Emira already selling on eBay, of course

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hilarious for-sale listings pop up every few weeks.

Love the cheek in this one, apparently they can send it parcel post and Cash On Delivery.

1649191716900.png

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I searched for the seller, "alwynrm" on this forum and no luck. I could have talked him down!

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hilarious for-sale listings pop up every few weeks.

Love the cheek in this one, apparently they can send it parcel post and Cash On Delivery.

View attachment 4324
What a load of BS..... Due to a change of circumstances, I am looking to sell my car, which is due to be delivered in August 2022...... He is not locked in till 30Days before and pays his money etc.... the car has not been built yet, dont know about road tax, its not transferable ?. Whos name would go on first log book....

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
He'll have to pay the full balance to Lotus 30 days before delivery to the dealer. Lotus will register the car in his name. So the ebay buyer will be the second registered owner. Presumably his "change of circumstances" still enable him to fund £70k for 30 days?

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Probably someone who hasn’t actually placed a deposit, If he had I think he would be setting the starting bid a little bit higher than 80 K. If you have the manual that’s just about breakeven

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
He'll have to pay the full balance to Lotus 30 days before delivery to the dealer. Lotus will register the car in his name. So the ebay buyer will be the second registered owner. Presumably his "change of circumstances" still enable him to fund £70k for 30 days?
Hi Tom..... as understand it, he does not have to commit to the buying of the car yet. He could just get his deposit back ?

Uk car tax can not be transfered ?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes he could just get his deposit back. But if he’s trying to do this flip he will need to become the owner (and pay) before he can sell it.

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
As you say a complete 'flipper'. If you google the ebay username it seems to align to some other forums etc so if I could be arsed Im sure you could find who it was to an extent, not that someone hasnt the right to do this but its annoying.
As you say the £5k+ deposit can be reclaimed now if circumstances had changed.

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
There will always be that ‘one person’ who never had any intention of wanting an Emira but does want to make a quick buck 😕

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There will always be that ‘one person’ who never had any intention of wanting an Emira but does want to make a quick buck 😕
There was a couple of people trying to sell on the forums wonder if they have managed ? Wonder if any people who have Junes deliveries end up selling genuinely if they are not happy with how the car rides/ performs ? as they maybe not get chance to test drive before taking delivery

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Guys

This is going to happen, it is rife in Porsche world, people were also doing it with GR Yaris.

We got our GR Yaris last March and it reached as high as £36,000 on WBAC for a car with a few thousand miles that I paid £33,500 for brand new, I still own the GR Yaris and even now with 10k miles I can still probably get what I paid back for it.

The new GT3 is fetching 200k plus been flipped.

The Emira, it is fair to say will probably fetch 90-100k for those who decide to sell this year for those getting early Summer deliveries.

Mine arrives in June, I won't be making a decision to sell it until I've driven an AMG one at which point if I prefer the AMG then I shall sell the V6 FE and order an AMG base car in vivid red.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I dont mind saying I've already spoken to a couple of people about resale.
Hey if I don't like the Emira for any reason, it's gone. I don't think that's unreasonable at all considering we have ordered blind and it is unlikely that we will get test drives before June.
Like Gibbo above I also have my GR that I could have flipped many times in the last year, but I like driving and I like the car and that's what it's all about.
You won't stop people trying to make a quick buck tho, that's life! Still waiting on my call for my Rolex Explorer to wear, 4 years and counting, probably never happen...

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey if I don't like the Emira for any reason, it's gone. I don't think that's unreasonable at all considering we have ordered blind and it is unlikely that we will get test drives before June.
Like Gibbo above I also have my GR that I could have flipped many times in the last year, but I like driving and I like the car and that's what it's all about.
You won't stop people trying to make a quick buck tho, that's life! Still waiting on my call for my Rolex Explorer to wear, 4 years and counting, probably never happen...
Been on a waiting list for a Rolex submariner for 3+years, can’t ever see that arriving either 🤨

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Been on a waiting list for a Rolex submariner for 3+years, can’t ever see that arriving either 🤨
Rolex is like Ferrari and Porsche now. You have to have previous buys to get the good stuff. I got a GMT 2 (Batman model) six years ago. Paid $8400. Had a resell site over me $19000 for it last month. Just got an Explorer 2. Took a year and I am a multi buy customer. Was told if I had come off the street it would take 5 years to get one.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You can see why there’s a market for crypto and NFTs!

Quite a few people with money to invest and limited places to put it. I’m in PE/VC and the demand for quality investments is huge. A lot of US money flowing into European growth tech.

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Will be loads of car sales firms & flippers…. hard to police for the top marques let alone Lotus

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I got mine pretty quickly (less than a year). Maybe I just got lucky. Make sure the dealer knows you're flexible. If you have one specific model you want and that's it, then it may take a while.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sounds like you have some time on your hands.....
You are on a Watch List?