If only they did this colour šŸ™

Attachments

• 4CF7A5FF-C1F5-4F23-8CEA-2E3D711E78A5.png
    4CF7A5FF-C1F5-4F23-8CEA-2E3D711E78A5.png
    265.4 KB · Views: 310

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I actually contacted Lotus and asked how much to have my Emira painted in the bespoke "Verde Ithica" that's offered on the Evora GT and was told there's just no way at this time. I referenced the New Dawn video where Lotus talks about their new high tech paint shop in the new Hethel facility that's superposed one of the best in the world and got no response. I suppose all we can do is wait and see what is offered in the future.

verde.jpg

OP
Daz

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I actually contacted Lotus and asked how much to have my Emira painted in the bespoke "Verde Ithica" that's offered on the Evora GT and was told there's just no way at this time. I referenced the New Dawn video where Lotus talks about their new high tech paint shop in the new Hethel facility that's superposed one of the best in the world and got no response. I suppose all we can do is wait and see what is offered in the future.

View attachment 1063
Makes me wonder whether to go with the FE or wait it out for more colour choices, I really like the blue but would be gutted if a lime green became available

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I would love chrome orange , but too impatient to wait potentially 12 months longer for bigger selection of colours.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Makes me wonder whether to go with the FE or wait it out for more colour choices, I really like the blue but would be gutted if a lime green became available

I've decided to wait. As much as I don't want to, it's the smarter move. I'll wait for the interior to get more refined, more power, carbon exterior options, more paint options, and initial bugs to get worked out. Plus it'll be good to read/watch reviews during the initial rollout.

Reactions: DJW

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
We know there should be some shade of light green coming along soon, itā€™s on the GT4 after allā€¦ā€¦

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Iā€™m over here having the ungoshly inability to select from just 6 colors.

Imagine if the FE was offered in a dozen or more? Oh my goodness!

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've decided to wait. As much as I don't want to, it's the smarter move. I'll wait for the interior to get more refined, more power, carbon exterior options, more paint options, and initial bugs to get worked out. Plus it'll be good to read/watch reviews during the initial rollout.
Iā€™m really debating this myself as well. Carbon roof and bits plus better colors plus I get some real world feedback on which engine to choose. This is killing me!

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Iā€™m really debating this myself as well. Carbon roof and bits plus better colors plus I get some real world feedback on which engine to choose. This is killing me!
Itā€™s the absolute worst ā€œhigh classā€ problem to have isnā€™t it? Argh.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Itā€™s the absolute worst ā€œhigh classā€ problem to have isnā€™t it? Argh.

It really is! And for what it's worth, I'm not waiting. You only live once. I'll buy the FE and sell it to get a future version when I'm ready. I'll take the hit and enjoy the FE for the next couple years. It's like waiting for a new version of a cell phone. Whatever you buy is going to have a newer and better version within a couple months and I'm okay with that as long as my purchase is still working as intended and, in the Emira's case, bringing me joy.

*However, if the Lotus lets me down and is a total nightmare of issues and I'm struggling to get warranty work handled by my dealer that's 2 hours away, I'll sell it and immediately go with the smarter option: Porsche.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It really is! And for what it's worth, I'm not waiting. You only live once. I'll buy the FE and sell it to get a future version when I'm ready. I'll take the hit and enjoy the FE for the next couple years. It's like waiting for a new version of a cell phone. Whatever you buy is going to have a newer and better version within a couple months and I'm okay with that as long as my purchase is still working as intended and, in the Emira's case, bringing me joy.
Exactly. Buy now and again later. :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The problem with waiting is you have to drive something else in the meantime. I know I'm lucky that my "meantime" can be an Evora and an Exige, and that I can probably afford to buy an FE and then change later if something like a GT450 Emira comes along.

But life is short and the S1 of every Lotus has been a joy to drive, even if something more powerful has come along later. Plenty of happy Elise S1 owners driving Rover K-series cars despite the Toyota-powered S2 and S3 being available.