Desirability

Mh2000

Reaction score
With the ranking up of expectations and the now well telegraphed delivery delays, is the Emira more or less desirable to buyers and are the production issues hurting Lotus if as reported they are pinning their future on this model.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
With the ranking up of expectations and the now well telegraphed delivery delays, is the Emira more or less desirable to buyers and are the production issues hurting Lotus if as reported they are pinning their future on this model.

Nah, their future lies in the Eletre and it's ilk. The Emira is a bit of fluff, pretty and desirable but ultimately not that important other than maintaining the Lotus sporting credentials.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’ll let you know after my first siting and demo drive this Saturday. If it takes my breath away in person and the 4 remains 80k, I’m in (if I don’t sit perched in the car)

OP
M

Mh2000

Reaction score
Nah, their future lies in the Eletre and it's ilk. The Emira is a bit of fluff, pretty and desirable but ultimately not that important other than maintaining the Lotus sporting credentials.
Can't help thinking that current EV technology is similar to that in all other electrical equipment, in that it will be outdated in only a few years. Depreciation will inevitably hit EVs harder than ICE cars especially if their battery cells need replacing after 10 years.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It won't do that, unless the only cars you have even driven are SUVs.

The Emira will always be desirable and all will be sold.

The car is foreplay for the EV sports cars that it will produce.
I meant looks wise. I’m a GT DD Road-trip guy my wants from this cars dynamics may be a bit less stringent than my hard core lotus alum. If I fit and it’s not a rattle box, I’m probably in. IF I can live without a convertible (718 or c8)

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
There are a bunch of variables that will answer that question. I don't care how beautiful or desirable a car is, after you look at it for a few years the excitement begins to wane. And if you follow through and finally get that car there will be a bit of a let-down simply because all that pent-up anticipation is suddenly gone. Been there and looks like I might be there again in a year or so having not learned my lesson the first couple times...:)

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In my humble opinion, all Lotuses are desirable. Low volumes + lotus engineering expertise have kept the demand higher than supply, historically. That won't change with the Emira. It's already sold out.

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
lotus engineering expertise

wut?

The Tesla roadster, Vauxhaull Lotus Carlton, Delorean, Hyundai Genesis, Corvette ZR1, and Aston Martin Vanquish, just to name a few...

Handling-by-Lotus.jpeg

Last edited:
Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts