Dollar vs Pound

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
they said the new vantage was make or break..then it was the DBS... which accounts for more than half their sales.. now the vanish....... quickish.... who knows....

Ive always wanted an AM I have to say, but its just not a car for Spain.......
Let's be honest the vantage, old DB** whatever number and old vanquish... they all looked the same. Jaguar copied the AM with their XK so badly it hurt them. They were using the same old formula that wasn't working in 2007, why would it work today??

Valkyrie changed that instantly. Radically different, still with a strong sense of AM in the nose and the lines. Now this was a HALO car, for very few people. It did the trick. New Vanquish build of that new lineage. I think its's a game changer and the biggest step AM has done in their history. They will probably still keep a GT line (vantage / DBX), but make no mistake that new Vanquish will be on posters in bedrooms...errr...or desktop background on computer??

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Let's be honest the vantage, old DB** whatever number and old vanquish... they all looked the same. Jaguar copied the AM with their XK so badly it hurt them. They were using the same old formula that wasn't working in 2007, why would it work today??

Valkyrie changed that instantly. Radically different, still with a strong sense of AM in the nose and the lines. Now this was a HALO car, for very few people. It did the trick. New Vanquish build of that new lineage. I think its's a game changer and the biggest step AM has done in their history. They will probably still keep a GT line (vantage / DBX), but make no mistake that new Vanquish will be on posters in bedrooms...errr...or desktop background on computer??

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
that vanquickish with a horrible floating roof line a la DB11.... needs to loose the DB11 design cues as the car didnt sell well.... Apart from that, at the front it leave most cars, including the lotus, for dead.
Meant to be released in 2022 but now looks like 2025.... and 300k.... a bit of a stretch for me. If there were a mini half vanished one I'd be tempted.... first save lotus, then save AM.. all in a days work haha

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
that vanquickish with a horrible floating roof line a la DB11.... needs to loose the DB11 design cues as the car didnt sell well.... Apart from that, at the front it leave most cars, including the lotus, for dead.
Meant to be released in 2022 but now looks like 2025.... and 300k.... a bit of a stretch for me. If there were a mini half vanished one I'd be tempted.... first save lotus, then save AM.. all in a days work haha
AM has to be the most existing car brand in the next 5 years. I think the design is some of the best I have ever seen. And you know they will melt old world materials into that interior that will give it the touch of class that Ferrari/Mclaren/Lambo does not have. Even that cognac leather steering wheel in the video was awesome. Take it over carbon fibre!

AM has proven to execute far better than Lotus. (maybe because a Canadian is running the company these days hahaha) They actually launched a road legal F1 car (valkyrie) that sounds and looks ridiculous good. Same line as Evija... which is no where to be seem at the moment. The DBX has become it's number 1 model, obviously. The question is do you think you will see more DBX's on the road or Lotus Eletre? AM has a better path forward in my opinion. Excited to see what the new Vantage will look like next year. AM has only one issue, which is re-sale and depreciation. I think this will be resolved, as they have said they are not going to produce many sports cars going forward. Mostly customer order only. No stock. Only the DBX will be built for stock. Smart plan I think.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
AM has to be the most existing car brand in the next 5 years. I think the design is some of the best I have ever seen. And you know they will melt old world materials into that interior that will give it the touch of class that Ferrari/Mclaren/Lambo does not have. Even that cognac leather steering wheel in the video was awesome. Take it over carbon fibre!

AM has proven to execute far better than Lotus. (maybe because a Canadian is running the company these days hahaha) They actually launched a road legal F1 car (valkyrie) that sounds and looks ridiculous good. Same line as Evija... which is no where to be seem at the moment. The DBX has become it's number 1 model, obviously. The question is do you think you will see more DBX's on the road or Lotus Eletre? AM has a better path forward in my opinion. Excited to see what the new Vantage will look like next year. AM has only one issue, which is re-sale and depreciation. I think this will be resolved, as they have said they are not going to produce many sports cars going forward. Mostly customer order only. No stock. Only the DBX will be built for stock. Smart plan I think.
Hopefully he runs AM better then the F1 team...

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What I find very difficult to understand is how all three of these things can be true. Any ForEx pros on here that can clear up this mathematical mystery?

A Confusion In Three Exhibits, each plotted over the same YTD period:

A
View attachment 9264

B
View attachment 9265

C
View attachment 9266

:unsure:
$ has strengthened against £, but even more so against ¥, so comparatively £ has strengthened against ¥. Am I missing something?