Emira Car Covers

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Carcover.ca cover arrived ++quickly w/o any ship charge, as promised. Looks good: one thick layer with a softer underside which contacts the car. Drawstring carry pouch and straps to hold down either end, with elastic edging. True test will be how it fits the Emira, once I get my wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_0965.jpeg
    IMG_0965.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0966.jpeg
    IMG_0966.jpeg
    415.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0968.jpeg
    IMG_0968.jpeg
    421 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Lotus indoor car cover is 10% off at the factory if it's in stock. It was not.

Logoman

Reaction score
Agree with all that has been said about the outdoor cover. Very fiddly to get the mirrors into the pockets, and need to be careful if PPF'd. Here is a picture of mine on the car. First time on so a little creased!!View attachment 26885
I don't know how you got that over the mirrors - mine definitely won't go over the mirrors, but mine looks a LOT tighter that that. Really unhappy with it.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Anyone know if a Evora GT car cover will fit? I know the Emira is a bit wider, however the overall dimensions are similar so I was planning on trying it out before forking over another chunk of cash on a cover

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Anyone know if a Evora GT car cover will fit? I know the Emira is a bit wider, however the overall dimensions are similar so I was planning on trying it out before forking over another chunk of cash on a cover
I’m planning on the same idea

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone else have a US market indoor cover option that they can recommend?

My dealer quoted over $800 for the Lotus LOTAC05626 which I find absurd.

Even at $629 on lotuspartsonline.com I think it's way too high compared to the £335/$450 price in the UK.

I'd love to find a temporary/cheap US option that's decent while I wait on the UK one to come back in stock. Thoughts anyone?

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does anyone else have a US market indoor cover option that they can recommend?

My dealer quoted over $800 for the Lotus LOTAC05626 which I find absurd.

Even at $629 on lotuspartsonline.com I think it's way too high compared to the £335/$450 price in the UK.

I'd love to find a temporary/cheap US option that's decent while I wait on the UK one to come back in stock. Thoughts anyone?
Call me crazy, but try and find a used lotus evora one, should be $300, and you can resell it once done with it.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Call me crazy, but try and find a used lotus evora one, should be $300, and you can resell it once done with it.
I mean, I'm going to get the official Lotus one for the Emira. I was talking about a stretchy one to use temporarily, that's genuinely inexpensive.

I ended up ordering one off of Amazon for under $100. When it gets in I'll let you know whether it's decent, or garbage.

308tr6

Reaction score
I mean, I'm going to get the official Lotus one for the Emira. I was talking about a stretchy one to use temporarily, that's genuinely inexpensive.

I ended up ordering one off of Amazon for under $100. When it gets in I'll let you know whether it's decent, or garbage.
To me the cheap loose fitting ones are better at least for inside garage protection. Any car will have a certain amount of dust on it and pulling tight fitting covers just rub grit into your paint (kinda like scribbling "wash me" on a dusty car). So a light loose cover makes sense. Obviously they don't look real cool and have Lotus logos embossed, but for me it keeps my cats paw prints off the car and lets me spend the remaining $700 on something of value. Just my .02

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
To me the cheap loose fitting ones are better at least for inside garage protection. Any car will have a certain amount of dust on it and pulling tight fitting covers just rub grit into your paint (kinda like scribbling "wash me" on a dusty car). So a light loose cover makes sense. Obviously they don't look real cool and have Lotus logos embossed, but for me it keeps my cats paw prints off the car and lets me spend the remaining $700 on something of value. Just my .02
Oh man, I'm not paying $800 for anything! I'm going to order the official one from the UK for just over $400, and have it shipped overseas. The lowest US prices don't make any sense either, they are in the mid $600s. Insane.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh man, I'm not paying $800 for anything! I'm going to order the official one from the UK for just over $400, and have it shipped overseas. The lowest US prices don't make any sense either, they are in the mid $600s. Insane.
I've got a CoverCraft stretchy indoor cover for my other car, and it was 550 or so, great quality and fit, made in US. If you stop by a fabric store and price out fabric you may be surprised just how expensive that stuff is. There aren't always chances to buy American for every product, but this is one.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've got a CoverCraft stretchy indoor cover for my other car, and it was 550 or so, great quality and fit, made in US. If you stop by a fabric store and price out fabric you may be surprised just how expensive that stuff is. There aren't always chances to buy American for every product, but this is one.
Premium-Car Cover. Uses a stretchy fabric.
Screenshot_20240314-141920_Chrome.jpg

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Carcover.ca cover arrived ++quickly w/o any ship charge, as promised. Looks good: one thick layer with a softer underside which contacts the car. Drawstring carry pouch and straps to hold down either end, with elastic edging. True test will be how it fits the Emira, once I get my wheels.
I received the same black satin cover. The stretched material fits perfectly. Similar to Lotus reveal item perhaps, but without the logo. Perfect for indoor dust protection. About $159.00. Carcover.com.
20240318_160640.jpg

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I ordered the actual cover from lotus … wayyyy too expensive but I’ll let you know when it arrives if it’s worth it. I don’t which one will show up first, the cover or the car ?!😂

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts