DARK VERDANT!?

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is it me, or has every FE colour been photographed and identified other than DV? Will somebody somewhere, including at Lotus, just show us a DV in production so we can see even a photograph of the colour, PLEASE?!?!

note89

Reaction score
Is it me, or has every FE colour been photographed and identified other than DV? Will somebody somewhere, including at Lotus, just show us a DV in production so we can see even a photograph of the colour, PLEASE?!?!
I found this image in another thread but that is the only image i have seen.
And people are saying that it's not a true representation because the phone is trying to do an HDR photo or something.

I really don't want it to be too dark, this looks good to me.

Original post here.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 7.39.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 7.39.48 AM.png
    693.9 KB · Views: 919

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I found this image in another thread but that is the only image i have seen.
And people are saying that it's not a true representation because the phone is trying to do an HDR photo or something.

I really don't want it to be too dark, this looks good to me.

Original post here.
Hahah, "in another thread" 😄 It is this same thread.

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Aye yes I’ve seen this one however in the thread nobody was able to confirm if it was DV or not :(

ARA

Reaction score
Just saw this pop up on my phone attached to an article on a random Google article. Not sure if its a common image already, but first time I've seen it. Just sharing in case it helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220313-173047_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220313-173047_Chrome.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 575

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The top photo is a poor rendition of dark verdant in the light. it is too blue so as said before it is all in the "white balance", dark verdant is a dark sparkly green in bright light, in shadow it is almost navy blue and I imagine at night it will look black. I have ordered dark verdant and couldn't be happier with my choice. :cool:

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The lower photo is definitely Shadow Grey, top photo looks too blue for dark verdant it could be Nautilus which they have up their sleeve for post FE cars

KusaKusa

Reaction score
the car looks so width, i love it
The rear silhouette, taper inwards in the middle, and total width are close to the Aston Martin Vantage. The Vantage has a spectacular rear end that looks super aggressive, so the Emira should be similar.

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Closest I have been able to see from the actual sample on the road shows and photos on other cars would be the Lotus Carlton Imperial Green - very dark green almost black in some light but has is a nice metallic green in sun / good light.
Tom has said that its close but not the same but for me that is what Im basing my thoughts on until I see the real thing. You need a good quality monitor/screen to see the colour properly, otherwise it just looks very dark https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/vauxhall/lotus-carlton-1990-1992/

note89

Reaction score
Nothing new under the sun?
Have switched from DV for now, what I have seen has been too dark.
But if it's more green in reality I will switch back.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Nothing new under the sun?
Have switched from DV for now, what I have seen has been too dark.
But if it's more green in reality I will switch back.

What pictures are referring to when you say "what I have seen" other than what's in this thread? Just want to make sure I haven't missed anything that may help may make this decision 7 months from now. :D

I am the opposite. I am hoping it's dark dark.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am so undecided!!! Nimbus vs DV!!! I think I have had too many silver cars! And really want a nice dark Green sports car with Tan leather!
You have just made your decision!

note89

Reaction score
I am so undecided!!! Nimbus vs DV!!! I think I have had too many silver cars! And really want a nice dark Green sports car with Tan leather!
This was my dream, classy, Aston martin vibe.
But the DV in the current configurator does not show the lines of the Emira that well in my opinion.

I don't have any images. If it looks like this I want it.
But people say it's over-exposed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 7.39.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 7.39.48 AM.png
    693.9 KB · Views: 126

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's in quite a dark environment, and the cell phone used to take the photo is pulling the exposure up a ton in the midrange to try to make things visible. Based on the contrast brightness of the downlights in the background on the ground and wall, I think this was very early morning or at dusk after sunset.

I took a stab at reverting some of the auto-exposure error... this is probably closer, though likely still brighter than the scene would have been in person:
Darren-DV-inperson-shot-crop-expfix.jpg