Customer Service not answering phones or calling back

meccanisti

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to call UK CS this week? Simply not answering the phone or calling back despite sitting in the queue from opening time at 10am!

I have a car sat at the dealer I'd really like to pay for.

fellman3

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to call UK CS this week? Simply not answering the phone or calling back despite sitting in the queue from opening time at 10am!

I have a car sat at the dealer I'd really like to pay for.
I rang 3 times last week and twice this week, tried Live Chat and emailed them twice. I spoke to and then visited the dealer, who were great, they tried but can’t get in touch with them either. To cap it all I got a reminder yesterday to pay the £3k configuration fee! Somebody pick the f’ing phone up!!

OP
meccanisti

meccanisti

Reaction score
Managed finally to get through on a web chat - said they'd get the invoice out, but couldn't commit to any kind of timescale...

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nik Key is the finance manager at Lotus. If your car is ready and you just need to pay for it, he can help

OP
meccanisti

meccanisti

Reaction score
Dealer is getting involved now to see if they can hurry it up... I am sure they don't want the car sat there. There's also the complication of a private reg. But if I haven't heard by next week I'll give him a try - thanks very much for the info.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They seem to be overwhelmed at the moment. I’ve seen reports over the last month of people being stuck in phone and webchat queues then dropped after 30 mins.

My emails from Feb, Mar, Apr and May are all unanswered.

DJManc

Reaction score
I have tried to contact LCC everyday for at least a week now to no avail. Nobody replies when you request a call back! After I paid the 2nd deposit of 3k, I had no confirmation from Lotus and could not see any info of my chosen spec on 'My Lotus'.
I can only think that they are short of Customer Care Staff, as they must be leaving Lotus for alternative employment due to all the stress of dealing with all the extremely unhappy customers from all the empty promises!!
I did eventually email LCC and after a couple of days they sent a brief reply ''Here's the link to your spec''
I can only hope that all this stress and heart ache will be nothing but a distant memory when (and if) this car ever arrives!

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I also sent a couple of mails, no response. Then resorted to chat, which got an immediate and helpful response. However, I've now received an email today which ignores all previous communication regarding postponing my build to post-August, informing me my car is ready for delivery - and why did I not respond to mails and attempted calls?!! Is Jessica a bot?!

Anyone one want a Nimbus over Tan car this month for 3k over list?

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I spoke with them today and then the finance guys (as they are separate). Both teams called me. Sounds like they are very busy. I think they said they are setting up a new team to assist but they need to learn so there will be an improvement eventually.
When i mentioned the call wait times the finance guy said you wont wait more than a minute or so for us to pick up the call..... Money talks!

OP
meccanisti

meccanisti

Reaction score
I spoke with them today and then the finance guys (as they are separate). Both teams called me. Sounds like they are very busy. I think they said they are setting up a new team to assist but they need to learn so there will be an improvement eventually.
When i mentioned the call wait times the finance guy said you wont wait more than a minute or so for us to pick up the call..... Money talks!
Could you maybe PM me with the contact details you used to get through to them? Many thanks

OP
meccanisti

meccanisti

Reaction score
Wow finance team are on it and super efficient.... Hopefully will have pickup this Friday if I can get it paid in time. Thanks @Toomanyloti !!

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow finance team are on it and super efficient.... Hopefully will have pickup this Friday if I can get it paid in time. Thanks @Toomanyloti !!
Had a call (which I missed :poop:) this morning and several emails. Invoice has landed so I'll sort that tonight.
Been all over it so far. Glad its working out (y)

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well, last week I made a few calls (dropped) and a few webchats (dropped), registered for a callback (never came), but ultimately did get an email with a link to pay my configuration fee... and for my troubles, I got another "thanks, well be in touch soon" email. No link to "My Lotus" or whatever, or even a payment reference number. Really continuing to feel the love. 😑

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well, last week I made a few calls (dropped) and a few webchats (dropped), registered for a callback (never came), but ultimately did get an email with a link to pay my configuration fee... and for my troubles, I got another "thanks, well be in touch soon" email. No link to "My Lotus" or whatever, or even a payment reference number. Really continuing to feel the love. 😑
https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/my-lotus Just try it - that worked for me…… 😏

OP
meccanisti

meccanisti

Reaction score
Yup, I didn't bother to wait for the checkout link. Checkout just appeared on My Lotus! Mind you if you're at configuration, you're a way off.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I suspect once a car is ready the custserv and finance guys follow a pretty simple prescribed process/funnel.

Where folk are probably getting frustrated is anything to do with the factory/timescales etc... all the things they should know but are not getting told.
CS will be a 3rd party call centre operation which needs scaling up to meet demand they never expected in this volume.
They are in Sheffield, I believe, based on the accents which I recognised immediately. Sheff' is a long way from Hethel...

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I suspect once a car is ready the custserv and finance guys follow a pretty simple prescribed process/funnel.

Where folk are probably getting frustrated is anything to do with the factory/timescales etc... all the things they should know but are not getting told.
CS will be a 3rd party call centre operation which needs scaling up to meet demand they never expected in this volume.
They are in Sheffield, I believe, based on the accents which I recognised immediately. Sheff' is a long way from Hethel...
They are in Sheffield, as I asked in my last call to add some of the enhance and protect stuff... the bloke on the phone was eager but had zero knowledge of anything. I now have some extras on my account; they said... we will see come checkout I guess. Only a few weeks away.