Do we know if the V6 Auto gear box has been improved in anyway

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi guys

Given there are a few after market companies like BOE and Komotek that have a fairly low cost upgrade available for the Evora Auto, I wonder if there has been some tweaking to the Emira gearbox, to either help it shift quicker, or strengthen it

Cheers
Chris

Great question, would love to know this too. Reading around it's fairly well known the gearbox was the limiting factor in the past cars.

Judging from what we've seen (optimising costs, simplicity etc) it'll likely be a copy and paste. Would love to be proven otherwise.

Great question, would love to know this too. Reading around it's fairly well known the gearbox was the limiting factor in the past cars.

Judging from what we've seen (optimising costs, simplicity etc) it'll likely be a copy and paste. Would love to be proven otherwise.
what was wrong with the gearbox?

I personally have never driven an Evora auto, but I have ordered the Emira V6 auto

From YouTube reviews some have commented that the shifts are not quite as sharp as other auto boxes. This can be improved upon by installing the aftermarket parts, also those parts are supposed to add a bit more strength. So given that Lotus know it can be improved, I wonder if they have made the changes

Back