delivery dates for First edition

HoweBank

Reaction score
Hello All,

I placed my order and paid deposits within a couple of days of going on sale and again for second deposit.

last comms informed me july 2022 delivery in February this year.

not been told anything since then but are seeing people jump out of que due to slippages etc.

Question to those with orders.

HAVE you been told a date slippage direct from lotus since your last payment (i.e. second payent deposit) for a first edition car due in 2022?

just curious if the delays are related to base entry I4 cars etc.

cheers

695 to Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hello All,

I placed my order and paid deposits within a couple of days of going on sale and again for second deposit.

not been told anything since then but are seeing people jump out of que due to slippages etc.

HAVE you been told a date slippage direct from lotus since your last payment (i.e. second payent deposit) for a first edition car due in 2022?

cheers
Just got an email from Lotus this afternoon citing a missed call and confirming my August delivery date as August. Includes a link to my configuration for me to confirm.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did it say delivery date or build date or both? Some people have had an email “confirming” August but it’s build completion not delivery. Delivery is now September.

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello All,

cheers
no told august delivery for me

OP
HoweBank

HoweBank

Reaction score
actually got n email say july delivery so happy its not too far away.

anyone computed the on the rd final costs for a UK car?

695 to Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Did it say delivery date or build date or both? Some people have had an email “confirming” August but it’s build completion not delivery. Delivery is now September.
Completion was the word used. It will do me as I have already come to terms with September although no mention of this in email.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
actually got n email say july delivery so happy its not too far away.

anyone computed the on the rd final costs for a UK car?
UK Year 1 VED went up on 1 April, so if you used the Lotus website before then you'll have a figure slightly lower than what it'll now be.

UK OTR costs are:
  • £1,045 delivery, PDI, number plates, valet, full tank of fuel
  • £55 first registration fee
  • £2,015 Year 1 VED (was £1,910 before 1 April)
  • = £3,115 total

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
July 12th deposit confirmed for a September delivery. Supply chain issues in Shanghai cited for the main delay.
On another point, I queried the delivery options and was told all cars leave Hethel to a location near Oxford for PDI. So if selecting the factory option, they travel back to Hethel from Oxford! Hence the slight increase in costs as includes tour plus meal.

695 to Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just had the call from Lotus re my email yesterday and that mail apparently notified me on a one month delay until September. Not sure where that was hidden in the text but hey ho.

More to the point, end of May/ early June = test drives at local Lotus dealer. You choose where but they only have one car each so I guess we need to find the whereabouts of the manual/ auto cars depending on our own specs.

Then July/ August = paperwork via Docusign or whatever.

Was asked to lock my spec by tonight so the tortuous decision of Touring - v - Sport raises its ugly head again, but I have now committed for better or worse.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just had the call from Lotus re my email yesterday and that mail apparently notified me on a one month delay until September. Not sure where that was hidden in the text but hey ho.

More to the point, end of May/ early June = test drives at local Lotus dealer. You choose where but they only have one car each so I guess we need to find the whereabouts of the manual/ auto cars depending on our own specs.

Was asked to lock my spec by tonight so the tortuous decision of Touring - v - Sport raises its ugly head again, but I have now committed for better or worse.
Exciting!! What did you go with?

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Had cups on a GT3 and a GT3RS. Doing 50 mph in torrential rain and watching a variety of sh^tters cruise by at 80 was a bit weird. Going for something more boring now in terms of rubber. But also useable in the winter. Looks like you don’t have that problem.

I would order it on cup2s just because they are included but then put it on something else right away for AS and save the cups for track use

CheshireCat

Reaction score
Had the call this afternoon confirming delay from August to September but was thinking of requesting September and enjoying one more month of Boxter roof down driving.
They said that the changes on the configurator up to midnight today will be allowed with no delay in delivery but I’m sticking with my choice: Manual, Nimbus, red leather, red callipers, tracker, lower black pack and no privacy glass.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I don’t think Customer Care info is up to date about dealer test drives. Dealers at the Lotus conference this week are being told late June/early July for their demo cars.

Other arrangements are apparently being made for July delivery people to have a chance to test drive before they have to commit to purchase in June.

Cljxc50

Reaction score
I don’t think Customer Care info is up to date about dealer test drives. Dealers at the Lotus conference this week are being told late June/early July for their demo cars.

Other arrangements are apparently being made for July delivery people to have a chance to test drive before they have to commit to purchase in June.
I had an email yesterday from my local dealer, who said that they have also been hit by delays and that their demonstrators will not be with them until the second half of July at the earliest.....

bbpxbbpx

Reaction score
27-Jul deposit for V6 FE, just received email that it will be Oct build and Nov delivery