DARK VERDANT!?

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm an early depositer can change colour but will be delayed till sometime next year.
I was early deposit and was told no from the dealer on change. I reached out to lotus direct and a couple weeks later dealer called and accepted the change. Definitely worth a second try.

Pouhon

Reaction score
Damn, it was first on my list. I'm not sure I have heard someone that has seen DV in person and said it was the #1 color... Not good.
Well I have gone the other way after seeing in the metal.

I was magma with tan. On the factory tour I saw loads of magma and verdant (and Hethel for that matter).

For me the verdant really looked great. Very dark. Almost black in many lights. But I just thought it looked so striking.

Magma was a disappointment. It is far too maroon/dark for my preference.

So I am gonna change the other way and go verdant over tan.

Great that we all like different colours and truth be told the emira is such a good design they all looked brilliant. And although not to my taste the non metallics, seneca and Hethel, looked stunning , and I think showed the purity of the shape much better than the others with all their reflections.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well I have gone the other way after seeing in the metal.

I was magma with tan. On the factory tour I saw loads of magma and verdant (and Hethel for that matter).

For me the verdant really looked great. Very dark. Almost black in many lights. But I just thought it looked so striking.

Magma was a disappointment. It is far too maroon/dark for my preference.

So I am gonna change the other way and go verdant over tan.

Great that we all like different colours and truth be told the emira is such a good design they all looked brilliant. And although not to my taste the non metallics, seneca and Hethel, looked stunning , and I think showed the purity of the shape much better than the others with all their reflections.
Good to hear, I suppose pictures won't do it justice... I really can not wait for these dealer demo's and all the content that will be coming with it!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I've been browsing through YouTube videos of Lotus reviews lately, especially the original Elan. One was from this guy who goes by the name Number 27:

He compares an Elan to a Miata, and his reaction to the Elan is priceless. Reminds me of how I reacted the first time back in the 60's when I got a ride in an Elan.

Another was by Harry's Garage doing a 30 year ownership video on his Elan Sprint:

But the one that caught my eye was by a gal who does Ferrari videos normally, and it was the color:

The Elan looks fantastic in this color. This is exactly the color I want on my Emira. It's very close to Dark Verdant, except it has a bit more green in the depths of it:

1967-lotus-elan-60.jpg

I'm thinking of contacting her and getting the paint brand and code number. Because of how close it is to DV, if I had my car resprayed in this color, there wouldn't be any need to worry about the areas that are hard to access, like door jambs, etc. It would be close enough to not look 'off'. I'm going to wait and see how mine actually looks once I get it of course, but this might be an option.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've been browsing through YouTube videos of Lotus reviews lately, especially the original Elan. One was from this guy who goes by the name Number 27:

He compares an Elan to a Miata, and his reaction to the Elan is priceless. Reminds me of how I reacted the first time back in the 60's when I got a ride in an Elan.

Another was by Harry's Garage doing a 30 year ownership video on his Elan Sprint:

But the one that caught my eye was by a gal who does Ferrari videos normally, and it was the color:

The Elan looks fantastic in this color. This is exactly the color I want on my Emira. It's very close to Dark Verdant, except it has a bit more green in the depths of it:

View attachment 8243

I'm thinking of contacting her and getting the paint brand and code number. Because of how close it is to DV, if I had my car resprayed in this color, there wouldn't be any need to worry about the areas that are hard to access, like door jambs, etc. It would be close enough to not look 'off'. I'm going to wait and see how mine actually looks once I get it of course, but this might be an option.
Stunning green, but DV looks much darker in sunlight.... I think...

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Still haven't heard back from the Driving Academy (but it is only 4 days after my request) but I still search daily, here and elsewhere, for any glimpse of a real pic of DV.

I'm sure I've seen this video before, but not sure if it's been posted here or not. This seems to be the only video that exists of a true outdoor-bright-sunlight showcase of DV.

If the car looks like this in sunlight, I'll be thrilled..... But none of the (crappy and limited) photos/videos of this color on an actual car seem to replicate this dazzling display.

Anyone who has seen DV in person... Is this swatch even close?

Screenshot_20220823-183217_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220823-183449_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220823-183517_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220823-183548_YouTube.jpg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Those pictures are very similar to the pictures I took of the DV sample at the dealer roadshow in midday sun. The last pic is against a Motorsport Green car for comparison.

IMG_7605.JPG

IMG_7612.JPG

IMG_7616.JPG

I've seen DV at the factory. It was inside the assembly hall but right by the full height window with bright sunshine coming in. Where the light is fully on it, you get the metallic effect and you can see the green - like my middle picture. The metallic is less visible once you get 10-15 feet away. One the side of car away from the window and hence out of direct sunlight, the metallic is only obvious right up close and from normal viewing distance it looks like a flat black or very dark green.

It's a classy colour, but don't expect people to recognise it as green all of the time.

JXJ

Reaction score
Still haven't heard back from the Driving Academy (but it is only 4 days after my request) but I still search daily, here and elsewhere, for any glimpse of a real pic of DV.

I'm sure I've seen this video before, but not sure if it's been posted here or not. This seems to be the only video that exists of a true outdoor-bright-sunlight showcase of DV.

If the car looks like this in sunlight, I'll be thrilled..... But none of the (crappy and limited) photos/videos of this color on an actual car seem to replicate this dazzling display.

Anyone who has seen DV in person... Is this swatch even close?

View attachment 8245

View attachment 8246
View attachment 8247
View attachment 8248
DV in the sun ☀️ it’s darker than I expected, for me the colour choice.

Attachments

• E56FBCAF-5C2A-4B48-8F1C-DD0B97335EF6.jpeg
    E56FBCAF-5C2A-4B48-8F1C-DD0B97335EF6.jpeg
    346.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 8E55360D-F4D4-4181-8275-C06181889C31.jpeg
    8E55360D-F4D4-4181-8275-C06181889C31.jpeg
    381.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 3CCB7778-E209-4588-A71C-C99DF783C5CF.jpeg
    3CCB7778-E209-4588-A71C-C99DF783C5CF.jpeg
    334.2 KB · Views: 142
  • CC884240-5ED8-4E98-B058-A39F4A6200E7.jpeg
    CC884240-5ED8-4E98-B058-A39F4A6200E7.jpeg
    371.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 42C0E30D-37F5-4C4E-A1FC-6F964C092007.jpeg
    42C0E30D-37F5-4C4E-A1FC-6F964C092007.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 142

Pouhon

Reaction score
I think it is black with a slight hint of green 🤔
Yes, this is how I would best describe it. Like a really interesting black, that you can tell isn't quite black, then as sunlight catches it you more and more hints of metallic green. Sometimes even a little emerald as the light moves across it.

Think about those colours or other manufactures/past, eg BMW Ruby black (hint of red), starlight purple (tvr? Mclaren have similar), BMW carbon black (hint of blue though its probably not quite as black as this)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

View attachment 8243

I have contemplated buying an Elan Sprint.
I think the early Lotus look really great value compared to other classics.
An Elan Sprint and a nice 981 Cayman GTS or similar for same price as the Emira is an interesting proposition

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have contemplated buying an Elan Sprint.
I think the early Lotus look really great value compared to other classics.
An Elan Sprint and a nice 981 Cayman GTS or similar for same price as the Emira is an interesting proposition
Yes, my idea garage would include an Elan Sprint, a Lotus 23b and a Lotus Europa twin cam.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes, this is how I would best describe it. Like a really interesting black, that you can tell isn't quite black, then as sunlight catches it you more and more hints of metallic green. Sometimes even a little emerald as the light moves across it.

Think about those colours or other manufactures/past, eg BMW Ruby black (hint of red), starlight purple (tvr? Mclaren have similar), BMW carbon black (hint of blue though its probably not quite as black as this)
Given the choice of colours from the Lotus back catalogue, i would have either Motorsport Black or Starlight Black. I spotted an Exige in one of those colours and it looked great. I think Emira would look amazing aswell. I specced my Emira in Seneca Blue without Black pack.

JXJ

Reaction score
Given the choice of colours from the Lotus back catalogue, i would have either Motorsport Black or Starlight Black. I spotted an Exige in one of those colours and it looked great. I think Emira would look amazing aswell. I specced my Emira in Seneca Blue without Black pack.
Seneca looked very nice in the sunshine

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I saw a pre-prod Emira in Starlight Black at the factory in January and it looked lovely. It does hide some of the curves compared to the lighter/brighter colours.

old dusty

Reaction score

View attachment 8243

Thanks for sharing the videos -hadn't seen the #27 video before. I have followed Harry for years - and have seen a few videos on his Elan. I have to admit that the recent Harry video you posted - and I first saw in January - inspired me to find and buy a Sprint - which I did in May of this year. It is one of, if not "the", best car to drive that I have experienced. I can't even explain why or how it does what it does - it is everything these videos say it is. It would kill a stock Miata on a winding road - and your face would be aching from the grin afterwards. What it can do with 126 hp and 4" wide tires defies logic. No car I have driven is like it, as a owner of a few older cars I can't believe I didn't find or know this earlier and I can't imagine ever selling it.