• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Do any Emira owners have the passenger storage nets?

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
A question I keep meaning to ask,does any owner have the passenger footwell storage net?

Mine doesn't have one, but a show car did and the specifications for FE says there should be one too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230131_171103_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230131_171103_Chrome.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 146

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A question I keep meaning to ask,does any owner have the passenger footwell storage net?

Mine doesn't have one, but a show car did and the specifications for FE says there should be one too.
No passenger footwell net here

Zardoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Now that the cars are being delivered with increasing frequency, someone should put together a delivery check-list of things to inspect/check out at delivery. I have seen this on other car forums, I find it to be extremely helpful

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't think I have one. I just wondered what the "clips" on the footrest where for but didn't think about it :ROFLMAO:

shaank

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Haven't seen my Emira in several weeks, so checked some pics. And I can confirm I do NOT have a passenger side net either

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone asked lotus where it's gone?

Is there anything else we know of that's missing?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

At risk of expanding the thread scope, Lotus did also delete the 3x embossed stripes on all Alcantara seats. Fortunately they still exist (and look ace!) on Leather seats. 🤷‍♂️

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
At risk of expanding the thread scope, Lotus did also delete the 3x embossed stripes on all Alcantara seats. Fortunately they still exist (and look ace!) on Leather seats. 🤷‍♂️
Is there a net in the boot/ trunk as well - on S1 Evora’s they provided one on Evora400 it was deleted.

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Is there a net in the boot/ trunk as well - on S1 Evora’s they provided one on Evora400 it was deleted.
No passenger net, no boot net.
There is a net for the rear shelf storage though 🎉

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I was expecting voice command but that appears to be missing. For example trying to set a nav location by clicking the voice button on the wheel results in the message that it is ‘disabled for my safety’

Raising with Lotus the responses were that it worked but they also kept referencing Sri/CarPlay as evidence even though I had highlighted that I was trying to use the native functions due to CarPlay issues. The Lotus rep at my local dealer later appeared to confirm that it was indeed missing.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No passenger net, no boot net.
There is a net for the rear shelf storage though 🎉
I'm fairly sure the Evora boot net would fit - all parts needed are listed here (but the "T" anchors are "unobtanium" from Lotus) :

Or alternatively :

Amazon product

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We should make this the: “have lotus kept to the actual spec on their website” thread

OP
Lots_Of_Trouble

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Asked during my handover this afternoon and the cars DON'T come with a passenger footwell storage net and were never intended too, it is an error on the website which will be fixed
False advertisement then....

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Now that the cars are being delivered with increasing frequency, someone should put together a delivery check-list of things to inspect/check out at delivery. I have seen this on other car forums, I find it to be extremely helpful
That's what a pre-inspection if for, and that's what Lotus supposedly include in their OTRC!

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Asked during my handover this afternoon and the cars DON'T come with a passenger footwell storage net and were never intended too, it is an error on the website which will be fixed

Here you go - 2 quid on eBay - these look just like the early photos which, IIRC, were on the Lotus website? I tried these on my Evora (which has nowhere for a phone apart from the glove box) - before the Emira was even launched - they fell off within a day as the adhesive doesn't work. Perhaps Lotus have had a similar experience?
1AF2C97D-4492-418E-9365-AE610B974882.jpeg