Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Dark Verdant G63.....?

20220818_135253.jpg

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Nah, too bright still. Nice color though!
I just emailed the Lotus driver academy to see if I could get them to take some photos of their DV car in sunlight. Fingers crossed...... Still can't believe Lotus haven't done a photo shoot with all colors.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I just emailed the Lotus driver academy to see if I could get them to take some photos of their DV car in sunlight. Fingers crossed...... Still can't believe Lotus haven't done a photo shoot with all colors.

They won't. No photos allowed at the Hethel factory or out on the track anymore. We're better off just waiting to see customer cars at this point. I posted a few DV shots on my IG account that's in my signature below, but most are in this thread already.

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They won't. No photos allowed at the Hethel factory or out on the track anymore. We're better off just waiting to see customer cars at this point. I posted a few DV shots on my IG account that's in my signature below, but most are in this thread already.

Yesterday, I emailed the driving academy email address someone here had provided. I plead my case and asked for some photos of their Dark Verdant car in true sunlight, and I got this prompt response:

"Good morning,

I hope you are keeping well.

This is definitely something we can do for you; I have asked my colleague Kai to take some photos of the Emira for you and send them across within the next week.

Enjoy your weekend and kindest regards,"

Fingers are crossed!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I emailed the driving academy email address someone here had provided. I plead my case and asked for some photos of their Dark Verdant car in true sunlight, and I got this prompt response:

"Good morning,

This is definitely something we can do for you; I have asked my colleague Kai to take some photos of the Emira for you and send them across within the next week.

Fingers are crossed!

Lol.. I really hope they follow through on this for you, but a lot of us have been told similar since September 2021. "Factory photos of all colors will be published within a couple weeks." Literally every week or so for the last year.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

"Good morning,

Fingers are crossed!

But you've published that on here before you've got the photos. Now someone at Lotus will read it and intervene to stop them!

"We said we'd never publish photos of Dark Verdant, it's too hard to photograph - didn't you get the memo?"

KusaKusa

Reaction score

"Good morning,

Fingers are crossed!
Oh hey, Kai is the Lotus social media guy in charge of their popular TikTok account. Maybe it'll show up there.

g_l9wco

Reaction score
Screenshot_20220821-150945_Instagram.jpg

I got sent this shot earlier, not the best pic I know but there is a very slight hint of green....
Look at that front arch gap though, a large cat could sleep in there😔

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
View attachment 8201
I got sent this shot earlier, not the best pic I know but there is a very slight hint of green....
Look at that front arch gap though, a large cat could sleep in there😔
There is visible lens distortion making the arch gap worse. Also, there seem to be all kinds of pre-prod Emira’s out there with varying gap for some reason and this pic may not reflect the production version.

Thanks for sharing the pic though 🤓

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
DV is one of those colors that seems to be difficult for cameras, especially phone cameras to accurately capture. It must be the metallic flakes in the paint that cause the camera ai to adjust for brightness rather than color. In this photo, the car actually looks more like dark green, while other photos it looks like black with a slight green tint.

SteveB

Reaction score
Dark Verdant has been my choice from the very beginning, in combination with yellow callipers, harking back to the iconic BRG/yellow stripe Lotus F1 cars of the 1960’s. However following a factory tour and (Emira) Sports Car experience, it’s very obvious that DV is a bit of a chameleon colour and most of the time its almost black with an occasional hint of green which somehow disappears when looking directly at it - a bit like that occasional glimpse of turqouoise out the corner of the eye when navigating an otherwise pristine white glacier. I was hoping the green would really shine out in the sun but sadly that was not the case. Same story under factory lighting and under certain light conditions it looked black with a hint of blue! Another issue which may explain the difficulty in photographing is the very high reflectance off super clean DV. Don’t really see the underlying colour - just ambient colours reflected off the surface lacquer. And when that surface becomes covered in road film it turns matt black! All in all a bit of a disappointment for me.

The real surprise was Nimbus - it looks superb in all light conditions and really shows off the contours of the car and emphasises dark features such as ducts. In direct sun/bright lighting the bronze fleck really shines out - doesn’t look grey (or silver) at all!

Having owned 5 silver(ish) cars in the past I was keen for my Emira to be a different colour. The big surprise was that Nimbus is a different colour! So as of this morning I have changed my specification and am now in the Nimbus camp. In a way I am disappointed as I was really looking forward to owning my first green car -but DV is only green transiently and I just don’t want another essentially black car.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Same here looked rubbish to me when I saw it in April. I asked to change my spec colour but no chance stuck now not a great position 😒

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Damn, it was first on my list. I'm not sure I have heard someone that has seen DV in person and said it was the #1 color... Not good.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Same here looked rubbish to me when I saw it in April. I asked to change my spec colour but no chance stuck now not a great position 😒
Just email Lotus customer service and explain why the change. I did, and after a couple of weeks, was able to change to Magma. Worth another try.