• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Cost for Oil Change?

showtime

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Buy the tools to do it yourself… it feels great working on your own car and hey, you can do your Audi as well.
I think I will for the next one. Hopeful for a nice video at some point!

I follow directions real good. Haha

On rails

Reaction score
I was quoted $1149, for an oil change. $300 hr. which is Ferrari labor but we have a Toyota engine. If we do the oil changes ourselves would it void warranty.
Holman Motor Sports in St. Louis, I asked first if she meant $149 and if she accidentally added and extra 1 on the total. When she clearly stated she didn’t I asked how much per hour which was 300hr. I told her my friend just got his Lambo Hurrican oil change for $680. She didn’t believe me so I dropped it.

I guess I’m frustrated that I had the car towed from KC to St. Louis for intermittent starting issues and they have too rip the entire dash out to replace an anti-theft module. The car only has 500 miles and I read the forum and I’m nervous that this car is going to be problematic. Hopefully they are able to put the dash back together without any new issues or rattles. I’m coming from an Alfa 4C for 7 years and didn’t have one issue the entire time of ownership.

On rails

Reaction score
Ferrari prices

Attachments

• IMG_0910.png
    IMG_0910.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0911.png
    IMG_0911.png
    69 KB · Views: 38

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ferrari prices
Ask her if it comes with a multi-course dinner at a Michelin starred restaurant, because you could literally pay for that, plus a high quality oil change somewhere else, and still come out cheaper than what she is asking.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This. I take pics of my parts receipts with date and mileage on odometer, one of new oil filter in housing, one of the oil plug out of the vehicle as well. Then link those photos to my spreadsheet that denotes date and service done.

It is illegal for them to void your warranty solely based on if they dont do the service themselves. However if you mess something up related to what you were working on they can deny to fix anything related to what they claim to have been caused by DIY. Example: you forgot put oil in, drain plug wasnt tight and oil drained out etc etc.

$1149 is robbery. I'd take them quotes from other Lotus dealers rate. doubt its 3 hrs labor for them as well on a Lotus.
I don’t think it’s robbery I think it’s a crime haha

Stiffarm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Changing your own oil does not void warranty. But keep a clear record with receipts for the parts, notate it in the service booklet, and take at least one photo each time.
Should you use a Lotus or Toyota filter insert?

SirSoysauce

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Should you use a Lotus or Toyota filter insert?
I'm pretty sure a while ago someone said the filter was a Toyota part that they just slap a Lotus stick on or something of the likes. Don't quote me on that though.

azlambo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Do it yourself. About $70.

Attachments

• Lotus Emira Oil Change Procedure 1.jpeg
    Lotus Emira Oil Change Procedure 1.jpeg
    331.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Lotus Emira Oil Change Procedure 2.jpeg
    Lotus Emira Oil Change Procedure 2.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Lotus Emira Oil Change Procedure 3.jpeg