Do we get a build number? Build Date?

Drevil

Reaction score
a\Deposit placed in Seattle at Park Place 27 months ago. I placed second deposit Aug of 23. Never received any further communication. I have emailed and stopped by several times. Always "We will get back to you after I talk to my manager" I have an R8 I want to sell on consignment and it has to be within 1 month of Emira arriving to get the tax advantage. I thought we were supposed to get a build number or something and a ballpark of build date or expected delivery time so I can plan accordingly. Really beyond frustrated at this point

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes. You should have gotten an approval with a submission ID number from your dealer.
Mine went like this:
4/27/23 - deposit placed
5/1/23 - approval received from Lotus with submission ID number
8/10/23 - final build submission
8/28/23 - Lotus approves final build (no changes after this point)
1/18/24 - received vin number, car has been built awaiting shipping

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Go back and talk to the manager only. Find out what the submission status is. Don't leave without a submission ID. If they balk, escalate it to the GM.

If they can't give you a submission ID, call Lotus Customer Care and see if they can assist, they would have your info in their system if one has been done for you.

If they don't have you in the system, the dealer never submitted an order. In that case, tell LCC the date you made a deposit and make a formal complaint about the dealer's conduct.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I placed my deposit with the same dealer around the same time and also submitted their additional $10k deposit in Aug 23. My sales person emailed me my submission ID 2 weeks later but almost no comms since. I just assume it's because they have no information to give as Lotus USA keeps them in the dark. He has replied the 2 times I've emailed since then, but with short, somewhat vague responses. Still pretty frustrating given they've taken $15k from me "non-refundable" when other dealers do not.

I also never received the "gift" that others seem to have gotten or a single email from Lotus USA for that matter. Rather lackluster experience overall. I decided a while ago that I'll go elsewhere (and with better brands) for my future vehicles. Hope the Emira is still worth it!

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
a\Deposit placed in Seattle at Park Place 27 months ago. I placed second deposit Aug of 23. Never received any further communication. I have emailed and stopped by several times. Always "We will get back to you after I talk to my manager" I have an R8 I want to sell on consignment and it has to be within 1 month of Emira arriving to get the tax advantage. I thought we were supposed to get a build number or something and a ballpark of build date or expected delivery time so I can plan accordingly. Really beyond frustrated at this point
This is a copy of what you should get via email from your dealer once the allocation is confirmed, submitted and received by Lotus. It includes the order confirmation code at the bottom.

Picture1.png

Last edited:
OP
D

Drevil

Reaction score
Go back and talk to the manager only. Find out what the submission status is. Don't leave without a submission ID. If they balk, escalate it to the GM.

If they can't give you a submission ID, call Lotus Customer Care and see if they can assist, they would have your info in their system if one has been done for you.

If they don't have you in the system, the dealer never submitted an order. In that case, tell LCC the date you made a deposit and make a formal complaint about the dealer's conduct.
thank you for the advice!

OP
D

Drevil

Reaction score
I placed my deposit with the same dealer around the same time and also submitted their additional $10k deposit in Aug 23. My sales person emailed me my submission ID 2 weeks later but almost no comms since. I just assume it's because they have no information to give as Lotus USA keeps them in the dark. He has replied the 2 times I've emailed since then, but with short, somewhat vague responses. Still pretty frustrating given they've taken $15k from me "non-refundable" when other dealers do not.

I also never received the "gift" that others seem to have gotten or a single email from Lotus USA for that matter. Rather lackluster experience overall. I decided a while ago that I'll go elsewhere (and with better brands) for my future vehicles. Hope the Emira is still worth it!
Any news? I mean this is really insane! Is this car going to show up one day and they will say hey your car is here today get down here and pay us tomorrow? I have a car I want to consign etc. That will take some time to sell. The level of uncertainty is pretty intolerable. The company should be able to provide a build date!

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Any news? I mean this is really insane! Is this car going to show up one day and they will say hey your car is here today get down here and pay us tomorrow? I have a car I want to consign etc. That will take some time to sell. The level of uncertainty is pretty intolerable. The company should be able to provide a build date!
Sadly no, I emailed last week asking for a VIN, and he just said "without me asking the GM who is in a meeting, if your car is an FE 2.0, then those cars are being built this month and therefore don't yet have a VIN."

This is clearly incorrect as there are people in the US with FE 2.0's sitting in their garage's as we speak, some of which ordered well after both of us. I have no idea why they have to go through their GM to get customer's their VIN. Very frustrating. I will likely try to call or email again in the next week and demand more information. I think after 27 months of them holding my money we've earned that.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
How does the tax thing work? I’ll be selling a car as well.

OP
D

Drevil

Reaction score
How does the tax thing work? I’ll be selling a car as well.
If you trade or consign a car at the same dealership that you are purchasing the emira from, you only pay tx on the difference from what I understand. EG I have an R8, I think it will go for around 75k$ and emira is 110k$ you pay tax on 35k.. here the tax is around 10 percent so it is very meaningful. Consignment is much better than trade in . Only problem is the consigned vehicle has to sell the same month that your Emira is purchased.

OP
D

Drevil

Reaction score
Sadly no, I emailed last week asking for a VIN, and he just said "without me asking the GM who is in a meeting, if your car is an FE 2.0, then those cars are being built this month and therefore don't yet have a VIN."

This is clearly incorrect as there are people in the US with FE 2.0's sitting in their garage's as we speak, some of which ordered well after both of us. I have no idea why they have to go through their GM to get customer's their VIN. Very frustrating. I will likely try to call or email again in the next week and demand more information. I think after 27 months of them holding my money we've earned that.
Thank you for the response. Are you feeling that we are getting an unusual run around? It just seems even more egregious than many are experiencing around the country. They keep promising to call me etc and never do. "I'll talk to my manager" is all I ever get.

Honestly, reading about the paint bubbling is giving me the shivers. I went through this with my elise, bubbled all over, had to get it stripped down and repainted and it bubbled up again!

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thank you for the response. Are you feeling that we are getting an unusual run around? It just seems even more egregious than many are experiencing around the country. They keep promising to call me etc and never do. "I'll talk to my manager" is all I ever get.

Honestly, reading about the paint bubbling is giving me the shivers. I went through this with my elise, bubbled all over, had to get it stripped down and repainted and it bubbled up again!
I've tried to stay positive and patient because there's really not much else we can do. Our frustration is peaking because others are getting their cars and we can only watch and wonder when it will be our turn without any answers. I don't think they're genuinely trying to be malicious or irritating, but rather simply just aren't well informed based off what I've read from other deposit holders of theirs. As long as delivery goes smoothly and I get my car without issues all will be forgiven, so fingers crossed it's not much more than a few more weeks.

OP
D

Drevil

Reaction score
Well said. I just need to get my consignment vehicle spiffed up and ready to go. The timing is difficult. thanks!

Reaction score
This is a copy of what you should get via email from your dealer once the allocation is confirmed, submitted and received by Lotus. It includes the order confirmation code at the bottom.

View attachment 37556

thanks for sharing details on your down payment. dealers are trying to re-sell cars that people want to get out of. they are looking for a bigger down payment plus an overall more expensive sale price.

if anyone has a car coming out of Bellevue / Seattle, WA that they want to get out of for not a rip off please let me know. i just missed the car from @4MIR3

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
thanks for sharing details on your down payment. dealers are trying to re-sell cars that people want to get out of. they are looking for a bigger down payment plus an overall more expensive sale price.

if anyone has a car coming out of Bellevue / Seattle, WA that they want to get out of for not a rip off please let me know. i just missed the car from @4MIR3
The deposit so far includes the $2500 (Jan 2022) to hold the allocation position and another $8275 (Nov 2023) to submit a "locked In" order for production.

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My wife submitted a $2500 deposit in September 2021, then was expecting to deposit more upon the spec/build slot confirmation in December 2023, but the dealer said no further deposit was necessary… she was told if the allocation (and $2500) was abandoned they could sell the car easily enough.