in at Los Gatos in September for an I4. They’ve generally been responsive when I’ve reached out to ask a question. No complaints we know the world is uncertain and Lotus has been…slow…in doling out information.

One of the conflicting data points is that the last dealer communication said that the target was to start producing the I4s in March ‘23. I’ve seen it listed in this forum as possibly as early as Dec ‘22.

However, we know that for the US Lotus configurator it lists the availability date of the I4 FE to be “Winter ‘23/‘24.”

I am 14th in line for the I4.

Naturally, we can be certain of very little, but if Lotus is going to start producing I4s in Q1 ‘23, it implies that they won’t be shipping to the US for a full year later.

Also, while I don’t know if I’ll get an I4 FE, it stands to reason that I would if Los Gatos gets the same 22 I4 FEs allocated as they did V6 FEs. Also, there are many V6s deposits ahead of me that could change their minds to the I4. Not sure if Los Gatos would let those jump in line on a drivetrain switch.

All of this to same I’m surprised at the possibility of speccing out a base I4 in early ‘23 for delivery ~6 months later. That would be awesome though.

Guidance from Los Gatos when I placed my deposit was that I’d likely get a car sooner by ordering an I4, as there were 65 deposits for the V6 already, despite the later production start date for the I4s. This was in September, and we know much has changed since then.

Naturally I want the car as quickly as possible, like just about everybody else. I wanted the I4 from the beginning. At this point I would be happily surprised to get the car by the end of 2023.

Bay Area Emira meetup is a must!

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hello guys.
I live in Folsom, CA, and placed a deposit on an Emira with Mike from SF Lotus at the Quail event last August. He was not sure at the time about the number of cars that his dealership would get under allocation. I don't think anybody knew how many cars would be ordered. Surprise, they got many more orders than they expected. Along with all the supply chain nightmares (I know, I own a manufacturing company), one must give Lotus some slack. I was told that I "might" make the list for an FE in 2022. Mike and SF Lotus have been great in updating me and crossing their fingers for me.

Well, I got the "Call" on Monday (6/20). One customer backed out last week and I was next. I promptly confirmed my order with Mike and we submitted my final order on Monday evening. And, yesterday Lotus confirmed that my car was on order. My expected delivery is early December 2022. I'd be glad to show it to any of you at Folsom C+C someday.

I have been following the progress of the Emira over the past year. I used to work for a high-end car audio company and I still have some pretty good industry ties. My contacts have confirmed that the new KEF audio system will be quite good. It comes standard on the FE cars and I would have ordered it anyway. I made a post about the technology of the system in another thread, so you can search for it if you are interested. Do not worry, KEF is indeed a high-quality company with tremendous engineering talents. And they will not be going this alone, two other industry powerhouse companies will be assisting. Combined, they have many hundreds of high-end OEM stereo systems under their belts.

I have a 2017 Evora in perfect condition, 18K miles, stick, dark grey with black leather. It will be coming up for sale soon. I will post it on the Lotus forum in a few weeks.

Cheers,

Glenn
Count me in on that offer! I live in Roseville and am itching to see one in the flesh. My deposit is with Boardwalk last December. I assume I’m much later in their queue. Excited nonetheless!

khamai

Reaction score
Lotus will be showing in Monterey during Car Week. Expect to see the Emira, Evija and possibly Eletre. Dealers are scheduled to receive demo cars around November (rumor & subject to production delays).

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus will be showing in Monterey during Car Week. Expect to see the Emira, Evija and possibly Eletre. Dealers are scheduled to receive demo cars around November (rumor & subject to production delays).
How do you know this to be true? Also, do you have any specifics on when and where they will have the showing? Might have to plan a strategic getaway with the wife ~ “Let’s vacation in Carmel… What? There’s a car show happening? I guess we should pop in and see what’s in there!”

khamai

Reaction score
How do you know this to be true? Also, do you have any specifics on when and where they will have the showing? Might have to plan a strategic getaway with the wife ~ “Let’s vacation in Carmel… What? There’s a car show happening? I guess we should pop in and see what’s in there!”
Monterey Car Week - Aug 16-21. Expect Lotus to have a stand at the Quail show (sold out) and possibly at Pebble on Saturday-Sunday. IF Bay Area dealer visits happen it will be the following week (big maybe).

Note: Lotus has shown at The Quail for the intro of the Evija (2019) and Emira (2021).

Kiyoshi

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Monterey Car Week - Aug 16-21. Expect Lotus to have a stand at the Quail show (sold out) and possibly at Pebble on Saturday-Sunday. IF Bay Area dealer visits happen it will be the following week (big maybe).

Note: Lotus has shown at The Quail for the intro of the Evija (2019) and Emira (2021).

Kiyoshi
Sorry for another stupid question. Funny, I lived in Carmel years ago but never attended these events

Since the Quail show is sold out, is there even a potential way to visit, see and sit in the Emira?!

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Really?! So we won’t get to test drive it until November? Dealer told me August or September or demos. November is really late when cars are already being delivered. Boy this timeline is terrible…

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Really?! So we won’t get to test drive it until November? Dealer told me August or September or demos. November is really late when cars are already being delivered. Boy this timeline is terrible…

There's zero chance Lotus delivering Emiras to US customers before October. UK V6 manual July deliveries are being pushed to October now. US Emiras need to be shipped and then get through the port certification process and then to the dealers for prep and delivery. I really doubt early customers will even get theirs this year.

I'm scheduled for a November delivery, but expecting March at this point.

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There's zero chance Lotus delivering Emiras to US customers before October. UK V6 manual July deliveries are being pushed to October now. US Emiras need to be shipped and then get through the port certification process and then to the dealers for prep and delivery. I really doubt early customers will even get theirs this year.

I'm scheduled for a November delivery, but expecting March at this point.
For sure. I meant UK deliveries. Lotus needs to get demos to dealers worldwide. If it’s true we won’t see demos until November, then that’s just terrible. Didn’t Tom say that dealer demos have finished production? Or was that UK only?

haaaake

Reaction score
My Emira order was made with Mike from Lotus SF, put in deposit and order was confirmed 07-16-2021. On May 20th 2022 I was asked to finalize my spec and submit it and the order was accepted. He told me Lotus said to expect the car to arrive around November-December of 2022. I agree with others and wouldn't be surprised if the first US deliveries are in 2023 but maybe we will get lucky.

Mike has been very responsive to any questions I have had, and provides updates whenever they are available.

For anyone thinking a dealer isn't being responsive, there likely isn't much to tell you until you come up in the queue. Hopefully they will be able to have dealer demos this year but you can't really expect to be first in line to get a car that is going to be a bit limited especially with the current state of the world.

khamai

Reaction score
Sorry for another stupid question. Funny, I lived in Carmel years ago but never attended these events

Since the Quail show is sold out, is there even a potential way to visit, see and sit in the Emira?!
Hopefully Lotus will show at Pebble, but that's not a given. Other than that check with any/all of the Bay Area dealers.

Kiyoshi

Nymare

Reaction score
Hello guys.
I live in Folsom, CA, and placed a deposit on an Emira with Mike from SF Lotus at the Quail event last August. He was not sure at the time about the number of cars that his dealership would get under allocation. I don't think anybody knew how many cars would be ordered. Surprise, they got many more orders than they expected. Along with all the supply chain nightmares (I know, I own a manufacturing company), one must give Lotus some slack. I was told that I "might" make the list for an FE in 2022. Mike and SF Lotus have been great in updating me and crossing their fingers for me.

Well, I got the "Call" on Monday (6/20). One customer backed out last week and I was next. I promptly confirmed my order with Mike and we submitted my final order on Monday evening. And, yesterday Lotus confirmed that my car was on order. My expected delivery is early December 2022. I'd be glad to show it to any of you at Folsom C+C someday.

I have been following the progress of the Emira over the past year. I used to work for a high-end car audio company and I still have some pretty good industry ties. My contacts have confirmed that the new KEF audio system will be quite good. It comes standard on the FE cars and I would have ordered it anyway. I made a post about the technology of the system in another thread, so you can search for it if you are interested. Do not worry, KEF is indeed a high-quality company with tremendous engineering talents. And they will not be going this alone, two other industry powerhouse companies will be assisting. Combined, they have many hundreds of high-end OEM stereo systems under their belts.

I have a 2017 Evora in perfect condition, 18K miles, stick, dark grey with black leather. It will be coming up for sale soon. I will post it on the Lotus forum in a few weeks.

Cheers,

Glenn
I live in the Lake Tahoe basin, If any Ncal peops get their car, I would love to see one in the flesh.
I am on the wait list with Boardwalk like many, but not in the FE window.
Heck.........any FE people, how about free room and board at my house around Tahoe if you drive your new Emira 😀

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I live in the Lake Tahoe basin, If any Ncal peops get their car, I would love to see one in the flesh.
I am on the wait list with Boardwalk like many, but not in the FE window.
Heck.........any FE people, how about free room and board at my house around Tahoe if you drive your new Emira 😀
LOL, driving the Emira to Tahoe in December/January? Theoretically the earliest times we’ll see US deliveries.

If you’re in with Boardwalk, Tom I believe ordered a DV demo car for the dealership and it should arrive in the first batch of cars along with mine and several others. That is unless they specced their demo car in a way that has even more delays.

Last edited:

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score
LOL, driving the Emira to Tahoe in December/January? Theoretically the earliest times we’ll see US deliveries.

If you’re in with Boardwalk, Tom I believe ordered a DV demo car for the dealership and it should arrive in the first batch of cars along with mine and several others. That is unless they specced their demo car in a way that has even more delays.
Yep. I just talked to Tom at Boardwalk on Saturday. I am #4 at boardwalk so in the first shipment of FE's. Tom is #1 due to dealer privilege, two are from TX and then me. He said scheduled for October but to expect November for the first shipment.

They will ship to the Port of Baltimore where they have to get CARB certified and that is likely one big bottle neck based on Evora GT experience. After that they are on a closed transport truck out to Boardwalk.

Let's get a Boardwalk first shipment list going and get a drive scheduled. I personally am going to try and take my FE V6 manual to get PPF'ed immediately since I plan to track it and drive it every weekend in the Santa Cruz mountains.

Anyone have a favorite PPF shop/ guy/gal?

Bonus: I am driving EMIRA on track at Hethel in September. Making a special trip there on the way back from a business trip. Can't wait and will obviously report back. Would appreciate any UK local insight and would personally like to meet the most active UK guys in the forum if possible.

Thanks in advance.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Bonus: I am driving EMIRA on track at Hethel in September. Making a special trip there on the way back from a business trip. Can't wait and will obviously report back. Would appreciate any UK local insight and would personally like to meet the most active UK guys in the forum if possible.
Let me know what other info you need. Bird in Hand at Wreningham is a good place to stay near Hethel - a nice pub with decent, modern bedrooms and is the local pub for factory staff and local Lotus enthusiasts. If you can do the Classic Team Lotus tour and factory tour as part of the same trip they are both very worthwhile, but timings versus LDA dates often don't align. There are active Lotus owners groups in Norfolk and I can put you in touch. Several Norfolk-based folks on here too.

I'm down south of London, about 3 hours from Hethel but close to Heathrow and Gatwick airports if you're travelling via either of them. I might have my Emira in September, otherwise the Exige will be in use.

Maybe start a thread in the UK regional forum if there are other questions about your trip you'd like input on.

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yep. I just talked to Tom at Boardwalk on Saturday. I am #4 at boardwalk so in the first shipment of FE's. Tom is #1 due to dealer privilege, two are from TX and then me. He said scheduled for October but to expect November for the first shipment.

They will ship to the Port of Baltimore where they have to get CARB certified and that is likely one big bottle neck based on Evora GT experience. After that they are on a closed transport truck out to Boardwalk.

Let's get a Boardwalk first shipment list going and get a drive scheduled. I personally am going to try and take my FE V6 manual to get PPF'ed immediately since I plan to track it and drive it every weekend in the Santa Cruz mountains.

Anyone have a favorite PPF shop/ guy/gal?

Thanks in advance.
I’m in the first shipment as well didn’t know they still thought November — should give a call to find out which res number I am.

If you’re willing to drive to far east bay for ppf — Vince at Omega Werks in Pleasanton does great work. Personal friends of mine who has been doing this for a long time and experience doing completely custom ppf work without templates (Emira won’t have one) on exotics. He does all the work for another friends’ collection which includes a couple Paganis among other things.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello I'm new here just want to see if anyone is from Bay area California it would be nice to keep in touch with any updates so we're not always in the dark waiting ..
February 2022 put my deposit with Los Gatos dealership which is a horrible dealership no updates at all or whatsoever after they took my deposit.

March 22,2022 got my email from lotus about the one step closer to Emira .
I am not here to defend any stealership....but what can you expect ?

A phone call every 4 weeks or so to let you know nothing has changed and there is no new info yet ?

The stealership wants to and needs to move metal to make money. They will call you as soon as they have the ability to enter an order or take delivery.

I had a girlfriend years ago that would also complain that I did not phone call her daily.

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Let me know what other info you need. Bird in Hand at Wreningham is a good place to stay near Hethel - a nice pub with decent, modern bedrooms and is the local pub for factory staff and local Lotus enthusiasts. If you can do the Classic Team Lotus tour and factory tour as part of the same trip they are both very worthwhile, but timings versus LDA dates often don't align. There are active Lotus owners groups in Norfolk and I can put you in touch. Several Norfolk-based folks on here too.

I'm down south of London, about 3 hours from Hethel but close to Heathrow and Gatwick airports if you're travelling via either of them. I might have my Emira in September, otherwise the Exige will be in use.

Maybe start a thread in the UK regional forum if there are other questions about your trip you'd like input on.
This is fantastic thank you! Yes flying out of Heathrow. Would love to meet you! Especially if you have your Emira by then! Let's talk via PM.

RiceYummy

Reaction score
I have a deposit with Boardwalk Lotus in RWC beginning of September. Communication has been sparse to none, especially in the last 4-5 months. Once I reached out, Tom was very apologetic and gave me all the info I’ve gathered on here. Nothing else since then. I go back and forth on Emira vs GT4. At first I was 100% Emira, but with the communication and terrible marketing, I’ve started losing interest. It will be a year before the second batch of the V6 goes into production. As of now, I’m lukewarm on the prospect of having an Emira.
I'm on the same boat with you. Markups on GT4 I've called around for are at around $25K. Lotus dealer here in Socal wants $20K over for FE Emira. Both cars are unknown waiting game. But looked at as a percentage of MSRP, the Porsche markup is actually more reasonable.

OP
K

Krisjc21

Reaction score
I am not here to defend any stealership....but what can you expect ?

A phone call every 4 weeks or so to let you know nothing has changed and there is no new info yet ?

The stealership wants to and needs to move metal to make money. They will call you as soon as they have the ability to enter an order or take delivery.

I had a girlfriend years ago that would also complain that I did not phone call her daily.
making a smart ass remark/comparison about a girl about how she felt. Must have left you feeling really bitter because you still harbor about it till now on a lotus Emira forum even tho it was years ago .she must have left you really scarred I'm sorry it happend to you .. Oh and just to FYI I'm a girl ☺️

.anyways the fact that they called and emailed me daily till they were sure I made the deposit to their dealership then when I finally did no one even called or emailed me to confirm they received it . Till a few days later I found they have already cashed my check and I called to get some info about it placements and all other stuff

Last edited: