• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Car Covers

I finally got around to taking my cheap one from Amazon out of the package, and it turns out it fits OK. Should be fine for casual/intermittent use. It's super soft, so no concern about the paint.

I wouldn't use it long term to keep dust sealed out, but for occasional use in a semi-protected space where you want to keep stuff from blowing onto the car, it should work fine.

1000035015.jpg

It's this WinPower one, in the M - Sports Car size. Was $104 after coupon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082SMVH6T

Last edited:
Question for this group. I plan to get my car fully wrapped and it will be garaged. However, I have a cat that loves to sit on cars. My last car, when he tried to jump off, he sort of slid down instead with claws out and scratched the paint pretty badly 🤬. That sucked.

Maybe the PPF is enough, but I’m also wondering if an indoor cover from Lotus might be a good consideration. But maybe it will attract the cat even more because it’s soft and warm? Not sure if others have some opinion on this from experience.

Also, can you put these covers on a car that is a little dirty? It looks like a tight fit, and I imagine dirt particles sticking to it easily potentially marring the paint (or film in this case).

Question for this group. I plan to get my car fully wrapped and it will be garaged. However, I have a cat that loves to sit on cars. My last car, when he tried to jump off, he sort of slid down instead with claws out and scratched the paint pretty badly 🤬. That sucked.

Maybe the PPF is enough, but I’m also wondering if an indoor cover from Lotus might be a good consideration. But maybe it will attract the cat even more because it’s soft and warm? Not sure if others have some opinion on this from experience.

Also, can you put these covers on a car that is a little dirty? It looks like a tight fit, and I imagine dirt particles sticking to it easily potentially marring the paint (or film in this case).
This is the cover I am using. It's made for the Evora but fits the Emira like a glove. It is definitely not for outside use and probably won't do much to stop a motivated cat, but it's soft, stretch and keeps the dust off. I'd probably look to address the problem with the cat rather than with the car. Emira Indoor Car Cover
IMG_0560 (1).jpg

I can’t speak to the cat concern haha but generally animals like soft things. experience on the dust particles, the car should be completely clean before putting the cover on. Any dirt or dust will be dragged across the car if it’s not clean. One of the crappy parts about using a car cover