• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Dealer vs Direct

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is there any difference putting your deposit down direct with Lotus via the website vs via a dealer? I did mine direct via Lotus and received a response that I should look forward to configuring my car in the Autumn.

Any advantages / disadvantages anyone's aware of to doing it either way?

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Is there any difference putting your deposit down direct with Lotus via the website vs via a dealer? I did mine direct via Lotus and received a response that I should look forward to configuring my car in the Autumn.

Any advantages / disadvantages anyone's aware of to doing it either way?
Hi, not sure if there is any difference. When I first noted interest via the Lotus website, I got an email the following day from my local dealer inviting me to contact them directly (I chose not to at that point) but when I then placed my build order on the Lotus site the next day they didn't make any reference to a local dealer in their reply.

Clearly all direct orders will be channelled by Lotus to each local dealer to help with the specification, sales and handover process - I know I'll be going to my local dealer in order to see actual body and leather colour samples, possibly even wheels, before finalising specification. I think actual demo models may be very limited given the demand.

All of this is only my educated guesswork though!

as7920

Reaction score
The Lotus configurator is now live for the new Emira and we expect the full pricing and spec information available from Lotus in September, which naturally we will forward on. In the meantime you are able to place a fully refundable deposit of £2,000 to secure an early build slot. This can be done by clicking onto the Lotus link below and towards the bottom of the page is the option to ‘Order now’ and pay the deposit

I would suggest getting this done as quick as possible to secure your place in the queue before the car is unveiled at the Goodwood Festival of Speed tomorrow.

Please can I kindly ask once you have done this to please let me know so we can make a note this end. Can I please also ask for you to email us your full address details and contact telephone number for our records

I filled in an online form on my local dealer's website the evening of the launch after placing deposit on the Lotus website and they said the above in an auto-reply which came through the following morning.

Glad I did it that way round then spoke with them in the morning.