• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Engine / gearbox mounts Upgrade

OP
EFE

EFE

Reaction score
Engine mounts now fitted and I can confirm it is a dramatic improvement. Crisp and tight gearchange, heal and toe braking vastly improved with less engine movement and an all together more connected experience. Sharpens it up for not much money and about 4 hours fitting.😁😄

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Engine mounts now fitted and I can confirm it is a dramatic improvement. Crisp and tight gearchange, heal and toe braking vastly improved with less engine movement and an all together more connected experience. Sharpens it up for not much money and about 4 hours fitting.😁😄
But do you notice more noise and vibration? Just curious.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I can’t help but question a dramatic increase in feel for shifter, clutch, braking and throttle — it’s not like these controls are directly connected to the engine via linkages. These are all cable, hydraulic, and electronically controlled — none are mechanical linkages.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I can’t help but question a dramatic increase in feel for shifter, clutch, braking and throttle — it’s not like these controls are directly connected to the engine via linkages. These are all cable, hydraulic, and electronically controlled — none are mechanical linkages.
I’ve done on previous lotus. I could never feel a throttle or brake difference. Shifting was significantly better. Stock engine has a lot of fore and aft movement which translates to rotation. That changes the linkage geometry between acceleration and deceleration. The reduced changes in the geometry makes the shifting feel more predictable and tighter.

OP
EFE

EFE

Reaction score
But do you notice more noise and vibration? Just curious.
I have not noticed any difference, and I have installed the stiffer black inserts rather than the softer yellow ones.

OP
EFE

EFE

Reaction score

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Any pictures of them installed, or any part of the installation process? Are you going to do a write-up of the procedure/process?

OP
EFE

EFE

Reaction score
Any pictures of them installed, or any part of the installation process? Are you going to do a write-up of the procedure/process?
They are almost impossible to see installed as they are black and insert into the gaps of the existing engine/gearbox mount. The engine/gearbox mounts where they are fitted are tucked up quite high under the rear sub frame. There is an exploded view that I posted earlier in this thread.