• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Distortion / gaps between front panel and undercarriage / underside?

DDK

Reaction score
Hi all

My fairly new (4 weeks) Emira was put on a platform yesterday for a wash and I noticed distortion / denty gaps between the front panel and the undercarriage / underside panels.

Is this normal? Assume not, as gravel / dust etc. would be kicked up into the gaps and accumulate on the inside??

Anyone else seen this on theirs? FYI there are 2 of these on the left and 1 on the right. My immediate reaction is that these are defects, as elsewhere between the body panel and the undercarriage, everything sits flush with no gap whatsoever.

Hoping the experts will chime in. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1322.jpeg
    IMG_1322.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1323.jpeg
    IMG_1323.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1325.jpeg
    IMG_1325.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1326.jpeg
    IMG_1326.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 164

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’s totally normal my dealer tells me. Previous Evora’s had aluminium under tray tucked inside the bumper whereas on the Emira, it’s on the outside with gaps. So I used black silicone to seal the gaps as grit and small stones do get inside. It’s a quality issue or designed on purpose as an additional air scoop. Very little people notice this as it’s underneath the car. Mines not as bad as yours but most Emira’s have gaps.

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’s totally normal my dealer tells me. Previous Evora’s had aluminium under tray tucked inside the bumper whereas on the Emira, it’s on the outside with gaps. So I used black silicone to seal the gaps as grit and small stones do get inside. It’s a quality issue or designed on purpose as an additional air scoop. Very little people notice this as it’s underneath the car.
Who are these very little people, and where do they come from???? :LOL:

OP
D

DDK

Reaction score
I’ve spoken with the dealer and their service team (both of whom have been great so far) and they agree that this is a defect. Apparently they’ve only seen this issue on one other car - on the rest of the 70 or so cars they’ve delivered, the base plate sits tightly flush to the body panel.

They’ve notified HQ/Factory. I will update on here once I hear back.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another one to add to the list of "things to check on delivery day" along with functional A/C and power steering.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Another one to add to the list of "things to check on delivery day" along with functional A/C and power steering.
Deserves its own thread with a first post that gets continually updated, like we do with the V6 & i4 review index threads!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Deserves its own thread with a first post that gets continually updated, like we do with the V6 & i4 review index threads!
It’s mostly here:

I need to do a major update to the first few posts with info from the last 3 months. Coming soon.