DARK VERDANT!?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can you explain in simple terms the use of the grey card?
Cameras capture color in inconsistent ways from manufacturer to manufacturer and from model to model, including cell phones. These changes shift also with the color of the light falling on a surface.

A grey card reference is a "known" color reference that can be used to correct the color cast of an image, by giving the software something it can zero the color channels against (Red, Green, Blue). With the grey card visible in frame under the same light, it's literally a one-click affair on any photo editing software to neutralize the color cast and generate reasonable color accuracy, correcting for both the particular behavior of the camera and for the color of the illuminant.

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In this link there are some more detailed photos about the DV exposed in Japan

shin73

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In this link there are some more detailed photos about the DV exposed in Japan

So according to Balmer, the first production car for Japan was completed 10 days ago and 2 are planned to be shipped next week.

More propaganda for the media? We shall see SOON....

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Discussion on KEF audio moved to here:

Off The Shelf

Reaction score
The car above looks nothing like the car in my profile picture and it's making me seriously consider changing my colour. There's more blue in the more recent videos giving it a more petrol green/blue look and in my opinion making it look quite dull and muted even when polished to high heaven. There were also many noticeable scratches on the bonnet of the car in the video. This makes me question whether scratches become more noticeable on this colour in poarticular?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The car above looks nothing like the car in my profile picture and it's making me seriously consider changing my colour. There's more blue in the more recent videos giving it a more petrol green/blue look and in my opinion making it look quite dull and muted even when polished to high heaven. There were also many noticeable scratches on the bonnet of the car in the video. This makes me question whether scratches become more noticeable on this colour in poarticular?
Scratches, hazing, holograms are always more visible on darker coloured cars. Not just this one.
I was told way back that the DV was like Ford Tourmaline green and hence had a blueish tint to it.
I think it's one of those colours that will look great, but different in every light.

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's your sign...
dark vernant copy.jpg

Last edited:

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
for those who don't understand Japanese:
"Is this the fabled Dark Verdant"
"Yes it is"
"When will they deliver cars"
"How long is a piece of string"
"sometime it can be long, and sometimes it can be very long"
"Indeed, so it is with Lotus"

disclaimer, I only understand 2% of the video, the rest I've filled in from context

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Fair warning to everyone - the color saturation on that video is absolutely cranked to the max. Look at the Lotus branding on the wall, which is supposed to be a "lemon" yellow color. Similarly, the color of the tan interior looks dark orange. That's not the color in the real world. Similarly, the green in the paint isn't that shade either.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I was surprised to see the turn signals in the back flash orange! I knew the side mirrors and front lights do, but it was cool to see the rear lights do too.