• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Do the diamond wheels have less contrast in person?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey guys
I am having a hard time deciding on wheels.

I like the diamond, but in photos they look pretty bold.
I'd like a more subtle contrast in the tones of gray / silver.

During a bright day do they look more subtle?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Panda47

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey guys
I am having a hard time deciding on wheels.

I like the diamond, but in photos they look pretty bold.
I'd like a subtle variation in the tones of gray / silver.

But not a ton .

During a bright day do they look more subtle?

Thanks a lot.
They look black,but are a medium grey,look fantastic so glad I went with them.

Attachments

• 1692850424253870736964.jpg
    1692850424253870736964.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 130

Adam Brouillard

Reaction score
I normally prefer silver wheels, but I'm going with the diamond cut. The wheels were clearly meant to be diamond cut as they have that lip at the edge and I think it looks kinda odd on the silver ones. Here are some photos I found.

Lotus-Emira_i4-2024-1280-34.jpg
Lotus-Emira_i4-2024-1280-33.jpg

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I normally prefer silver wheels, but I'm going with the diamond cut. The wheels were clearly meant to be diamond cut as they have that lip at the edge and I think it looks kinda odd on the silver ones. Here are some photos I found.

View attachment 30720View attachment 30719
I didn’t notice the lip difference on the all silver wheels when I chose them. Now I can’t unsee it.

Thanks a bunch…🧐

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Are all the first edition wheels the same, just diamond, black, or silver?

Could the silvers be painted glossy black if I wanted them glossy black... or is there some catch I'd have to deal with?

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Could the silvers be painted glossy black if I wanted them glossy black... or is there some catch I'd have to deal with?
You can powder coat them any color you wish. No catches.

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
THe up close pics of the diamonds look wonderful.
But from afar, its just a bit too much going on on the car for me.
I mean its so darn good looking and they look badass but I think I want something more conservative... so i think i am gonna go silver.
Capture.JPG

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You can powder coat them any color you wish. No catches.
Yeah after much time of trying to decide stuff, I think I am going with Harry's Garage build. Might wrap the top black and paint the wheels if I wanna go more extreme down the road.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah after much time of trying to decide stuff, I think I am going with Harry's Garage build. Might wrap the top black and paint the wheels if I wanna go more extreme down the road.
I went with exactly Harry's spec as well after much angst and thought. If the diamond cut wheels had at least the outer perimeter all silver I think it would have looked great. Can't get past the lack of circular cohesiveness of the diamonds. All I see is "flower power" or "e-tron" for whatever reason.

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I went with exactly Harry's spec as well after much angst and thought. If the diamond cut wheels had at least the outer perimeter all silver I think it would have looked great. Can't get past the lack of circular cohesiveness of the diamonds. All I see is "flower power" or "e-tron" for whatever reason.
Yeah it looks slick but a bit too futuristic to me. Yeah I am doing Harry's with the Sport package I think

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Both silver and black are the exact same wheel just painted with a different top coat and then clear coated. You can get them painted or powdercoated however you'd like.

The diamond cut wheels will look ever so slightly different however as the top face of the wheel will have been diamond cut to expose raw aluminum and then clear coated over it. Expect the diamond cut wheels to have a sharper looking edges on the face of the wheel.

Additional things to consider: Expect the clear finish on the diamond cut wheels to fail more spectacularly as when the clear coat is damaged and the aluminum wheel is exposed, form aluminum oxide.

Reactions: ADC

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
After the pictures on this post seeing the DC wheels I’m sticking with my choice. Not that I could change now
HY - BP - DC wheels
There is no wrong choice. Just personal choice.
But my choice is the best and the fastest 😂

• Haha

Dougal

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don’t like black wheels , originally ordered the silver wheels but got a cancellation exact same spec ..except with DC and wasn’t sure but glad I did as they look brilliant and just a wee bit edgier than the silver 👍

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think all the wheels look great with an appropriately spec'd car.

I wanted more contrast against shadow grey and hence went silver. They're easy to maintain (can't see scratches or scuffs like on gloss black), and can be easily repainted (unlike diamond cuts).

If I went with a lighter paint colour (or non-metallic solid paint), I probably would have gone with the diamond cuts as they add a bit of pizzaz.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've actually ordered silver, but am seriously considering getting them sprayed/coated slightly darker (along the lines of Porsche Platinum Satin), based on the renders from the new configurator. This and switch the rear lettering to black... :chefs-kiss:

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 06.56.04.png

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've actually ordered silver, but am seriously considering getting them sprayed/coated slightly darker (along the lines of Porsche Platinum Satin), based on the renders from the new configurator. This and switch the rear lettering to black... :chefs-kiss:

View attachment 30761
When I was deciding on my spec, I also really wanted a platinum wheel. But I'm really happy with silver as it helps make the wheels look bigger and integrates nicely with the two-piece brake rotor hub.