Door seal imperfections

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On the Demo car that arrived this week in Bilbao I spotted on both sills what I consider a bad fitting of the rubber strip on top of the carpet. I forgot to take pictures, you can barely spot it on the video I took of the inside, I also saw on the video of the Japanese car, and on one of the yellow demos in UK, and I thought may these cars where not final custom version, but I just saw it also on the customer car just delivered in Hethel.
Confirmation from members in here with customer cars delivered would be appreciated, and if Lotus is aware and solutions to this issue for both existing and new deliveries

Picture of 1st Hethel collection: @shaank could confirm if he sees this as an issue

PXL-20221111-114611205.jpg

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That issue I was notice it from the beginning months ago and it’s normal on every emira I saw

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That issue I was notice it from the beginning months ago and it’s normal on every emira I saw
But it's not good fitting at all. It's ugly to see when you look up close on the flesh, and it's going to get worse with use.
I think Lotus should correct this

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
To my understanding we have one more to add to the list:
I am lacking the appropriate wording to explain it in English, surely anybody here will help.
On the Demo car that arrived this week in Bilbao I spotted on both sills what I consider a bad fitting of the rubber strip on top of the carpet. I forgot to take pictures, you can barely spot it on the video I took of the inside, I also saw on the video of the Japanese car, and on one of the yellow demos in UK, and I thought may these cars where not final custom version, but I just saw it also on the customer car just delivered in Hethel.
Confirmation from members in here with customer cars delivered would be appreciated, and if Lotus is aware and solutions to this issue for both existing and new deliveries

Picture of !st Hethel collection: @shaank could confirm if he sees this as an issue

View attachment 10766

My Emira has this rubber imperfection on multiple places. Can take photos tomorrow or Monday. Already complained to my dealer, he said that was/is normal on all Lotus cars. :(

Last edited:

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My Emira has this rubber imperfection on multiple places. Can take photos tomorrow or Monday. Already complained to my dealer, he said that was/is normal on all Lotus cars. :(

Pictures of my Emira - left door at the A-pillar, right door at the A-pillar and right door at the B-pillar. Not that big problem but I don't like such imperfections.

20221113_150939.jpg
20221113_151259.jpg
20221113_151057.jpg

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah I saw that in every interior image about it

They should have resolve it

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Pictures of my Emira - left door at the A-pillar, right door at the A-pillar and right door at the B-pillar. Not that big problem but I don't like such imperfections.

View attachment 10791View attachment 10792View attachment 10793
On the 18th is coming to Bilbao a technician from Lotus to final PDI and training for the dealer. Let's see what he has to say and hopefully Lotus will fix this bug. The one in Bilbao has exactly the same as yours, but only close to the A pillars

KusaKusa

Reaction score
The sealing isn't as bad as I thought it would be, especially for the standard Lotus came from before and considering an almost entirely new factory and assembly line. I was expecting the seal to be misaligned, dangling, or completely missing. Tesla still has those in Model S cars. I think this is a good starting point to improve upon.

Emiragirl

Reaction score
To my understanding we have one more to add to the list:
I am lacking the appropriate wording to explain it in English, surely anybody here will help.

Picture of !st Hethel collection: @shaank could confirm if he sees this as an issue

View attachment 10766
Yes passenger side on the demo at central lotus has also got this. The drivers side was ok

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes passenger side on the demo at central lotus has also got this. The drivers side was ok
Which proofs it's depending on the person fitting it, some are ok, some not.

hope Lotus address this asap for everybody

Grumpy

Reaction score

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Haven't got pictures of the seals on my Emira, but on mine they are near perfect. On other cars at my dealer they were less good. But I'd say this is really a common Lotus "issue". My Evora has it way worse than the Emira, but it never really bothered me.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Having redone the interior of cars before, this looks like a fitment issue. You can't just mash them onto the edge of the door frame, you have to slightly stretch and work them around the corners to avoid puckering the edges like that. It's fixable if your car has that, but they shouldn't in the first place. With the new QC processes Lotus has put in place, this is the kind of thing that should be caught before it moves onto the next station.

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Having redone the interior of cars before, this looks like a fitment issue. You can't just mash them onto the edge of the door frame, you have to slightly stretch and work them around the corners to avoid puckering the edges like that. It's fixable if your car has that, but they shouldn't in the first place. With the new QC processes Lotus has put in place, this is the kind of thing that should be caught before it moves onto the next station.

I really don’t expect to be shelling out 80k on shoddy workmanship. I sincerely hope they don’t think that this is an acceptable standard out of their 100m factory

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I really don’t expect to be shelling out 80k on shoddy workmanship. I sincerely hope they don’t think that this is an acceptable standard out of their 100m factory
It is evident on both sides of the demo at JCT600 and quite noticeable- question would be how can this pass QC checks ?

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It is evident on both sides of the demo at JCT600 and quite noticeable- question would be how can this pass QC checks ?
Who says there’s QC checks? On Harry’s video the paint quality tram only seem to be furnished with a micro fibre cloth..

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If crimpled seals are the top of the list then you all should be celebrating with as much booze as you can get down!
I have seen loads of new previous Loti with crappy cheap fastenings rusting up in the first nanosecond of exposure to british road conditions. I washed the Taycan for the first time in about 2 months (yes i know but time etc....) It was raining and getting dark) but peering through the wheel spokes to the suspension and brake components was like looking at a new one. It's got 7k miles in 8 months from new.
I will be completely gobsmacked if the bean counters have not made a bollox of the fastenings quality on the Emira too.
Fingers crossed that a corner has been turned...

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My car has a minor door seal imperfection on the driver side. Slightly different to what has bee shared so far but I'll add it in anyways. The plastic trim that goes up to where the seatbelt attaches should be under the rubber strip, but about half way down it comes out and the strip goes under the plastic causing it to be loose. I think it will be a very simple fix so I'm not worried about it just now. The actual rubber strip seems to be wrinkle free.

Driver side:

FjsRHgn.jpg

ROksKbj.jpg

Where the seal crosses over

X5fVCxb.jpg

Passenger side

U7xpbxf.jpg