• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

ECU Tune

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Of course we are getting ahead of ourselves here, and most everyone won't even want to tune. With that said, I am curious to see what kind of flash tunes/piggybacks come out for this car. I am not super familiar with the Toyota V6 being used here and I wonder what its capable of. I would assume you can get this thing to 475 or so?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This will give you an idea of what's been done for the same Toyota V6 in the Evora. There are limited options and they are relatively expensive. A couple of other tuners have tackled it with changes to induction, headers etc.

OP
S

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This will give you an idea of what's been done for the same Toyota V6 in the Evora. There are limited options and they are relatively expensive. A couple of other tuners have tackled it with changes to induction, headers etc.
Thanks for that. I am completely new to the world of Lotus. That is way more expensive than I would have imagined (or hoped for).

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I am completely new to the world of Lotus. That is way more expensive than I would have imagined (or hoped for).
Very little aftermarket support for Lotus. Also, the manual transmission is the weak point when getting closer to 500hp. The cost of mods and tunes for Lotus just isn't worth it IMO. Your money is better spent on tries, brakes, and seat time at the track. Save your Lotus warranty and get a cheap tuner car for the modding fun!

Last edited:

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Turbocharged cars are "naturally" an easier car to modify if you are looking for bigger bhp,you'll find a turbo model easily boasting more HP gains by "tuning" over an NA engine anyway,thus an I4 may be the better tuner.

But, I'm not really sure Lotus is the brand to be doing that with,if this Is your bag why not buy a 911 T , a simple ECU remap will send that over 500.

Horses for courses and all that..

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Turbocharged cars are "naturally" an easier car to modify if you are looking for bigger bhp,you'll find a turbo model easily boasting more HP gains by "tuning" over an NA engine anyway,thus an I4 may be the better tuner.

But, I'm not really sure Lotus is the brand to be doing that with,if this Is your bag why not buy a 911 T , a simple ECU remap will send that over 500.

or a 2.5t Cayman!

Donal Lawless

Reaction score
The assumption here is that they haven't done anything new with the Toyota engine for the Emira, surely they'll have updated what they can as they may have uprated versions planned for the future and getting the engine ready for them now makes more sense ?

OP
S

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Supercharged is not NA though. I thought you would be able to send more boost

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Are these for UK cars only? Probably can't do much in the states since they do tuning of your car as part of it...

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Expect similar to what is available now:

430HP via a remap - £1500ish
EX475 kit, high flow cats, intake, smaller pulley around 475HP - £5000-6000

More is possible but it gets very expensive fast.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Expect similar to what is available now:

430HP via a remap - £1500ish
EX475 kit, high flow cats, intake, smaller pulley around 475HP - £5000-6000

More is possible but it gets very expensive fast.
Chatting to one of the Lotus engineetrs he thought the main issue was transmission, i.e it can't take much more torque

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1644947027829.png

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There is always ways around the gear issues cryo treating shafts. making hardened gears its . It's all about what your willing to spend .

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well i just bought a gla45 amg for my daily while i wait for my emira . It's a 2015 so it's 355hp damn turbo comes on like a freight train. But the trans is the weak spot for it i hope the trans tune is way faster shifting and the daily mode is less jerky we can hope lotus tweeks it. The gas pedal is so mushy to . Tuning it to 435 is just a obd2 port module plug and play for 1700.00 u.s.

Singularity

Reaction score
Well i just bought a gla45 amg for my daily while i wait for my emira . It's a 2015 so it's 355hp damn turbo comes on like a freight train. But the trans is the weak spot for it i hope the trans tune is way faster shifting and the daily mode is less jerky we can hope lotus tweeks it. The gas pedal is so mushy to . Tuning it to 435 is just a obd2 port module plug and play for 1700.00 u.s.
Hi,

I run a 2017 version of this motor, so very similar with a bit of an update. I almost always immediately stick it in sport mode as a minimum when driving. This tightens the throttle and speed up the gear responses dramatically and although it turns off some of the eco things like coasting I find it has no measurable impact on general economy. If I fancy a spirited run I'll use sport plus mode if the roods are smooth or, for the typical and usually rough British B road, I have a custom mode set up with tight throttle and gears but the softer suspension. I find race mode a bit too brutal to use regularly but OK for a bit of fun.

Quite often I'll just take full manual control either permanently by setting the box to manual or by overriding, and since the override holds for quite a while I usually find it stays in manual from corner to corner as I'm changing gears often enough.

I agree the standard mode is slushy; it's like there's an elastic band in the throttle link and the gears seem to be half asleep. Try some of the other modes / manual and you'll find a more responsive drive.

Hope this helps.