Dealer Demo cars in Europe and UK

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The water is supposed to drain into the engine compartment - if you open the lid slow enough. If you raise the boot lid too quickly, the water can spill into the boot. I habent tested that, but this is what I was told.
It happens the same on the Evora. No issue at all, just open the tailgate carefully about 5 cms, wait 10 seconds, it will drain properly.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
All sport, sport+ and full bucket Porsche 911 & 718 seats are fixed height.

Global regulation, EU and Germany included, is 800mm (31.5) above the seat bottom measure the the point the backrest intersects the seat cushion. That is considered to account for the 95th percentile. There was discussion to increase it to 850mm but the data didn’t support the change.

Measure it and see. BTW, it’s considered proper as long as the top of the head restraint is no lower than the top of your ears. For some the Emira seat may technically be too short, that’s entirely possible, but all Lotus needs to do is engineer to the regulations, not the edge cases.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The water is supposed to drain into the engine compartment - if you open the lid slow enough. If you raise the boot lid too quickly, the water can spill into the boot. I habent tested that, but this is what I was told.
Emergency stop maybe when you park up in the rain?

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For anyone in the catchment of Lotus Prestbury, Cheshire, this is the showroom location for Oakmere, Northwich, Cheshire. The Northwich location will be the service centre going forward, with the boutique showroom in Prestbury being the base for Emira viewings/test drives.
Just spoken to them about servicing (see enhance and protect thread) and they have advised that their demo is due with them in 2 - 3 weeks. They further confirmed that Lotus will be organising the test drive booking through a dedicated website area, details to be e.mailed to all deposit holders.
I expect they will be very busy as their catchment includes a lot of deposit holders.

Last edited:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
For anyone in the catchment of Lotus Prestbury, Cheshire, this is the showroom location for Oakmere, Northwich, Cheshire. The Northwich location will be the service centre going forward, with the boutique showroom in Prestbury being the base for Emira viewings/test drives.
Just spoken to them about servicing (see enhance and protect thread) and they have advised that their demo is due with them in 2 - 3 weeks. They further confirmed that Lotus will be organising the test drive booking through a dedicated website area, details to be e.mailed to all deposit holders.
I expect they will be very busy as their catchment includes a lot of deposit holders.
A lot of effluent affluent people in their catchment! :ROFLMAO:
I hope this website and test drive invite is in deposit order ar least

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I hope this website and test drive invite is in deposit order ar least
It's supposed to be but you know it won't be. I spoke to LCC last week and (as usual) I'm somehow not on the list to be contacted by Lotus about priority test drives, despite being told they were prioritising people in the first 3 months of deliveries. They have now added me. It shouldn't have to be this painful.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It's supposed to be but you know it won't be. I spoke to LCC last week and (as usual) I'm somehow not on the list to be contacted by Lotus about priority test drives, despite being told they were prioritising people in the first 3 months of deliveries. They have now added me. It shouldn't have to be this painful.
For real!? 🤯😳
That really suprises me even with my level of cynicism of Lotus CX.
I'm not doing anymore chasing. If they mess up again I will just go elsewhere.

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What a shame that we expect it to be a shambles. I'd predicted as much when it became clear that Lotus would be scheduling the test drives instead of their agents. Years ago Denis Jenkinson, who covered the F1 and sports car races for Motor Sport magazine, used to award a team shambles trophy to the team who continually underperformed in F1. Perhaps we should consider something similar here.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'd love to know which tiny man at Lotus has taken it upon himself to make himself feel better about his own inadequacies by making your purchase experience worse. These petty minded individuals shouldn't be working for a company with ambitions such as 'New Lotus'. Or any company more to the point.
Ridiculous and petty.

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For real!? 🤯😳
I'm feeling the same. I've already looked at late Exiges along with something rapid for everyday use.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For real!? 🤯😳

Yes, I had to ask several times to be added to the priority list. I had to point out that some people might want a test drive before committing, particularly as Lotus had promised this a number of times since January. LCC seemed surprised by my request and that other people might be in the same position.

The potential timeframes and sequences for checkout emails, test drives and commitment deadline mean people are likely to get a very narrow window to test and checkout. So after months of repeated delays, you may only get 1-2 weeks to get a test drive and sign the paperwork. If you don't do that before the (short) deadline then your car is delayed into 2023, to a month not yet determined. Yes, really.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Yes, I had to ask several times to be added to the priority list. I had to point out that some people might want a test drive before committing, particularly as Lotus had promised this a number of times since January. LCC seemed surprised by my request and that other people might be in the same position.

The potential timeframes and sequences for checkout emails, test drives and commitment deadline mean people are likely to get a very narrow window to test and checkout. So after months of repeated delays, you may only get 1-2 weeks to get a test drive and sign the paperwork. If you don't do that before the (short) deadline then your car is delayed into 2023, to a month not yet determined. Yes, really.
For the love of 🤦
I maybe retract my previous post. Possible it really is just complete incompetence and nothing personal 🤡
I wouldnt be suprised if they simply believe that the deposit holders are all happy queuing up for the proverbial golden goose and they simply don't have to make the effort. That's going to be a brave position to take in the current climate